Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Chris Harris: Ferrari Are Cheats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
SC David is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Does the 458 Italia weigh 3000 lbs or does it weigh 3200 lbs or is it 3400 lbs?
The straight line version, or the twisties version??

Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Class action law suit. Those are the kind of words that gets things done. It may help reduce the amount of fraud Ferrari perpetrates.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 AM
scuderiaguy is infamous around these parts
Living proof

I can attest to the story by one means only,I have and race my Scud. It is no where near as fast as claimed. It will make you think it's driving ability at first until realizing there must be a difference between what I bought and what is being tested. The car is a 12 second 1/4 mile car and a full second slower then a ZO6 around our race course. But,it is a Ferrari and that makes you a ROCK STAR driving the sum*****. The feeling of driving and owning one cannot be beat,the magazine test numbers on the other hand...hmmmm? I need some of that "sticky stuff" that made the car adhere to the rollers.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scuderiaguy
I can attest to the story by one means only,I have and race my Scud. It is no where near as fast as claimed. It will make you think it's driving ability at first until realizing there must be a difference between what I bought and what is being tested. The car is a 12 second 1/4 mile car and a full second slower then a ZO6 around our race course. But,it is a Ferrari and that makes you a ROCK STAR driving the sum*****. The feeling of driving and owning one cannot be beat,the magazine test numbers on the other hand...hmmmm? I need some of that "sticky stuff" that made the car adhere to the rollers.

Its a 12 second car???

Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM
scuderiaguy is infamous around these parts
1/4 mile

Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
SE7EN is infamous around these partsSE7EN is infamous around these parts
wow. would never expect this from ferarri!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scuderiaguy
1/4 mile
The reason I asked is because I was wondering if you ever ran it at the 1/4 mile track. The numbers I have seen for them in the 1/4 mile from magazines just don't vibe. I also am surprised that your Scud did not eat lunch with that Corvette at the track, not that it matters....a Scud is still a dream no matter how you slice it!

Old 02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
As a long-time, multiple Ferrari owner, this comes as no surprise. Nor should it. Frankly, I'm surprised this is even news to most car guys. Manufacturers have been bringing specials to tests for decades.

The only thing that remotely peeves me, however, is the extent to which Ferrari has become control freak-ish. When the Old Man was alive, his charm, charisma and general irascibility was endearing. Now that it's all corporate, it's just over-bearing.

And, frankly, Ferrari has gone over the top. For the past few years, I've been about as pissed off as can be with respect to Classiche. It's actually a good thing that SpA will manufacture you a part that's simply unavailable anywhere. However, the declaratory judgement they pass on customer's cars that they could not have cared less about after they left the factory gates is inexcusable. Just staggeringly arrogant. But, then again, it is Ferrari.

CW

Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Car manufacturers have been cheating since they could cheat when it comes to magazine tests. But most of them do not have such draconian rules such as a journalist not supposed to be allowed to test a private car.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Each test review happens under different circumstances and parameters, so disrepancies (10th of a second) in the results are natural.
And as far as the famous Ring Records posted by Nissan, GM, even those from Porsche are concerned, they all have to be taken with a grain of salt as they all were not really independently clocked.
But Harris is saying, that Ferrari takes this silly game to a whole new level, that they are heavily preparing their cars to make them look way faster than the production versions really are. And the level to which this all happens has obviously become ridicilous now. That`s the reason why Chris is fed up. i mean a 360 test car being 2 seconds faster to 60? 458s heavily prepared for track and other tuned 458s for straight line contests? Trying to stop people taking private 458s or other Ferraris for reviews?
That all sounds pretty paranoid and criminal. Again, propz to Chris and thumbs down for his gutless, spineless colleagues, which are supporting such disgraceful behaviour for years, just to book their next warm meal in Maranello.

P.S. On the other hand, if u look at the F1 last year, how Ferrari and Alonso were lying and trying to cheat their way to the F1 crown, it´s not a total surprise:

http://sports.in.msn.com/formulaone/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4197837

Old 02-19-2011, 03:35 PM
dwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nice
even if every manufacturer sent a cheater to the last car and driver comparison, the porsche still pounded them in a straight line.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:46 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Just to add my two bits of fuel to the fire....

I love ferraris and always will, but let's call a spade a spade...this is embarrassing. I've always had pretty good dealings with the sales people (despite some myths), but have never been blown away by their performance. Remember the TR? The 348? Wanted to get a 360 but I had more than a few owners tell me that it was a joke compared to my '08 Viper in terms of performance. A guy brought a black 458 to our meet yesterday...beautiful....gorgeous really...but the videos of it's real-world performance haven't impressed me. Let's just say there is a reason why Jay Leno, one of the biggest car fans of all time, doesn't own a single Ferrari.

I don't know, maybe my standards are too high. Maybe I've put Ferrari on a pedestal. They are beautiful cars to look at. They sound like nothing else. And they will always be one-half of the racing car/street car heritage. Maybe it's not so surprising that this company who competes in arguably the most competitive (or corrupt) motorsport (i.e. do WHATEVER it takes to win even if that means bending several rules...) takes that same philosophy to their road cars. They have to compete for the hearts and minds of car fans around the world and they aren't backing down or resting on their laurels. I respect that. If anything this is just a good reminder that the rules of moto journalism need some adjustment. I have no doubt that Ferrari will do what they have to do, but they will take every small advantage that they can get away with.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses.

Last edited by chrcowan; 02-20-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
nice read

Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 AM
rayman89 is infamous around these parts
atleast novitec rosso makes sense to me now, they had a twin supercharged system on the scuderia tested on EVO magazine, turns out the claimed perforemance figures were EXACTLY the same as the ones ferrari claim the standard car is capable of, exhaust note on those are amazing though

Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Maybe the factory should work with underground

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...58-italia.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris: Ferrari Are Cheats