Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

My First Ferrari delivered yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 PM
bigduffjr is infamous around these parts
I'm glad you're a scrap guy and not a, well, guy whose job requires critical reading skills (hope I didn't just out you). I said 'when i turn her back over to you before I head BACK east' because I'll be commandeering this car while I'm home - weather permitting, of course.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
thirst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bigduffjr
I'm glad you're a scrap guy and not a, well, guy whose job requires critical reading skills (hope I didn't just out you). I said 'when i turn her back over to you before I head BACK east' because I'll be commandeering this car while I'm home - weather permitting, of course.
I think I gotta defend the scrap guy here... =) your first message was unclear enough that you decided to edit it in your quoting yourself...

"i'll be sure to tame this stallion before i hand her back over to you when i head back east."

That you used "when" instead of "before" in the first reply intimated that you would be driving the car while you're home - back east , not that you'll be leaving home and heading back east to CT (which before would imply). So, I think dad is still right =).

Old 04-13-2011, 01:16 PM
e_thereal is infamous around these parts
Wow! That is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by thirst
I think I gotta defend the scrap guy here... =) your first message was unclear enough that you decided to edit it in your quoting yourself...

"i'll be sure to tame this stallion before i hand her back over to you when i head back east."

That you used "when" instead of "before" in the first reply intimated that you would be driving the car while you're home - back east , not that you'll be leaving home and heading back east to CT (which before would imply). So, I think dad is still right =).
definitely not going to let this one go since i'm studying for the GMAT right now and if I can't figure this one out I might be SOL. the problem with my paraphrased sentence that all 3 of us missed was that i couldn't possibly tame it WHEN i hand the keys back. that said, "when i head back east" = when i leave pittsburgh. "before i head back east" = before i leave pittsburgh. in context both refer to the same point in time. either way, my dad's assumption that i meant to say west would imply that I will give the car back when i leave CT which doesn't make sense, no?

i'm not trying to insult the man's intelligence (or yours).. he and my older brother have a few more iq points than me.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM
so 'when i head back east' refers to the point in time when i'm handing the car back over, not when i'm taming it. dad - i promise i won't hijack/derail your threads like this again.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bigduffjr
i'm not trying to insult the man's intelligence (or yours).. he and my older brother have a few more iq points than me.
Not true but I give you extra credit for saying it. Flattery will get you the keys.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
What a piece of junk. Why would you buy that ugly slow thing?

Seriously congrats and enjoy!

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Not true but I give you extra credit for saying it. Flattery will get you the keys.
haha thanks. i'll shlep back to the bmw forum now.