Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

458 Driver vs NYC Cop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
They are both wrong, HOWEVER, The cop diliberatley damaged that car. And put himself in front of it. You are correct the cop and the city will be paying for this. Way to much force and it looks as though the cop put his foot under it on purpose. YEAH dont mess with the cops....but,. They are public servants not public jurys.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
Another look at the video and another case of to much power!!!! To much force!!! I hope the cop is gone. The haves agaist the have nots HE PURPOSELY DAMAGED THAT CAR. The cop was picking a fight.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VailTT
They are both wrong, HOWEVER, The cop diliberatley damaged that car. And put himself in front of it. You are correct the cop and the city will be paying for this. Way to much force and it looks as though the cop put his foot under it on purpose. YEAH dont mess with the cops....but,. They are public servants not public jurys.
Both wrong? Seriously? The cop was doing his job. The asshat was the one to 1.Violate a law (hence the ticket), 2. Get in his car and attempt to drive away, 3. In his attempt to drive away, with the officer in his line-of-sight, he clearly had no regard for the officer and hit him.

Once he disobeyed the officer, who was in the process of writing him a citation, and actually hit him. The officer had the authority to defend himself, by dragging that mthrfuker out of the car.

The entire incident was caused by the driver. I disagree with way too much force. When you consider that the guy was using his car as a weapon by
deliberately forcing his way pass the cop and actually hitting him, I personally think he got off easy.

I just saw two cops lift a homeless guy from his wheel chair and slam him face first into the ground, all for what seemed to be like loitering. The poor man's face and teeth were seriously damaged. Now that is excessive force.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM
The guy was not leaving- was he going to leave the girlfriend on the curb? No. My dad and brother : both cops seen the bully crap to many times. I will follow this case. The car was not used as a weapon A WEAPON really????? The cop tried to stop the car or his is just idiotic. There is no defense for being and idiot.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I don't see where he ran over the cop's foot. The cop placed his foot in front of the tire. The vehicle rolled forward very slightly while the cop was still shifting his feet. The car stopped dead and the cop hit the window and very easily moved back to the driver's door and opened it. He shows absolutely no signs of his foot hurting until quite a while later when he's limping around. Total BS.

The cop was wearing very thick shoes just like most cops normally wear. Those would definitely have required the driver to roll up onto them to ever get close to a point where there was pressure on the cop's foot. This would have been easily visible in the video because the car would have gone up, even if slightly, especially with the very low profile tires on the car that also have very stiff sidewalls (what sidewalls they even have). And the guy would have had to move the car backwards at that point or that cop never would have been able to pull his foot out with his own strength. The combination of weight of the vehicle plus a sticky tire holding them there would make it impossible to pull his foot out, never mind pull it out so easily. I've been involved in more than one foot running over situation (don't ask, stupid kid stuff!) and I know how impossible it is to get your foot out, and the cases I've seen included a time (or two) on wet grass with a tiny little car that weighed maybe 2000 pounds and you still can't budge your foot.

The whole thing is total BS. That cop didn't get run over. His correct reaction should have been to back away and mail the ticket in. That's day 1 at the police academy where they teach you about safety. You don't get in the way of a 3000 pound chiunk of metal because you will lose. He obviously was picking a fight because he wanted to with a "rich @$$hole" as he obviously categorized the Ferrari driver.

The driver was a jerk too don't get me wrong, but they were both wrong, and the whole premise that the guy ran over the guy's foot is fake as hell.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
v21
v21 is infamous around these parts
It should be said again: that car never rolled over that cop's foot. Watch the video, play it backwards if you have to, it did NOT.

This isn't about the amount of the ticket.

Your car is parked by the valet at that spot, you come out and find a paper-pusher writing you up. You talk to him, he mumbles something in return without making eye contact. The condescendence... Staying is a waste of your time at that point. You just want that guy out of your sight. Then he gets in front of your car. WTF? He's got my license, mail the tickets and get out of my way already.He insists, now your are boiling. Guy has got a badge, fakes it, his word against yours, you are going down. Next thing you know, your face is against the pavement. With all your education, achievements, connections, happy moments in life and your future ahead of you, your face is against the pavement. Because some moron could not stand that you didn't have your front tag on when the vast majority of exotics don't put on a front plate and it's tolerated by most LEOs unless they want to write a BS ticket.

