Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Battery Tender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Battery Tender

IF i drive my f430 once every 2 weeks, do i still need to hook up the tender? If so, i'm just concerned my house will burn down

Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have been using them since they came on the market and are very safe.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
yes you need one. put it on a ctek 7200 and your house won't burn down.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I have the oem one that came with the car. Where and how do I hook it up? thank you!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Well, one came with my 430 and I plug it in every time the car will sit more than 3-4 days. One also came with the Aston I had before that and I used it the same way.

You may not need to use it if the car sits for a week or ten days at a time (that is the longest I'd dare leave it, though) but I am certain the battery will last longer if you use a good battery tender and never let it slowly trickle down as it does when left for a while.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Do you mind sharing where and how to plug the oem tender? There isn't an instruction manual with the kit. thanks

Originally Posted by Lee Willis
Well, one came with my 430 and I plug it in every time the car will sit more than 3-4 days. One also came with the Aston I had before that and I used it the same way.

You may not need to use it if the car sits for a week or ten days at a time (that is the longest I'd dare leave it, though) but I am certain the battery will last longer if you use a good battery tender and never let it slowly trickle down as it does when left for a while.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
you can google it and im certain you'll find it. im also fairly sure your owners manual has the info on the eom charger connection in appendix; mine does. or you can post in the 430 section of ferrarichat and im sure someone will post pics. the oem cs charger plugs inside the front lugage compartment.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
On the F430, look in the passenger footwell under the right side where the glovebox is next to the glovebox pull (the red string that opens the box). You plug the tender right up in there.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Thank you KFC

Originally Posted by seattle_s4
On the F430, look in the passenger footwell under the right side where the glovebox is next to the glovebox pull (the red string that opens the box). You plug the tender right up in there.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:28 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
OEM works great...