Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

One of the loudest 360 Modena ever heard!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM
RacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud of
One of the loudest 360 Modena ever heard!

Hi all! I was at the "Club Ferraristi del Montefeltro"'s meeting and there I spotted this incredible 360 Modena! It hasn't exhaust's valves and it makes a lot of noise, music maybe!
I fell in love with it!!

What do you think about?

Don't forget to watch it in HD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPOzD5YC2VY

Old 05-21-2011, 05:47 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:11 AM
RacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud of
Thank you for the comment

Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM
corsa melodia is infamous around these parts
crazy loud!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:22 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
nice!! what car are you guys in?? mondial?? and its crazy driving on those streets!! ridiculously tight!!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by adamls2
nice!! what car are you guys in?? mondial?? and its crazy driving on those streets!! ridiculously tight!!

LOL the guy on the Vespa is just asking to get his sorry a$$ run over.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Wow, a car that does not have exhaust vavles that runs! Incredible.

I really don't understand why people are so impressed with cars that make NOISE. Just remove the mufflers, etc., and its loud. And particularly with flat-crank V8s like the 360-430, etc. They just sound like big four cylinder jobs. Let them make noise and -- yuck.

One of the quietest cars I ever owned was a Lingenfelter C5R C5 'vette that ran 12 pounds of boost. It was a poorly built car, mostly plastic, but the engine was awesome: it put down over 800 Hp to the rear wheels and had 785 lbs of torque right off idle. it would 10.0 quarter miles, without trying, on street tires.

And it made almost no noise: the turbos and a set of big mufflers just silenced it. it was no louder than stock.

Arrive in stealth - depart in glory. Anyone can make noise, and many who do have nothing but bark . . . no bite.

Last edited by Lee Willis; 05-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
that road is a clutch killer

Old 05-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by adamls2
Yes, I was on a Mondial T Cabriolet! Yes, those streets aren't so large but we have to consider that European roads are tighter than the American ones!

So, I have to say that when I heard that 360 for the first time I got shocked, because I had already listened to other 360, but that 360 was very loud!!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
Wow, a car that does not have exhaust vavles that runs! Incredible.

I really don't understand why people are so impressed with cars that make NOISE. Just remove the mufflers, etc., and its loud. And particularly with flat-crank V8s like the 360-430, etc. They just sound like big four cylinder jobs. Let them make noise and -- yuck.

One of the quietest cars I ever owned was a Lingenfelter C5R C5 'vette that ran 12 pounds of boost. It was a poorly built car, mostly plastic, but the engine was awesome: it put down over 800 Hp to the rear wheels and had 785 lbs of torque right off idle. it would 10.0 quarter miles, without trying, on street tires.

And it made almost no noise: the turbos and a set of big mufflers just silenced it. it was no louder than stock.

Arrive in stealth - depart in glory. Anyone can make noise, and many who do have nothing but bark . . . no bite.
I have never heard a 4cyl sound like that. You cant compare a deep throaty V8 to a high-revving, screaming V8, they are subjective and completely different.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Catalyst
I have never heard a 4cyl sound like that. You cant compare a deep throaty V8 to a high-revving, screaming V8, they are subjective and completely different.

Oh come on, quit pretending. Have you really been around many of these cars?

"Deep throaty V8"? You are NOT talking about a Ferrari V8. There is not "throaty roar." I drive one to work every day. With a flat-crank V8 it does NOT sound like the typical V8 - unlike all American, and most European V8s, that have offset cranks so they fire an even intervals, it has a flat crank, like almost all racing V8s. That gives it greater strength to handle really high revs, and some advantages in breathing through really open valves in its two cross flow heads when the revs get higher. But it results in an unbalanced firing cycle, basically 90 deg off half the time, so it sounds nothing like a "big V8" you are used to hearing, but exactly like two big fours - a 430 really sounds JUST like two Evos or STis or something with four cylinders and a lot of boost - at least until it gets on the cam at high revs - then and only then does it sound at all good, with that deep Ferrari scream. the rest of the time is sounds expensive, but buzzy.

Some of the Masers, that use the same block, have an offset crank. They lose about 20-30 HP at the top end, but gain that really throaty burble at idle and around town. But not the Ferrari . . .

Last edited by Lee Willis; 06-02-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
Oh come on, quit pretending. Have you really been around many of these cars?

"Deep throaty V8"? You are NOT talking about a Ferrari V8. There is not "throaty roar." I drive one to work every day. With a flat-crank V8 it does NOT sound like the typical V8 - unlike all American, and most European V8s, that have offset cranks so they fire an even intervals, it has a flat crank, like almost all racing V8s. That gives it greater strength to handle really high revs, and some advantages in breathing through really open valves in its two cross flow heads when the revs get higher. But it results in an unbalanced firing cycle, basically 90 deg off half the time, so it sounds nothing like a "big V8" you are used to hearing, but exactly like two big fours - a 430 really sounds JUST like two Evos or STis or something with four cylinders and a lot of boost - at least until it gets on the cam at high revs - then and only then does it sound at all good, with that deep Ferrari scream. the rest of the time is sounds expensive, but buzzy.

Some of the Masers, that use the same block, have an offset crank. They lose about 20-30 HP at the top end, but gain that really throaty burble at idle and around town. But not the Ferrari . . .
Lee....ditch the stock box for capristo race and then ditch the cats... as close to F1 sound as you're going to get in a 430. I personally cant stand the stock 430 sound....like crap IMO...

I know you're not for a loud sound, but if you want a change this setup is as good as it gets.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Nope. Going to leave it stock, out of rspect for the factory. I've done the same thing with my Aston. If I was going to replace the exhaust I would go for a minimual titanium regardless of sound: sound just does not impress me one way or another, but those titanium exhausts save enough weight to make a small but noticeable difference.