Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 driving modes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
F430 driving modes...

I had a very fortunate opportunity to drive a 2010 F430 spyder last week and I have a feeling I wasnt extracting all of the cars performance.

I know even in my M5 if you dont have all the settings on kill it does feel a bit off. In the 430 I had the switch on race mode. Was there anything else I was missing?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Do you mean it was lacking in power or handling or....? I mean you do drive an M5 which is a pretty quick car so maybe you were expecting more than what the 430 actually delivers.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Well...they stopped making the 430 in 2009....so maybe that was the year you drove?....and FYI its a "spider"..."spyder" is Lamborghini.

Doesnt sound like you were missing anything?....the only difference between race and cst is traction control....no other buttons or settings to choose from.......maybe e46m3smg is right in terms of comparison to your M5....I will add this...IMO, and I have one, it has kind of a deceiving feeling of quickness in a straight line....meaning it doesnt "feel" as fast as the car actually is based on how the car is set up (low, rigid)......drive it again on some curves and report back

Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Well...they stopped making the 430 in 2009....so maybe that was the year you drove?....and FYI its a "spider"..."spyder" is Lamborghini.

Doesnt sound like you were missing anything?....the only difference between race and cst is traction control....no other buttons or settings to choose from.......maybe e46m3smg is right in terms of comparison to your M5....I will add this...IMO, and I have one, it has kind of a deceiving feeling of quickness in a straight line....meaning it doesnt "feel" as fast as the car actually is based on how the car is set up (low, rigid)......drive it again on some curves and report back
this has been my experience with any of the truly fast cars that I have driven, sometimes the only indicator is the speedo, but most of the time the car is properly fast

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all

I see, not my car so I didn't really want to push it into the curves. Car does sound unbelievable though. The engine note really becomes alive from 5k to red line.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 PM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GothamCayenne
this has been my experience with any of the truly fast cars that I have driven, sometimes the only indicator is the speedo, but most of the time the car is properly fast
I guess that comes with being a stable and well setup car so it feels like you're in control which is supposed to be a good thing but yh it can make speed less noticeable.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I had a chance to drive an 09 coupe on friday and I was quite impressed. The car had an after market exhaust so the sound was ultra exciting. I mean a complete visceral experience calling for involuntary words and expressions of awe. The back would step out nice in the first two gears much to the concern of the car salesman riding shotgun.

I did see an unpleasant shut off or bobble going from first to second when the rpm were not at the red line. Can anyone explain that? The car felt like it had more than the 400-some hp that it does. Next time to the dealer he wants me to drive the Lambo Gallardo. Will be interesting to compare the two.

What car do you drive regularly that makes the F430 not inspiring?

Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster

What car do you drive regularly that makes the F430 not inspiring?

E60 M5, I wouldn't call my experience non inspringing i think i was just expecting more out of a 200k+ car

When it comes to cars i am very hard to please though

Last edited by DarrinB; 05-14-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I think the sound of the car made it seem faster than it really was but I still liked it. I doubt I would prefer it for a daily driver but was nice expensive toy.

Maybe I'm not that hard to impress.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
amazing car I just bought one....

Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
amazing car I just bought one....
you know you have to post pics now right

Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
you know you have to post pics now right
lol, ok ok....lol

Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 AM
My first Ferrari, and God willing more to come....

Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 AM
That is one Beautiful car my friend....Congratulations!!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM
That is one Beautiful car my friend....Congratulations!!
thanks, still looking at the car thinking Im dreaming....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F430 driving modes...