Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari F430 deposit.......who, what & where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Ferrari F430 deposit.......who, what & where?

I need some advice. The local Ferrari dealer wouldnt take my Plastic Surgeon or my deposit on a 360 several years ago and still wont take any deposit.

I gave up but my friend is furious and wants a 360 Spider and neither he nor I are "carflippers".

For Chrissake...........getting on the list and/or any order list is harder than perhaps "getting a ride on the next Spaceshuttle...............collecting $25,000,000 for discovering Osama BinLaden driving a New York City cab, or seducing & sleeping with all the girls in the Victorias Secret catalogue".

It appears through conversations that the only way to get a car is to 1) currently be a Ferrari owner with a current tradeable car so the dealer gets your trade 2) Know the owner personally
3) Beg that they take a $25,000+ deposit and wait patiently & obediently. 4) Go out and buy a used Ferrari 5) call other dealers around the USA and order a car.

I advised my buddy that since the F430 specifications/phots have been released and the car is superhot and will come out.........the market for 360Spiders should soften BUT the new market for the F430 should still be crazy.

What is the situation like in your areas? Are there some dealers in the midwest, southeast, northwest selling cars? Thanks in advance!

Have a great weekend.
Joe

Old 10-08-2004, 10:32 PM
tdf360 is infamous around these parts
I walked in to Ferrari of San Francisco about a year ago eager to buy a Modena which would be my first Ferrari. The sales people were a true pleasure to deal with, accepted my deposit check ($10k, I believe), and I am driving the Modena right now. Maybe the fact they are factory-owned has something to do with it, I don't know.

Gary

Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Joe your friend needs to establish a business relationship with a dealer. Have him buy a used Spider from the dealer and become a "client". No doubt he will pay a premium for the Spider but at the same time establish the contact he needs for future Ferrari's.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Joe,

Give me a call, I have a relationship with a large dealer that might fit for you. May pull some favors of my own for a 430

Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by nberry
Joe your friend needs to establish a business relationship with a dealer. Have him buy a used Spider from the dealer and become a "client". No doubt he will pay a premium for the Spider but at the same time establish the contact he needs for future Ferrari's.
Exactly.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by nberry
i just did LOL! ready to play...

Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thanks for the advice. Its tough "medicine" to take as the local dealer still wants $225,000 for 2001-2002 used 360 Spiders.

My plastic surgeon buddy dropped $25,000 and had to order 2 cars. He had to take a COUPE to get his convertible and has to trade the Coupe "back in" for the Spider. He is pissed but has suckked it up..............but deep down feels he might just "keep getting" kicked back on the "waiting list" as others get cars.

I guess one has to buy from a private 360 Spider owner. I betcha the dealer is not giving him $200K for his trade and then marking it to $225K. My highline sources tell me dealers offer $165,000 and thats all.............means $175-$185 for the right car is a reasonable offer.

Will get a Spider at some point.

Thanks for the advice

Old 10-27-2004, 01:41 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I called my local dealership today and they told me 10k deposit and a THREE YEAR WAIT!!! I thanked him and hung up.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned
MoneyBiz is infamous around these parts
Re: Ferrari F430 deposit.......who, what & where?

Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
I need some advice. The local Ferrari dealer wouldnt take my Plastic Surgeon or my deposit on a 360 several years ago and still wont take any deposit.

I gave up but my friend is furious and wants a 360 Spider and neither he nor I are "carflippers".

For Chrissake...........getting on the list and/or any order list is harder than perhaps "getting a ride on the next Spaceshuttle...............collecting $25,000,000 for discovering Osama BinLaden driving a New York City cab, or seducing & sleeping with all the girls in the Victorias Secret catalogue".

It appears through conversations that the only way to get a car is to 1) currently be a Ferrari owner with a current tradeable car so the dealer gets your trade 2) Know the owner personally
3) Beg that they take a $25,000+ deposit and wait patiently & obediently. 4) Go out and buy a used Ferrari 5) call other dealers around the USA and order a car.

I advised my buddy that since the F430 specifications/phots have been released and the car is superhot and will come out.........the market for 360Spiders should soften BUT the new market for the F430 should still be crazy.

What is the situation like in your areas? Are there some dealers in the midwest, southeast, northwest selling cars? Thanks in advance!

Have a great weekend.
Joe
You can try Paul Porrier at Wide World of Cars. His # is 845-425-2600 x226.

Last edited by MoneyBiz; 11-13-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:26 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy
I called my local dealership today and they told me 10k deposit and a THREE YEAR WAIT!!! I thanked him and hung up.
I wonder if it's really a 3 year wait?

I was told there would be 2 year wait for the 996TT back in 2000...I got a call 6 months later to pick one up. Grant it, it was for a 996TT (over produced) and not a Ferrari...but Im just curious if what they say (in terms of waiting time) holds true.

Old 12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Call Demetrio or Gianni at Ferrari of Long Island
Tell them Ron from Forest Hill Exxon sent you
I have purchased a Testarossa and a 512TR in the past from them, they are great guys