Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Financial documentation or requirments to test drive an F-car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:03 PM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
Financial documentation or requirments to test drive an F-car?

So I have heard that to test drive an F-car they will ask for some sort of financial documentation. Is this true? If so what would you need to provide? Bank statements, pay stub, credit? And is this at all dealerships or only Ferrari?

Does this apply if I'm simply only looking to test drive a pre-owned 360 or possibly a cs?

Thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately F dealers look for maturity in their buyers as that is usually an indication of affordability.

If you are in your 20's or early 30's I'd say it's a tough bet that you'll not get to drive a new car.

Best to look to an independant seller who has F cars to arrange a test drive.

Sorry, but the old statement-RHIP- is alive and well.

That is-Rank Has Its Privileges!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Never heard of a dealer asking for anything but a drivers license and insurance.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 AM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Unfortunately F dealers look for maturity in their buyers as that is usually an indication of affordability.

If you are in your 20's or early 30's I'd say it's a tough bet that you'll not get to drive a new car.

Best to look to an independant seller who has F cars to arrange a test drive.

Sorry, but the old statement-RHIP- is alive and well.

That is-Rank Has Its Privileges!

Wow, that sounds a bit pretentious. Unfortunately for me I'm 30yrs old but get mistaken for 26 quite a bit. So even if I work with 50yr old bankers everyday and have a bank statement qualified to buy the car in cash they will still discriminate based on my appearance? This is almost turning me off from owning one.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
Why would you need to test drive a Ferrari ... in the dealers eyes, you either want it pending visual, mechanical and financial criteria or you're just screwing around.

G

Old 05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Wannabe
Originally Posted by hblocal
... This is almost turning me off from owning one.
Talk about pretentious

Old 05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Car_Collector is infamous around these parts
Why don't you call ahead, then bring in proof?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Wow, that sounds a bit pretentious. Unfortunately for me I'm 30yrs old but get mistaken for 26 quite a bit. So even if I work with 50yr old bankers everyday and have a bank statement qualified to buy the car in cash they will still discriminate based on my appearance? This is almost turning me off from owning one.

What?

I can't believe you'd expect them to just toss you the keys because you have allegedly shown the ability to buy. TONS of people do that and are still just kicking tires. What they'll probably do is take you for a "ride", after you've proven you're not another guy blowing smoke. You'll likely have to put down a refundable deposit to get behind the wheel. They aren't Corvettes. The same will be the case with Lamborghini or any other "rare" expensive exotic.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Ferrari dealers are like girls, they are always testing you, don't put up with their bull**** and they take care of you. I think they look at it like this; if I walk into a dealership to spend 400k on a car do you really think I'm going to take **** from a car salesman? So don't. I have driven Lambos and Ferraris at dealerships without my father and who didn't know me before I was even 18. It's all a game.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Wow, that sounds a bit pretentious. ---
Pretentious it's not. It's good business. Dealers are merely protecting their valuable assets=inventory.

Most males would love to drive a Ferrari. Dealers know this. They don't want to waste their time with tire kickers.

Last edited by Gcalo; 05-07-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Milan is infamous around these partsMilan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Ferrari dealers are like girls, they are always testing you, don't put up with their bull**** and they take care of you. I think they look at it like this; if I walk into a dealership to spend 400k on a car do you really think I'm going to take **** from a car salesman? So don't. I have driven Lambos and Ferraris at dealerships without my father and who didn't know me before I was even 18. It's all a game.
No ****. If you are in the market for a $200k car don't take any **** from a person making $60k a year selling it to you.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
blastr17 is infamous around these parts
I have never provided my SS# or any financial info prior to driving a car. That goes from honda's all the way to ferrari's.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Wannabe
... Unfortunately for me I'm 30yrs old but get mistaken for 26 quite a bit. ...

Is there realy a difference ?

G

Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
i find it hard to believe a ferrari dealer will let anyone test drive a car unless you are a repeat customer, or roll up in a ferrari that you already own (or lamborghini) or are a famous person. I don't blame them there are a lot of tire kickers around.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:36 PM
4retr is infamous around these parts
I think it is all about presentation - I purchased my 1st Ferrari when I was in my 20's.

At the time I called ahead and scheduled an appointment. I had my research completed and just needed time behind the wheel to make a decision on which car (at the time I was considering a 308QV, 328, and 348).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Financial documentation or requirments to test drive an F-car?