Some said turning the car on even was a mistake. So if he wants to get in, turn the engine on to get the AC going in a 95 degrees weather, he can't?

Once forced to, I would have waited for him to finish, taken the ticket, tossed him $200-300 told him to ****-off and left.

It's great that this video was made. With a good lawyer, the kid should be OK. That cop should be fired and the kid should sue the city and the NYPD.

Though reading the reactions on the net to this video makes me sad. Because the guy is vilified for being a Ferrari driver from the get-go. I have never seen this much hate/ jealousy towards success and wealth in this country than what I have seen in the last 1-2 years. Amazing.

Last edited by v21; 08-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
v21 you are correct. It is the haves and the have nots period. I hope this rookie has to pay restitution. paint should be 30k. So much hate for success +1. Sad part I can see this happening to you or me...... Very very sad.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
If the guy was driving a bucket and was thrown in jail nobody would complain. HE HIT SOMEONE WITH HIS CAR!!! The only worse person to hit than a cop would be a child or a disabled person. He acted like he was above the law. You respect law enforcement period. I was in NY during 911 and the black out in 2004. I've seen these men save lives and put their own lives on the line. I lived in NYC for over 6 years and never seen a single police officer abuse their power. In Los Angeles, if you look at a cop the wrong way they put their hand on their gun.

Last edited by FooFighterRS4; 08-08-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FooFighterRS4
HE HIT SOMEONE WITH HIS CAR!!!
Um no he didn't. Did you watch the video?

The only worse person to hit than a cop would be a child or a disabled person. He acted like he was above the law. You respect law enforcement period.
And the cop acted like he was above the law. He had no right to stop the driver from leaving. There's no reason to respect anyone, law enforcement or otherwise, if they aren't respecting you.

I was in NY during 911 and the black out in 2004. I've seen these men save lives and put their own lives on the line. I lived in NYC for over 6 years and never seen a single police officer abuse their power.
So because you do something good that gives you a right to do whatever you want in other situations?

I lived in NYC for over 6 years and never seen a single police officer abuse their power.
So what you're saying is you don't pay attention? How many times have you seen a cop car parked in a no parking area? How many times have you seen one going over the speed limit? How many times have you seen a cop with their lights on? You think every time they have them on they're on an emergency call? Yeah right...

In Los Angeles, if you look at a cop the wrong way they put their hand on their gun.
So you're saying you should respect these guys then since you should always respect law enforcement? I don't know about you but I don't know why I should respect somebody that puts their hand on a deadly weapon if I even look at them wrong?

For the record, I come from a family of public servants. However, because of that experience, I can tell you as a generalization it's very true there's nobody more crooked than cops and firemen (especially cops). There are also very few groups of people that can be considered so helpful and selfless in risking their lives, especially firemen. There's also not another group of people besides cops that can be considered so abusive of their power and position.

The only thing the Ferrari owner did wrong in this video is that he should have opened his window and stated his intentions to the cop that he was going to leave, even if by starting the car it was clear he was going to do exactly that. The cop will be sued for damages to the vehicle, excessive use of force, and likely lose on both counts, especially given the caliber of lawyer the driver is likely to bring to the table. The driver is likely going to have charges against him thrown out other than the original ticket because he never ran over the cop's foot or hit him or any of the other cops.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 AM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
If the guy was driving a bucket and was thrown in jail nobody would complain.
Had it been a white cop and an african american male in a bucket (if video recordered) this would be all over CNN and Fox with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all over it.
I am not suggesting that this cop was racist, but the class warfare part is obvious.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
You're on 6speedonline, and you're telling us that the kid is being villified by other Ferrari or exotic owners, because he owns a Ferrari?

Get real.

When you're doing 70mph in a 35mph zone, and a cop runs up behind you with his lights on, do you say F-you, you already got my plate number, just send me the ticket, and keep driving?

The kid didn't even spend 30 seconds to talk to the cop about what he was getting a citation for.

