Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

1984 Ferrari 308 GTB QV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up 1984 Ferrari 308 GTB QV

Dear fellow car enthusiasts,

Wondered if I could get some information on a Ferrari 308 GTB QVs made in 1984. I have an airplane for sale on Ebay and I got a trade proposition from a gentleman who owns one of the 14 GTB QVs in existance in the US of A. The part that freightens me is the mileage: 91k. Not sure if that would be normal for any kind of Ferrari and also wondered how would affect my resale as I am not interested in keeping it.

According to him:

"The Ferrari is a GTB which means its a hard top, red exterior, tan interior, all new center consol switches,seats are perfect, beautiful interior. Engine plenum, cam covers, belt covers,etc. were removed during major service, media blasted to clean aluminum and cleared, so the only red on the engine is the "ferrari" logos on the plenum and the cam covers. Looks great! a subtle personalization,and so clean you could eat off it. Clutch is very good as is the exhaust system. Sets in a heated garage with checkered board floor. "art in the garage" Not that much into driving it as much as having a cup of coffee in the morning and seeing it in the garage."

Any input with regards to the vehicle is welcomed

Sonic

Last edited by SonicKrack; 08-15-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:38 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
So, would I have a hard time selling this GTB for $30k or not? What say you?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
MCars is infamous around these parts
Forza Motorsports sold a 76 308GTB Fiberglass body car for 45k w/39k on the odo....
Supposedly there were 748 308 GTB QV made from 1982 to 1985...not exactly a rare car like the 308 GTB"i" made from 1980 to 82...and the mileage is scary...IMHO.
I would take a pass....just my opinion.
Good Luck

Old 08-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks, and everyone's opinion counts. Appreciate your time MCars.