Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

$290k Speeding ticket!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
htran16 is infamous around these parts
WOW!!! what a crazy law...

Old 01-08-2010, 04:45 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
So theoretically if you're worth $0, you can speed all day and rack up .012* $0 in fines?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
What percentage of Americans net worth is actually negative?

Would that mean under that law you would get money back for a speeding ticket?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
If you where considered low income and this law was in place Obama would would most likely have a program to subsidize payment while reaching deeper into your pocket...

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
What percentage of Americans net worth is actually negative?

Would that mean under that law you would get money back for a speeding ticket?

Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I love all this comments about Obama ! LOL

Old 01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
How is that hope and change working out??

Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Obama is a political HORROR! lol I hope we never have that kind of speeding tickets here.

Of course we are on route to that kind of penalties
Hate liberals.... LOL

Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
In retrospect my eighteen yr old got his first ticket ever for running a red light--$487.00. Full time student, great grades, no job and myself paying for his insurance. I think in his case a graduated payscale would be welcomed

Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by luva966tt
In retrospect my eighteen yr old got his first ticket ever for running a red light--$487.00. Full time student, great grades, no job and myself paying for his insurance. I think in his case a graduated payscale would be welcomed
i think running a red light should be more $$$$. i understand your thought but if he would have hit a car full of people because he wasn't paying attention to the 3500lb vehicle he was driving the $487 bucks would be the least of your guys worries right now.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
That's alot of money but it seems like the punishments weren't effective considering he was a "repeat" offender. Everything is relative to your own personal circumstance. I can tell you if I had a net worth of 21m and speeding fines were less than 1k I wouldn't be nearly as cautious. There are tracks and closed courses for "spirited" driving. The punishment I'm guessing will probably in this instance be effective but I'm wondering where that money will go.

If the government enforced a sliding scale penalty it'd be nice if they put that income against the national debt.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt
That's alot of money but it seems like the punishments weren't effective considering he was a "repeat" offender. Everything is relative to your own personal circumstance. I can tell you if I had a net worth of 21m and speeding fines were less than 1k I wouldn't be nearly as cautious. There are tracks and closed courses for "spirited" driving. The punishment I'm guessing will probably in this instance be effective but I'm wondering where that money will go.

If the government enforced a sliding scale penalty it'd be nice if they put that income against the national debt.
while i agree with you would it be fair for somebody worth nothing to do the same speed as a repeat offender and have to pay $5 bucks? it does sound like this guy has pissed off the local authorities enough to warrant such a charge.
This definately penalizes the guys that feel they are well above the law

Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM
lbmtb has a spectacular aura aboutlbmtb has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
while i agree with you would it be fair for somebody worth nothing to do the same speed as a repeat offender and have to pay $5 bucks? it does sound like this guy has pissed off the local authorities enough to warrant such a charge.
This definately penalizes the guys that feel they are well above the law
Maybe have a minimum fine and suspend the license if they can't pay. Perhaps a maximum too. The objective, of course, is always to have a reasonable fine in place that will make people think twice about putting other people's lives in danger regardless of their net worth.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by lbmtb
maybe have a minimum fine and suspend the license if they can't pay. Perhaps a maximum too. The objective, of course, is always to have a reasonable fine in place that will make people think twice about putting other people's lives in danger regardless of their net worth.
totally agree

Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lbmtb
Maybe have a minimum fine and suspend the license if they can't pay. Perhaps a maximum too. The objective, of course, is always to have a reasonable fine in place that will make people think twice about putting other people's lives in danger regardless of their net worth.
A person's net worth ultimately determines how reasonable or effective the fine is.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
I don't think that last statement is true. It is equally effective to all. Thus why they do it. 1.2% of someone who is worth 100k is a ton of money in their relative terms.

$290 to me, is a lot (I hate being a damn student) but $290 to someone with 22mill in the bank, is dick all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $290k Speeding ticket!