Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Market price for scuderia?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
blue997 is infamous around these parts
Market price for scuderia?

No, I can't afford one, but just out of curiosity is there a market price yet for someone that has to have a scuderia **now**? For example, I believe that about one month after initial 599 deliveries, the 599 was pretty available at $200-$250k above MSRP.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:50 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue997
No, I can't afford one, but just out of curiosity is there a market price yet for someone that has to have a scuderia **now**? For example, I believe that about one month after initial 599 deliveries, the 599 was pretty available at $200-$250k above MSRP.

Good luck with the markup with today's economy.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:34 AM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Good luck with the markup with today's economy.
The niche Scuderia market is not comparable to most sports cars produced today. People with means, the well heeled, the affluent, are still paying big money to acquire scarce assets.

Cases on point: I know a dealer who was offered $155K over list. On Ferrari Chat there was a recent unconfirmed sale of one at $180K over list by a Ferrari dealer. Buyers have posted on F Chat that they are willing to pay over. One serious collector on F Chat stated he agreed to pay $80K over but was later rebuffed by the dealer after depositing $20K.

However, unlike the GT2 where there are new and used ones for sale on the open market, all Scuderia sales will be "under the table" because of FNA strict regulation via ROFR between dealer and customer.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
However, unlike the GT2 where there are new and used ones for sale on the open market, all Scuderia sales will be "under the table" because of FNA strict regulation via ROFR between dealer and customer.
Indeed

Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I guess that might be true for the Scuderia but I've seen a lot of Bentley, Ferrari, and Lambo sitting in the showroom a little longer with today's economy and soaring gas price.

A lot of GT3RS are still sitting in the dealership's showroom because people are not willing to pay for a 50K markup on this car. But I guess the Scudy is a little more exotic than the RS, hence the exclusivity.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
4retr is infamous around these parts
I was offered a "real - on local soil" Scuderia for $490K firm last week. My response was "too much $$$ for me in this climate."

Old 05-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by 4retr
I was offered a "real - on local soil" Scuderia for $490K firm last week. My response was "too much $$$ for me in this climate."
Wow, that's amazing.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
what's MSRP?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
what's MSRP?

I'm guessing in the high 200K

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
4retr is infamous around these parts
$290k +/-

Old 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by 4retr
$290k +/-

So that's a 200k markup. That is overpriced.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Ok. I'm confused. So what is MSRP and what is actual market value?

Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Ok. I'm confused. So what is MSRP and what is actual market value?

I believe the Scuderia is somewhere in the 290K range, according to one of the member, and dealerships are asking 160K to 200K above msrp.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
The MSRP is about $272ish with no options. Authorized U.S. Ferrari dealers are selling Scuds at MSRP.

Recently FNA sent a memo to the dealers mandating that the car be sold to the customer at MSRP, but in return the customer must sign a right of first refusal 12 months in duration and finance $50K of car, also for a minimum of 12 months.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
The MSRP is about $272ish with no options. Authorized U.S. Ferrari dealers are selling Scuds at MSRP.

Recently FNA sent a memo to the dealers mandating that the car be sold to the customer at MSRP, but in return the customer must sign a right of first refusal 12 months in duration and finance $50K of car, also for a minimum of 12 months.

So they're selling them at msrp with some catches. I guess that is better than nothing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Market price for scuderia?