Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Novitec Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
F430 Novitec Question

Hi guys. It's been a while since I posted here and here I am , back with more question. =)

I have recently placed an order for the LP640 which is slotted for May delivery and now I am interested in purchasing the 430 coupe with the Novitec 707 BHP kit.

For those of you who do not know, I reside in Chandigarh, India ( 250 kms away from Delhi) and chandigarh is considered the best planned city in India (Why I say all this will be explained shortly)

I was initially interested in the standard 430 coupe, but the dealer here recommended the Novitec package. Now my questions are as follows :

1 - I asked that if I get the novitec package, then would that not void the factory warranty? The dealer says that Novitec to ferrari is AMG to Merc, just that Novitec does not do " In House" tuning and that Ferrari endorses Novitec tuning.. So he says that Ferrari and Novitec would provide full warranty and service back up..
How true is that?

2 - Chandigarh has well paved roads which are in excellent condition. The city is relatively small and I would be driving this car daily.. Almost driving for about 20 - 30 kms a day. So is this car free from issues if good care is taken? Or does the tuning plague the car with issues from time to time?

3 - I hear that this car beats the pants of the Enzo and LP.. That true?

4 - Does any one here own the Novitec 430? Thought I could get some in sight on the Speed, Power, Acceleration and overall fun with this car..

Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ecks
... So he says that Ferrari and Novitec would provide full warranty and service back up..
How true is that?
Have him put that in writing so that when Ferrari denies you warranty coverage you can sue him for the resultant damages!!

Ferrari just issued a notice of warranty breach if a Tubi muffler is installed on a 430. So, do you really believe what this person told you?

Now Ferrari can't unilaterally do that in the US, but they will try and they will make it expensive for one to collect under the warranty.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Have him put that in writing so that when Ferrari denies you warranty coverage you can sue him for the resultant damages!!

Ferrari just issued a notice of warranty breach if a Tubi muffler is installed on a 430. So, do you really believe what this person told you?

Now Ferrari can't unilaterally do that in the US, but they will try and they will make it expensive for one to collect under the warranty.

Hmm.. In that case I would suffer because if tomorrow this car breaks down, Ferrari would charge me exorbitantly for repairs..

Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
call the headquarters for ferrari, whichever one is in charge for india and tell them what the dealer said and ask if that is true. Gcalo mentioned rules in the US, well you aren't in the US and all the different countries have different rules/laws regarding warranty so your best bet is to call Ferrari directly.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Trust me it isnt amg to mercedes for ferrari, I asked the local dealership if bmc filters and kreisseg exhaust will void a warranty on the F430 and they said yes.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Trust me it isnt amg to mercedes for ferrari, I asked the local dealership if bmc filters and kreisseg exhaust will void a warranty on the F430 and they said yes.
MeanMachine is right 100%. If any dealer said that Novitec is authorized by Ferrari, I would never, EVER go to that dealer again because they have no idea what they are talking about. Novitec is like any other aftermarket tuner and their upgrade will void you warranty 100%.

Furthermore, I would not even recommend Novitec products because their superchargers had major issues with inadequate cooling and there are several instance of engines blowing up as a result. You will have to pay $100,000 out of your own pocket to get a new engine for the car if that were to happen to you. If you want a fast F430, get an F430 Scudaria and maybe install some carbon wheels on it to reduce unsprung weight, and that's it. Maybe you don't know this, but Novitec Ferrari F360 lost to a Nissan 350Z during a track shootout (European Car Magazine). The fact that that dealer claims its faster than LP640 or Ferrari Enzo is beyond laughable.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tuskir
MeanMachine is right 100%. If any dealer said that Novitec is authorized by Ferrari, I would never, EVER go to that dealer again because they have no idea what they are talking about. Novitec is like any other aftermarket tuner and their upgrade will void you warranty 100%.

