Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Four door Ferrari.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Four door Ferrari.

Should Ferrari consider a four door. Looks like this is the direction of other exotics. Ferrari needs to show Porsche that a four door can perform and be beautiful as well. Is it time? They tend to not recognize the Maserati QP existence. The Panamera is down right ugly. Ive stated this in the Panamera thread comparing it to an AMC Marlin. They don't like me over there. Looks like I'll be band from the PCA meets.

Attached Images   

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-25-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i predict the so call 4 door craze will be over in another 10 years. ferrari is better off focusing on improving reliability of its products rather than trying to catch up for a segment that wont' exist in the long run.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
I believe the segment will still exist if done right. High end 4 doors can be very nice. Although i would never purchase a Panamera, Maserati QP wins hands down even if it's slower.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Sure hope not. And I agree, the Panamera is ugly.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
I completely concur. I have stated on the Porsche thread that since VW has control I feel they will drop the Panamera after a 5 year run. It should be commended that Ferrari has alway been true to who they are. A manufacturer of sports and GT cars since day one.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I assume that Panamera is short for PANAMERAcanmotorsMarlin.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
missmelva is infamous around these parts
4 doors Ferrari????... Fenamera?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
The Aston Martin Rapide is another example of a 4 door exotic coupe that has been executed amazingly, and looks very appealing to the eye compared to the frog look of the panamera

Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I used to think the Panamera was ugly based on photographs, but this weekend I had the opportunity to check a few of them out in person, as well as on the track.

I have to admit, they are beautiful in person! There was a white S there that was just awesome. They did very well on the track too.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I stated in the Pamamera thread that between the two the Aston is [aesthically] far superior. One Porsche Guy said that the Rapide is nothing more but a stretched DB9. Like thats a bad thing. Lets say the Panamera looks better in person than it does in photos. Bottom line: These are Country Club cars. Not a DBS or GT3RS. Everyone is talking performance. How it goes around a track. Really? Thats not it at all. Its all about arrival. Park the Rapide next to it and you won't even see that the Panamera is there. [well not in a good way] Am I wrong?

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-26-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I love porsches, and many of their vechicles do many things right. I'm sure the Panamera drives amazingly but it just fails in it's appearance unfortunately. I'd rather rock a S63/65 AMG or a 750/60i. Not to hate on it but like vanquish said ^^^ it's all about the arrival.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Ibn Rushd is infamous around these parts
There'll be an even bigger uproar if Ferrari brought out a four dour coupe/sedan, than there was with Porsche and the Cayenne I think....

Lamborghini's Estoque had a similar effect, but I do agree that if done properly I think it could do well. Personally the Estoque to me looks better than the Panamera and Rapide, so it'd be cool to see a four dour 599GTB I suppose. But there will be those that say it "waters down" and blah blah blah.

The way I see it though, if they don't bring down the power levels and sell it one model without variants (or instead V10 and V12...as long as it doesn't go down to a V6 for mass production) it'd be okay.

Although it'd make less money, if the Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S were the only two that existed, there'd be less hatred towards it, because despite being an SUV it still had amazing performance.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I agree, No V6 or watered down models. Stick to big expensive and just simply badass

Old 10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
If the Italians do it it should be with passion and not with market planning as per Porsches Cayenne or Panamera. The Italians do this so well. It needs to be what Lambo did as a four seater: The Espada. In your face. A 4 door with absolutely minimal practicality that knocks everyones sox's off. If its about performance that is really used for one upmanship...give it a 200+ V12 or more. Put it so far out nobody tries to compete.

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-26-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
Should Ferrari consider a four door. Looks like this is the direction of other exotics. Ferrari needs to show Porsche that a four door can perform and be beautiful as well. Is it time? They tend to not recognize the Maserati QP existence. The Panamera is down right ugly. Ive stated this in the Panamera thread comparing it to an AMC Marlin. They don't like me over there. Looks like I'll be band from the PCA meets.
*Banned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Four door Ferrari.