Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

E bay nightmare for my 360 Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:26 PM
acropora997TT is infamous around these parts
E bay nightmare for my 360 Ferrari

FWIW: I was selling my 03 Ferrari 360 spider on E bay. Some A** H*** hacked into my E bay account and was able to lower the selling price. He added his e mail contact to the auction. He was also able to block e mail notifications to my email address so I could not see the changes made to the listing. Luckily I was able to contact E bay and put a stop to it. I had several bids and several messages as well. I called those who left their contact number and notified them of the bogus add. The hacker was also attempting to sell other cars using my ID name.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Wow... thats nuts. Its so hard to trust any site these days, I'm glad you were able to catch it before it turned into a legal matter. Sorry to hear about this.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Thank you.
What was troubling is that the hacker was able to block all my incoming e mails by forwarding my e mail address to another location. I am on my computer daily, so I noticed the lack of E mails and spam. I called my service provider and they confirmed and removed the forwarder for the E mail . Cancelled credit cards and changed my user ID on E bay.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:54 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
i dont know why anyone lists their car on ebay. with the fees you waste so much money not to mention all the fraud BS. just spent $100 on a "run to it sells" autotrader add

Old 11-25-2008, 01:47 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Thats sucks bro. I'm not an ebay fan and I sure wouldn't sell a car of that stature on there.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:24 AM
HRD SEL is infamous around these parts
What a mess, sorry to hear. In the end, it could've been a lot worse.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:37 AM
blaze is infamous around these parts
Ebay does absolutely nothing to protect sellers anymore.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:29 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
I'm glad you were able to catch this scam in time to reverse the damage!

As far as Ebay goes, I personally am slightly biased against cars listed there. It may be an unfounded bias in some cases, but for some reason, I read in to the car and owner who listed the car in Ebay. I think the goods are somewhat "cheapened". Kind of like buying high end wheels at Costco.

I always sell my cars on autotrader.

Good luck with the future sale of your car.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I have purchased a car previously as a result of an E bay ad. A Ferrari is not something that one should send money for online. However E bay ads are a good way for some to find a car that may be local enough for them to drive to and see first hand. That is what I had did .Then later made the purchase directly from the owner. Basically you get your car out to many potential buyers, albeit leaving yourself open to potential scammers. Lesson learned for me. The car is on Auto trader now.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
glad you caught it in time.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:11 AM
RT8_M3 is infamous around these partsRT8_M3 is infamous around these parts
WTF...****ing scammers...

Old 11-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Thanks for the heads-up as I've got my Turbo on their right now. I've been contacted by potential bidders and check the ad every day. When this auction ends in a few days then I'll go with autotrader. eBay is mostly bottom-feeders, but if you don't mind sifting through, some business still can get done. Good luck!

Old 11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
I hope I don't have this issue with my 360 ...

Old 11-28-2008, 08:14 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
for all the ebay haters that have chimed in, the OP's problem had nothing to do with ebay itself. his ISP account was hacked and either he used the same password for ebay or stealing email allowed the hacker to reset the ebay password. most likely this was a simple case of poor password selection.

a hacker that broke into his ISP account could just as easily change his autotrader ad as his ebay ads.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HRD SEL
In the end, it could've been a lot worse.
I agree.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E bay nightmare for my 360 Ferrari