The kid can sue all he wants, but he's going to spend $10k on what was just going to be a $100 ticket.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 AM
v21
If the guy was driving a bucket and was thrown in jail nobody would complain. HE HIT SOMEONE WITH HIS CAR!!! The only worse person to hit than a cop would be a child or a disabled person. He acted like he was above the law. You respect law enforcement period. I was in NY during 911 and the black out in 2004. I've seen these men save lives and put their own lives on the line. I lived in NYC for over 6 years and never seen a single police officer abuse their power. In Los Angeles, if you look at a cop the wrong way they put their hand on their gun.
No he did not hit him. There was no impact. The cop kept trying to stick his foot under the tire and to stop the car by pushing back on the side mirror.

The car did not roll on the cop's foot either. He lied.

I am surprised you have not caught the LEOs doing something outrageous while in NYC. No one is denying the appreciation they deserve in some cases but they do abuse their power quite often, I suppose because they take it for granted.

Just last month, on the west side highway, a NYPD car stopped in one lane while two officers were talking to a teenager: they could have pulled up to the right 50 ft ahead. They had the space to get out of the way.
But no. Their behavior created 3-4 miles of traffic for hundreds of people. I only found out what the back up was when I drove past them.

In this video, the cop is mad at the owner for his infractions before he even gets there. Then he gets in and turns on his engine, that pisses him some more. Instead of leaving the ticket alone for a sec and addressing the drier, he adopts this passive-agressive attitude so he doesn't have to communicate with him. And he must win. He is the guy with the badge and the gun.

It was just a ticket. He had his license by then. Why detain him? He should have let him go and mailed the ticket or had him pulled over at the next intersection. But you see, his ego is already bruised before his path crossed the kid's. The kid is younger, it's 95 degrees and middle of the day, he doesn't have to work. Instead he is hanging out at swanky hotels and drives around in an expensive toy car. The cop did not want to be ignored. He forgot the law. He behaved like a little person instead of the LEO that he is.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 AM
v21
Originally Posted by Hua
You're on 6speedonline, and you're telling us that the kid is being villified by other Ferrari or exotic owners, because he owns a Ferrari?

Get real.

When you're doing 70mph in a 35mph zone, and a cop runs up behind you with his lights on, do you say F-you, you already got my plate number, just send me the ticket, and keep driving?

The kid didn't even spend 30 seconds to talk to the cop about what he was getting a citation for.

The kid can sue all he wants, but he's going to spend $10k on what was just going to be a $100 ticket.
Villified on other media outlets/ sites, yes. Just read a few comments... and the headline. He didn't even roll on his foot.

Quite a different situation you used as an example there.

He did attempt to speak with him at the beginning of the video and the cop refused to make eye contact, mumbled something and kept shuffling his papers.

And again, this isn't about the money/ amount of the ticket....

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Attempt to speak with him?

Do you know what he said to him? No, you don't. He could have easily said, "Go ahead, write me a ticket you f-ing pig."

Funny how you demand respect for someone that doesn't show any first.

I have to ask, what would you have done if you were the kid? The exact same thing?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
v21
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hua
Attempt to speak with him?

Do you know what he said to him? No, you don't. He could have easily said, "Go ahead, write me a ticket you f-ing pig."

Funny how you demand respect for someone that doesn't show any first.

I have to ask, what would you have done if you were the kid? The exact same thing?

Well you don't know either. Why speculate and presume the worst.

I do see/ hear the kid addressing the cop. I also see the body language and f'u attitude the cop responds with.

Personally: once he placed himself in front of the car, the risk is too big. Even touching him with the car gives him the opportunity to claim whatever he wants.
I would have asked why am I not free to leave with the car and to please get to get out of the way. He can detain him at his discretion but he does not have to for those infractions. So the problem starts when the cop decides he is going to inconvenience him as much as possible. The question is why?

Now, looking at that character, you can bet he'll be pulling a disability pension WE are paying for.

What is NYPD doing writing tickets for missing registration stickers when teenagers cannot take the subway without the risk of having their iPhone snatched from their hands?

It's a good question: how would guys have handled this?

Last edited by v21; 08-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 458 Driver vs NYC Cop