Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

30 Million Dollar Ferrari 250 GTO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
barrykincaid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jtecnik
wow cant believe the price
Yup...insane. I heard that a couple of the 36 GTO owners bought theirs for less than $30,000 USD. Talk about a return on investment.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FerrariPlayboy
I believe it. There is a seriously strong classic Ferrari market. My friend just sold his Daytona Spyder to a middle eastern family in Saudia Arabia for $550k. He paid $250k for it five years ago. Not a bad investment!
If he sold it for $550, it was either a chopped coupe (spyder conversion) or he left waaay too much on the table...

Barrykincaid - There are a few GTO owners that paid a fraction of that

Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by me&you
If he sold it for $550, it was either a chopped coupe (spyder conversion) or he left waaay too much on the table...

Barrykincaid - There are a few GTO owners that paid a fraction of that
Agreed on both points. A nice Daytona Spyder was bid to $1,500,000 at the Russo & Steele Monterey auction - it did not sell at that level. Prob should have, but nonetheless I hope your friend didn't sell an original for $550k.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:18 PM
FerrariPlayboy is infamous around these parts
Ferrari collectors will pay $15-20M for these type of collector cars

Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
wow... thats unbelievable

Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Яocky
It's too much money for only one car.

Gregorio Perez Companc bought three Ferrari classics in 20M dollars.

340 MM Touring Spyder
07/may/20 - Gregorio Pérez Companc, ARG07/jun/2460 anni Ferrari, Concours d'EleganceGregorio Pérez Companc

340 MM Berlinetta Low-nosed Pinin Farina
07/may/20 - Gregorio Pérez Companc, ARG07/jun/242nd IC60 anni Ferrari, Concours d'Elegance, class 11Louis Pérez Companc

330 TRI/LM
07/may/20 - Gregorio Pérez Companc, ARG07/jun/21-2460 anni Ferrari, Concours d'EleganceGregorio Pérez Companc

These cars?

They are awesome classic cars. If I have only the money then not to buy those cars..

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I just can't imagine what an F40/F50/Scuderia will go for 40 years from now. Ferraris are a man's best retirement investment!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I just can't imagine what an F40/F50/Scuderia will go for 40 years from now. Ferraris are a man's best retirement investment!!!
I wouldn't base my retirement on a stable of Ferraris... you've got to factor in inflation and then they don't look so spectacular...

Sure a lot more fun than stocks though! As I read on another forum recently - "You can't take your wife out for dinner in a stock"

Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Hard to know. One of the reasons why the classic Ferraris have done so well is that they had successful racing careers, are beautiful, and are so scarce. When you get into the modern production runs, the cars really don't have the same racing successes (None, really for any of the cars you mentioned, although the F40 LMs had a couple of indifferent results) and were produced in such relatively large numbers that their scarcity really isn't an issue. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I won't comment on that.

Anyway, it remains to be seen what comes of Ferrari prices. We've now blown through the records set in the late '80s for the high-end cars, but some haven't come back to that level (512BB's, the last of the truly hand-built GTs, for example still trade at less than their late '80s high water mark). So, it's not a slam dunk that just buying any Ferrari will make you a killing. Friends of mine have also sold off cars over the years to fund other projects (250 GTO, 250GT SWB, 250LM, 512S, etc.). In retrospect, they probably should have kept them, but sometimes taking some money off the table is useful and timely.

CW

Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 PM
MiamiVice2 is infamous around these parts
I believe it I paid over a ton for my 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder but it is increasing in value every day!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by MiamiVice
I believe it I paid over a ton for my 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder but it is increasing in value every day!

Nope. You've missed that boat, going no where but down now.
But really, that shouldn't matter. There's too much emphasis put on the value of these cars, especially the F-cars. Enjoy it and take comfort in owning (and, I hope, driving) a stunning automobile

Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by me&you
Nope. You've missed that boat, going no where but down now.
I'm afraid I agree. This $30 million or $28 million GTO sale is the top of the market, similar to when one sold for $13 million in the '80s bubble.

The Ferrari market is getting crushed and buyers of dodgy or story cars are feeling the wrath of no buyer at any sane level. Good cars with good provenance will continue to trade at respectable levels, but I would hate to own a suspect vintage car in this market, especially if I needed to sell it.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Wow just wow. I can respect the 250 and what it is but for 30 million dollars I wouldnt be a buyer. Im into cars that you can actually drive. You could have numerous other Ferrari race cars with heritage and some street cars for 30 million. Just think 5 FXX's, 5 333 SP, and so on. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:21 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by revracer
Wow just wow. I can respect the 250 and what it is but for 30 million dollars I wouldnt be a buyer. Im into cars that you can actually drive. You could have numerous other Ferrari race cars with heritage and some street cars for 30 million. Just think 5 FXX's, 5 333 SP, and so on. I guess different strokes for different folks.
Thing is if he spent 30 million on the GTO, he probably has an FXX, 333SP, and many other incredible cars. If he does not have them, I am sure he can get them if he wanted. When you are paying 30 million dollars for a car, that 30 million dollars is not going to keep you from buying everything else you want. I am sure whoever the mystery guy is has a stable that is absolutely jaw dropping.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 PM
wt888 is infamous around these parts
Here is a video with about $300 million worth of 250 GTOs.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/sh...04&postcount=2

and then click on the link in the post.