Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

How to increase the ground clearance for 2008 F430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 AM
Jawad is infamous around these parts
Question How to increase the ground clearance for 2008 F430

I am planning on buying a new 2008 F430 - my only issue is the ground clearance, I have checked the kw hydraulic lif systems website , they do not support ferraris. Any advice on what to do , and I also want some suggestion for some nice upgrades for the car, not very expensive though and easy installed.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I don't have a Ferrari, but I spend time at Ferrarichat.com. Check over there, they may have a solution to the ground clearance problem. I don't think you can use "not very expensive" and "Ferrari" in the same sentence. Plan to pay dearly. Good luck though.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Envy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Onetime
I don't have a Ferrari, but I spend time at Ferrarichat.com. Check over there, they may have a solution to the ground clearance problem. I don't think you can use "not very expensive" and "Ferrari" in the same sentence. Plan to pay dearly. Good luck though.
This lots of this

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
brokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud ofbrokentrackbar has much to be proud of
Used Tubi Exhaust for sale on F-Chat

A private party is selling a brand new Tubi Exhaust on F-Chat for $4500. Not a bad price. I believe the seller is in Houston. Buy the Tubi, reflash the ECU, get the Moton set-up, and the car will be transformed.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jawad
I am planning on buying a new 2008 F430 - my only issue is the ground clearance, I have checked the kw hydraulic lif systems website , they do not support ferraris. Any advice on what to do , and I also want some suggestion for some nice upgrades for the car, not very expensive though and easy installed.
Are you sure??
I would call KW to verify this is true. I am almost certain that I have seen the KW Hydraulic Lift System available for F430. Also, try Novitec (their suspension is made by KW)

Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
INcrease the ground clearance!??!?

are you going off roading it or something?

look at one in person, that thing sits as high as a Toyota. Theres nothing low to the ground about it. Its bumper is about as high off the ground as my truck.

Hard to take a car like that seriously in my opinion

Last edited by Auctung; 08-26-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jawad

Wait for a few more months, prices will drop dramatically.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
KW makes a kit but it is exclusively available through Novitec Rosso

Another solution is skid plates

Let us know if you have any questions

Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Davinci is infamous around these parts
Please find the products on attached URL. Unfortunately only Japanese explanation is available. But you can inquire in English. The company has experiences to export this products to abroad. roberuta.com/about/index.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-21-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: embedded link
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
If anything the 430's are already too high!

Why would you want to raise it?

If you are intent upon giving that car the 4X4 appearance, the coilovers are threaded and the spring support rings can be turned up to raise the vehicle.

I have a whole document on that to which you are welcome if you give me an e-mail address.

It deals primarily with lowering but raising is simply the reverse.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gcalo
If anything the 430's are already too high!

Why would you want to raise it?

If you are intent upon giving that car the 4X4 appearance, the coilovers are threaded and the spring support rings can be turned up to raise the vehicle.

I have a whole document on that to which you are welcome if you give me an e-mail address.

It deals primarily with lowering but raising is simply the reverse.

totally agree the US ride height is way out of line. unless you have an extremely steep driveway why would you do this..

Lower the car and Move houses if the driveway is an issue.

Don't put a Tubi aftermarket on it. I don't know where that post came from but the 430's sound as good as they can with no aftermarket

Old 09-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Move houses is a great statement. I love it.

Almost considered the same myself until I replaced my front springs with a bit higher pressure. Changed the whole F/E characteristics and it does not bottom as much.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Genesismotoring is infamous around these parts
Roberuta makes a very high quality lift system for the front/rear of a lot of exotic and high end vehicles. Check out the gallery section of their website. Pretty cool stuff!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-21-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Jawad is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTGuy
Wait for a few more months, prices will drop dramatically.

I am offered the 2008 f430 spider for 180,000$, options include - scuderia shields, sparking sensors, cd, red caliper brakes, and carbon brakes

what do u think

Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Thats a deal!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to increase the ground clearance for 2008 F430