Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

458 Driver vs NYC Cop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
I think the police officer showed remarkable restraint. He was assaulted with a deadly weapon after all.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Turbo Singh is infamous around these parts
Your driving the lastest Ferrari, whats a couple of bucks?? Take your ticket with a smile and be off. No need to be a dick about it.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Driving a $300k+ car and can't take a parking ticket, then runs over cops foot... I think this may be the first time ever in situations like this that I have to side with the cop. The guy is lucky the cop didnt serve him harder. Should be on the world's dumbest drivers show....

Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
No doubt the guy acted like an idiot he should have taken the ticket and be done with it. I know this spot I parked there a few times it's a no parking zone for delivery only to the hotel. The valet will take your key and there is usually no issue because they would tell the police that the car belongs to a guest and it will be moved promptly. I don't know why the officer wrote him a ticket it probably wasn't for parking there though..

Old 08-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper
glad that db got tossed out and humiliated like that. i've you've illegally parked and got caught, take ur ticket like a man.
Originally Posted by str8blst
wow... guess he could afford the car but not the ticket... not the smartest of moves....
I read on another site that he wasn't getting a parking ticket....he was actually parked in a valet loading zone which it totally fine. The ticket he was getting was for failure to display registration. In NY you're supposed to have your registration sticker on the front widnshield....

Still, an easy *maybe* $100 ticket turns into jail time and a few crimes on your record. According to that article, he'll probably get charged with the following, which I think he deserves.

(NY VTL Sec. 306(b) - Failure to Display Inspection Sticker, NY VTL Sec. 403(1) - Evidence of Registration to be Attached as Prescribed by Regulation) which he was trying to run away from. In the process, he assaulted a police officer with his vehicle. (NY Penal Law Sec. 120.11 - Aggravated Assault Upon a Police Officer or Peace Officer, Class B Felony, Minimum 5 Year Sentence, NY Penal Law Sec. 10.00(13) - Vehicle included in definition of deadly instrument) Then when he was told to get out of the vehicle and pulled from the vehicle, he resisted arrest. (NY Penal Law Sec. 205.30 - Resisting Arrest, Class A Misdemeanor)

Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
i for one do not mess with cops... this guy should follow suit!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Maybe a no front plate ticket as well?

I don't know what the laws are in NY regarding front plates though.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:02 PM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
What a dumbphuck! He deserved to get punched in the face by that cop.

The cop actually seemed reasonable. Have to take the cops side on this one.

-SZ

Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
GETU1 is infamous around these partsGETU1 is infamous around these parts
A friend of mines comment on another forum, makes sense to me.

"I'm on the drivers side. A reasonable person would believe that another reasonable person upon noticing a vehicle moving at a snails pace would no put themselves in harms way. Since the other reasonable person would not do that, his foot being ran over amounts to an accident and nothing more. The cop was on the side of the car, not infront, so its reasonable to believe moving forward was a safe action to do. People not having respect? I could and would respect the cop if he informed the driver he ran over his foot and he was no longer free to leave and to exit the vehicle. What you witness in that video is the lack of respect of basic rights, and the use of excessive force, anyone who sides with the cop would also have to side with some guy getting out after an accident and beating your mother because she "lacked respect" and caused an accident. Same difference, just because someone has a badge they do not have more rights then anyone one else, and there actions should be scrutinized the same as everyone else. Tired of a cop commits a crime, his punishment is maybe fired, but if I or you did the exact action, we get jail time, criminal records etc. If you want things to be a level playing field, you have to take all emotion out of it, and see it on a fact basis"

Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GETU1
A friend of mines comment on another forum, makes sense to me.

"I'm on the drivers side. A reasonable person would believe that another reasonable person upon noticing a vehicle moving at a snails pace would no put themselves in harms way. Since the other reasonable person would not do that, his foot being ran over amounts to an accident and nothing more. The cop was on the side of the car, not infront, so its reasonable to believe moving forward was a safe action to do. People not having respect? I could and would respect the cop if he informed the driver he ran over his foot and he was no longer free to leave and to exit the vehicle. What you witness in that video is the lack of respect of basic rights, and the use of excessive force, anyone who sides with the cop would also have to side with some guy getting out after an accident and beating your mother because she "lacked respect" and caused an accident. Same difference, just because someone has a badge they do not have more rights then anyone one else, and there actions should be scrutinized the same as everyone else. Tired of a cop commits a crime, his punishment is maybe fired, but if I or you did the exact action, we get jail time, criminal records etc. If you want things to be a level playing field, you have to take all emotion out of it, and see it on a fact basis"
You argument is fundamentally flawed because he shouldn't of even cranked on the car less alone try to even move it unless the cop authorized him to do so. When the cop realized the guy cranked on the car, he immediately moved to the front corner side of the vehicle in an attempt to send the guy a message. Obviously, the ***** didn't care and thought that he somehow had the right to dismiss the cop as if he weren't even there. Luckily, he had his *** handed to him.

If he would of just owned up to the $100 ticket, that situation would of never have happened. He brought it on himself.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
So the cop, knowing he could be ran over, thinks its a better idea to put the power card on and stand infront of a 3000pd vehicle which could kill him, instead of just moving aside and letting the asshat do what he wants and then letting justice deal with him? Unless laws are different from where I am from, the driver does not have any obligation to stay on the scene, unless its an accident, the ticket would then be mailed. Yes he should have just taken the ticket, but in the end two wrongs dont make a right 100 times over

Old 08-07-2012, 04:41 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
the cop was looking for a figh

Both of them are A-hats. The cop clearly placed his foot in front of the wheel. He clearly wanted to teach this guy a lesson.

The guy was a complete idiot too, but moving your car at a snails pace is not assault. It's clear he was no trying to run the cop down.

A good bit of class warfare on both sides.

Glad I don't live where you can be dragged out of your car and beaten for driving away from a parking ticket that has not even been issued to you yet.

If they were both reasonable men, this would be a non issue. Stupid times two.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
^^Very well put actually. Really, they taught eachother a lesson

Old 08-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
This guy deserved it. The officer was clearly doing his job and if he wasn't "in the way," I am sure that the driver would've gotten away (at least that's what his intention was). It would've been a lot easier if the driver attempted to talk to the cop. What's there to lose? Sub-100 bucks?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
If you want to run over a cop because of a ticket, you have serious issues.

Kids these days have no respect for anyone or anything. It's the whole me, me, me generation that thinks they're invincible because they appeared on tv.

Everyone was taught by their parents to respect the law and be polite, even if you're right. You can refute the legalities in court.

And even if he did have the permission for the car to be there, he could have talked to the cop nicely and explain the situation.

Not get in your car, start it up and try to drive away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 458 Driver vs NYC Cop