Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

need to share an experience with ferrari/lambo/porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
need to share an experience with ferrari/lambo/porsche

service shop:

Well I have gathered my thoughts, tried for almost three days to rein in my emotions as well as spoken to both of the other two shops which are authorized to do tech inspections for FOC (on my 1 1/2 month old Carrera GT). Both said it is a rigorous VISUAL inspection which results in ZERO driving of the car - as I expected! They were both floored to learn this shop justified abusing a customer and his/her car as some sort of responsibility required by the tech inspection. Absurdly enough, he still thinks he did nothing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some notable quotes from Steve Maxwell, the owner of Exotic Car Care ("car care" being a bit ironic in this case) who was the offender. It is immediately ajacent to M.O.M. Mind over Motorsport:

"did you know your exhaust glows when it is hot?" (never seen that myself nor has anyone behind me in several spirited mountain drives commented on this).

"the traction control on this car in first (gear) is useless" (fwiw, you have to give it a LOT of throttle to make the traction control useless in first gear and this suggests he was enjoying my tires he didn't have to buy himself).

he stated, "the car has some wander during high speed cornering". to which i said i'd had it at some fairly high speeds in corners without experiencing any wander. he then looked over at the guy who does detailing for the shop who was apparently a passenger in the joy ride and said "what did we hit in that one corner? about 150?" to which the detailer responded "yes, 150". he then went onto say proudly "it was 16 mph more in that corner than any other car i've taken through there."

in addition to the detailer, a director of the FOC was there and likely heard a great deal if not all of this conversation.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:43 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
I can't even imagine how angry you must be. And to take a passanger...WTF. Are they insured for that? If there is no stipulation that there was to be a drive, does that constitute 'grand theft?'

Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Re: need to share an experience with ferrari/lambo/porsche

Originally posted by ben, lj
"did you know your exhaust glows when it is hot?" (never seen that myself nor has anyone behind me in several spirited mountain drives commented on this).
I know the son of a CGT owner and he told me that the exhaust was glowing one time after a fast drive

Old 01-25-2005, 09:38 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by FineProperty
I can't even imagine how angry you must be. And to take a passanger...WTF. Are they insured for that? If there is no stipulation that there was to be a drive, does that constitute 'grand theft?'
they claimed afterwards to have $3 mil in coverage which i highly doubts criminal activity such as doing triple the speed limit on public roads in a customer car which they are not authorized to even drive. grand theft would require an intent to take the car. he only intended to joy ride it which is the lesser felony of unauthorized use.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
My first response to most situations is always physical violence (personal issue) and this would have been a MAJOR problem. What were these idiots thinking. I would have checked the chin spoiler and if I found one nick I would have been pounding their faces into the dirt...

Old 01-26-2005, 07:46 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ken
My first response to most situations is always physical violence (personal issue) and this would have been a MAJOR problem. What were these idiots thinking. I would have checked the chin spoiler and if I found one nick I would have been pounding their faces into the dirt...

Old 01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
mpwrmodena is infamous around these parts
Im with ken on this one. I dropped my e46 m3 off to get a inspection done at the local gas station. In the mean time I went to the doctors and on the way home I see a black m3 racing towards me. He passed me and drifted the turn to the on ramp to the LIE. I Called The gas station and told them what I saw and they denied it. They freaked out when I told them I was reporting my car stolen and god help who ever is driving it.
-Dan

Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts

Old 02-27-2005, 12:39 AM
stephsguy is infamous around these parts
I left My car at the dealer to have the rear wheels replaced. only to return with miles put on the car. I was told it was their policy to drive every car! no matter what. However when they installed all four of the wheels. The car was not driven at all because I was there. I contacted Porsche NA. I also had an 05 Boxster on order with them for my wife that I canceled right then.