Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

iForged Does A Fine Job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
iForged Does A Fine Job

Vincent Wong at iForged has gone beyond the country mile for me! He has kept in constant contact with me since ordering, addressed a ton of questions and changes, and never once showed any displeasure for me addressing the issues to him.

He worked to get me the exact offset I wanted so the wheels will sit properly now w/o the need for spacers.

My new 19" TE-14 Track Edition series one piece wheels arived from iForged today. They are incredible, beautiful, substantial, and the workmanship is unreal. 8.5 X 19 fronts and 12 X 19 rears.

They are all brushed and clearcoated. Tomorrow they go to Wheel Rite in Walnut Creek to be turned removing the clearcoat on the lips and thereby having the lips polished.

TVincent did an incredible job on the center caps, and they fit and look fantastic.

I have attached a few photos as they came in. The lip has a plastic shipping wrap on it that I have not yet removed. Photos are not the best, but after they are mounted I'll post more photos.

If you are in the market for new rims contact Vincent. You will be glad you did. www.iforged.com

I will post pictures after I mount the wheels.

Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Looks great!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
The honeymoon is over with iForged which is a big surprise.

The support from them was superb but upon closer inspection of the product the results were not good.

I had not seen the wheels in the sunlight when I posted my excitement upon my receipt of them, but Friday I brought them to Rite Way Wheel in Walnut Creek to have them turned and the lips polished.

Rite Way noticed the machining was poorly done, there were considerable machining marks on the wheels, and the wheels had not been properly cleaned ptior to clearcoating because there were dark spots on the spokes near the rim which were a very noticeable contrast to the rest of the wheel!

Rite Way said the clearcoat would have to be chemically removed, the wheel completely repolished and machined to clear the marks, and thenagain clearcoated before lip polishing. It would be about $300+/rimplus the cost of polishing the lip at $100.00/rim! Yikes.

I then immediately called Vincent at iForged and he did return my call w/in a 1/2 hour. He defended the discoloration as being a variance of the hand polishing but I did not buy that.

So he gentlemanly agreed to take the wheels back, and he e-mailed me the UPS labels to do so. They immediately went to UPS.

I told him that if he could correct the wheels to what they should be I would reconsider them.

I have, as of today, not had any response from him but he most likey will not respond until Monday.

I am not reporting this in derogation of iForged, because Vincent is so accommodating and responsive. I am merely reporting what has actually happened.

I saw today a one piece forged HRE that had none of the machining marks or discoloration. I have to believe that they were not paying close attention to these rims!

I am surprised, because I have read many good comments about iForged quality.

Comments from iForged owners?

Old 08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
My 3-piece wheels were finished nicely and because I had read some pretty negative reports on their quality I was concerned. My installer spun them before mounting at my request and he said they were absolutely true.

So far so good for me. I hope your situation is handled to your satisfaction!

Old 08-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by lig
My 3-piece wheels were finished nicely---
Thanks for your info.

My issue was the finish and not the balance. They are the 1 piece forged TE-14's.

I think, too, that because this was a new run for iForged for the 360/430 Ferrari's of the TE-14 series, and I do not think they have it refined properly.

They are good looking and very sturdy wheels. I like them.

The finish was very poor and unacceptable.

I have seen $400 wheels from China finished better. It surprises me.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
I've got a set of Iforged Senekas on my E46 M3...absolutely love them. They are a very great looking wheel and I get a lot of looks and compliments from people.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
I've got a set of Iforged Senekas---and I get a lot of looks and compliments from people.
There's the problem for me.

With the current condition of the wheels I had received I probably would not have received those compliments, and that's the disturbing part.

They are stunning wheels but need to be remachined to be cleaned up to look right.

I think Vincent meant well but might have been a bit hurried to get the wheels out to me. I am thinking it was an oversight on the part of iForged, and I am holding onto that view.

If he cannot or will not redo them, so be it.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:09 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Nice style

Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Hope all of this gets worked out for you.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Nice style
The style is what attracted me to them, and they are a very sturdy wheel as well.

I was quite pleased today to have received word from Vincent that he will examine the wheels when they arrive this Tuesday to see what he can do.

As I said the customer support and service from them has been exceptional and it continues to be. I cannot fault them on that.

I am confident this was just an oversight on their part and I am very hopeful the issues will be corrected.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I am posting an update to this saga, because I am so overwhelmed with the response and service from Vincent I felt that all should know.

Vincent called today and we discussed the wheel issue at length. He stated that the hand brushing would tend to make the surface reflect light in a different pattern which would to me cause the apparent discoloration.

Well whatever this is I cannot accept it as it made the wheel somewhat unpleasant for me to look at.

I have seen other 1 piece forged wheels that were brushed that did not have this discoloration. Vincent said they are not forged as his are. That could be and I do not challenge what he said.

I still could not accept the wheels as they are.

However, without any prompting Vincent offerd and did fully credit my credit card. Repeat, he fully credited my card!

I cannot believe how he went the country mile to help me, and he has offered an alternative to me with the same wheel but in a different finish fashion, and I am now investigating that possibility.

I am compelled to tell all who are considering a wheel purchase to contact iForged. I doubt you could find fault to any degree.

Vincent, I thank you profusely.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:02 AM
vtc4198 is infamous around these parts
Nice to see people running their business like this!

I think this is a sign to get rid of that 360 thing

Get a 430 with ball polished wheels and be done with it

Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by vtc4198
---
I think this is a sign to get rid of that 360 thing
Yea sure so you can buy it!

What's up with you?

Why the Porsche avitar when you have a Smart car?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I have a set of IForged on my ride and it has been nothing but superb. Some people has had problems with them without the same end result that you have had but nonetheless, I feel that their rims are actually quite good in quality.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
vtc4198 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Yea sure so you can buy it!

What's up with you?

Why the Porsche avitar when you have a Smart car?

Cause i'm not Smart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: iForged Does A Fine Job