Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Fatal 458 italia crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Fatal 458 italia crash

stuff like this reminds me that life can be over really quick! RIP

Yesterday afternoon a black Ferrari 458 Italia crashed near the coastal town of Taranto, in Southern Italy, killing three people--including the driver--and injuring nine others.

The Ferrari driver is said to have lost control at high speed on Interstate 172 before his car veered off the road and crashed into a nearby stone wall.

His body was thrown almost 100 feet from the crash, leading to suggestion that he may not even have been wearing a seatbelt.

Four other vehicles were involved in the crash and as the images reveal, the Ferrari was split in two due to the force and its front-end totally disintegrated. The images also reveal that conditions may have been wet when the crashed occurred.

The driver, a 57-year old local businessman, is said to have had a collection of exotics including a Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, and a Maserati GranTurismo.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
That is terrible.....I say RIP for the other fatalities and best wishes for recovery of the injured. Obviously that idiot was driving way above safe speeds given the outside temperature and tires on the car.....Repeat, IDIOT!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Yeah... That is tough when there are other people who pay the price for this person not being safe. As much as I feel for the driver of the exotic, my heart really goes out to those who were just living another day and are no longer around.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Really sad that people do such things on the public roads which is shared by other people. While we don't know what the exact circumstances were, we can only guess that the driver had the urge to "play" that too in this foul weather. Too bad others paid the price too.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Ziscolp is infamous around these parts
Well is one thing if he dies, but the fact that he killed other people by beeing irresponsible, well that is F^&%ed up.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
High speed + cold tarmac + damp roads = No bueno.
RIP to those who did not make it.
I'm sure his collection of cars will be sold off to cover the eventual wrongful death civil suits against his estate.

Sidenote: Why do Ferraris have a propensity to split in two when they crash? You would think by now the engineers would design in a tethering/anchoring system to keep the front and rear ends attached to the driver cell in a collision.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
RIP to all involved.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
RIP..................2 much speed = TRACK!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
It has all been summed up pretty well already.

RIP.

Truly sad for the innocents (especially the family members left behind) that were claimed by this idiot. That is the real tragedy.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Don't think a seatbelt would have mattered in this case, but it's always lost on me that people still don't/refuse to wear them.

Particularly unfortunate that non-participants were taken from their familes.

RIP to all.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
sraz786 is infamous around these parts
I hate seeing things like this happen. I was involved in a pretty horrible crash myself a few months back, albeit it wasn't my fault. You never think it's going to happen to you, but there are idiots out there!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt snow tires would have helped here. So sad.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM
SeriousBear is infamous around these parts
Such a nice car such a shame . . . .

Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
QuantumN420 is infamous around these parts
There is no way the driver survived that....wow! Just goes to show you that you need to respect the power of these cars.....

Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
kuruptracing is infamous around these parts
Damn, sad to see the driver's bad judgements not only killed himself, but even worse killed innocent people.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fatal 458 italia crash