Furthermore, I would not even recommend Novitec products because their superchargers had major issues with inadequate cooling and there are several instance of engines blowing up as a result. You will have to pay $100,000 out of your own pocket to get a new engine for the car if that were to happen to you. If you want a fast F430, get an F430 Scudaria and maybe install some carbon wheels on it to reduce unsprung weight, and that's it. Maybe you don't know this, but Novitec Ferrari F360 lost to a Nissan 350Z during a track shootout (European Car Magazine). The fact that that dealer claims its faster than LP640 or Ferrari Enzo is beyond laughable.
Yes I remember you telling about the 350Z victory over at SLKworld,

Honestly an F430 Scuderia is a great car and you should look at it, F430 is also good but if you want more power get the faster car from factory as dealership really are very strict on modifications and will cancel your cars warranty even with some thing silly like a filter and an ecu tune.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes I remember you telling about the 350Z victory over at SLKworld,

Honestly an F430 Scuderia is a great car and you should look at it, F430 is also good but if you want more power get the faster car from factory as dealership really are very strict on modifications and will cancel your cars warranty even with some thing silly like a filter and an ecu tune.

I am guessing that the 430's loss to the 350Z was more driver related.. The stock 430 beats the stock 350Z.. Why wouldn't the Novitec?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
I am guessing that the 430's loss to the 350Z was more driver related.. The stock 430 beats the stock 350Z.. Why wouldn't the Novitec?
exactly. also, this may be heretical, but really... ferrari's have never been particularly noteworthy in track environments. with the exception of F1, but typically, Ferrari's usually fall short of their competitors on track tests.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 AM

I think it was the heating issues and it was a novitec 360 modena.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
exactly. also, this may be heretical, but really... ferrari's have never been particularly noteworthy in track environments. with the exception of F1, but typically, Ferrari's usually fall short of their competitors on track tests.

Not always. I am under the impression that F road cars are derivatives of F1 cars. These tests are usually done by Journo's who aren't the best drivers ( We all know Tiff is a better driver than Jezza) ...

I guess the Supercharger issues are more installation related.. But then again,I have no bias towards either opinion.. If any one can tell me their exp with a Novi, I'd be ever so thankful. Am sure some one here must own one.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:16 AM

Phew! I was under doubt regarding my purchase for a moment.. Now the 360 modena having heating issues with the Novi is something different.. I am more interested in similar issues (if any) with the 430..

Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Exactly. According to the article, the Novitec F360 overheated and was making less power than stock. The car was basically running like sh*t after a few laps. If you don't push your car too hard, it will probably be OK though...

Old 02-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Exactly. According to the article, the Novitec F360 overheated and was making less power than stock. The car was basically running like sh*t after a few laps. If you don't push your car too hard, it will probably be OK though...

Tuskir buddy, tell me this ..
I would NEVER track the car.. As there are no tracks in India.
I would drive this car for MAX 15 kms a day.. Will maintain the car properly..
Would drive it fast or max rev very very less.. Like a 10 sec drag with some one on the road on a roll types.. Now tell me , would it be Okay then? As it,would it be hassle free?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Tuskir buddy, tell me this ..
I would NEVER track the car.. As there are no tracks in India.
I would drive this car for MAX 15 kms a day.. Will maintain the car properly..
Would drive it fast or max rev very very less.. Like a 10 sec drag with some one on the road on a roll types.. Now tell me , would it be Okay then? As it,would it be hassle free?

It that case, it will most likely it will be OK. However, you're still taking a risk because if something were to go wrong with the car, Ferrari will not honor the warranty and you'd have to pay for the repairs yourself. The biggest concern I had was the dealer telling you that your warranty will remain intact, which is 100% false. FYI, Novitec Rosso is a German company based in Stetten, they don't even operate in the same country as Ferrari, so saying they are like "AMG" is to Mercedes is deceiving, to say the least.

P.S. Since you already have an LP640, why do you want the Novitec F430 anyway? It won't be any faster than the Lambo, I can guarantee you that much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 Novitec Question