Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Aftermarket Exhaust - 2002 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket Exhaust - 2002 360

I've spent more time on youtube listening to aftermarket exhausts than driving my 360 since I purchased in ~3 weeks ago (Pgh weather).

The Capristo L3 is the sound for me, though I'm not too picky. Plz feel free to comment whether you have kept yours stock -- I just can't fathom running the stock exhaust as it's way too quiet for my liking.

Plz also see my WTB post here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-exhaust.html

Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 AM
thebabydoc is infamous around these parts
I like my Capristo L2 fine

Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm new to Ferrari and am surprised getting a used aftermarket exhaust is so tough. Perhaps Ferrari folks are generally content with what they have - I'd think they'd want some variety and perhaps change up the exhaust here and there.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:40 PM
echo220 is infamous around these parts
I would suggest install a set of sport cats from Fabspeed or someone else for the performance and then just unplug the bypass valve tubing for the sound. You would be surprised how good it sound. The high flow sport cats will also help add to that Ferrari exhaust note. Congrats on you new ride and enjoy.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM
^^^^^soooo nice, but sooo much $.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
thebabydoc is infamous around these parts
I tell you, just when I think of selling, I leave the car with a valet (like last night) and hear them start it up and drive it out...nothing short of a race car sounds the same.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Ummm.....vallet? Brave sir, very brave.

I'd probably hear the sound of grinding gears, redline shifts, and squealing brakes.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I've spent more time on youtube listening to aftermarket exhausts than driving my 360 since I purchased in ~3 weeks ago (Pgh weather).

The Capristo L3 is the sound for me, though I'm not too picky. Plz feel free to comment whether you have kept yours stock -- I just can't fathom running the stock exhaust as it's way too quiet for my liking.

Plz also see my WTB post here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-exhaust.html
We have a great product available and reasonably priced too!

http://www.rsctuning.com/product_inf.../products_id/1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEfxxXy4S-M

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Finally chose an exhaust!

Well...as I mentioned, I've spent more time on YouTube listening to aftermarket exhaust vids for my 2002 360 than actual seat time I've also spent a great deal of time reviewing vendor websites, talking to vendors, and talking to other forum members.

My primary goal for the new exhaust is to achieve a loud, aggressive sound -- something that would make people "jump" in the car next to me if I revved the engine (hyperbole of course)

On the other hand, my neighbors would burn down my house after just a few mornings of startup and driving away (even while trying to keep the RPMs as low as possible on a loud system).

So I knew a valve control unit was critical for me -- and I wanted one that I could easily control without having to either customize my own or manually open/close the valves.

I also knew that for me, dropping $5k or even $7K on a system was not going to happen. These systems are incredible and worth every penny, but I love sound, but not that much.

I also considered several used systems from Capristo, Tubi, etc., but for the prices to get into my range, the used systems were just too old and probably would have required repair after some miles on them.

So after weighing:
* sound quality
* price/sound quality ratio
* remote valve control
* warranty and post-sales support

...I chose the Agency Power Electronic Valve Control Exhaust from Vivid Racing.

Rob at Vivid was the most knowledgeable of the vendors I talked with, as his 360 has had at least 4 different aftermarket systems on it. Unfortunately the YouTube vids are limited on this system so I could not get a large sampling of how this sounds, but from the 2 vids I watched, and from Rob's description, I believe I've made the right choice.

I'm looking forward to getting the system on and will be sure to report back with my impressions.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Taylor, thanks for the business. Rob is a diehard fan of his 360. I will get some new videos that are more eye catching Maybe you can help too! For reference here are some of his videos - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...-p-114247.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfaS...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopbX...layer_embedded

Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 AM
DonJuan348 is infamous around these parts
I floated with putting this on mi car and talked to Rob a few times. He was always nice and helpful and the ONLY reason I didnt is the sound was not going to be much different than what I have according to everyone who heard mi car.

They all said dont change it...I and definitely get ECU tune and maybe Agency headers

Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by DonJuan348
I floated with putting this on mi car and talked to Rob a few times. He was always nice and helpful and the ONLY reason I didnt is the sound was not going to be much different than what I have according to everyone who heard mi car.

They all said dont change it...I and definitely get ECU tune and maybe Agency headers
What's your setup?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
DonJuan348 is infamous around these parts
Tubi with test pipes ... I was trying to load a soundclip but it failed.

how do you upload a sound clip

Old 01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah both of those will help out huge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust - 2002 360