Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Guy Runs Over Cop's Foot in 458

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
6Speed Editor
6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute6Speed Editor has a reputation beyond repute
Guy Runs Over Cop's Foot in 458

Watch it here: Guy Runs Over Cop's Foot in 458

There's dumb, and then there's this. You don't try and drive away when a cop is giving you a ticket. You just don't. More importantly, if you are trying to make a speedy getaway into the traffic choked streets of NYC, then don't hit the cop that was writing that ticket.

Or else this happens.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 PM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
what a punk!!! Totally deserved what he got, along with the nice scratch down the side of his car!!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Looks like a bad day for everyone involved.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
johngoga is infamous around these parts
I am not saying he didn't deserved it but the cop was out of control. I drove off once and told the cop to mail me the ticket. They had the license plate, that is all that cop needed.

John

Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM
LeXIs3o0 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medici78
Looks like a bad day for everyone involved.
My thoughts exactly, the guy could of just handled the situation differently. I would of probably done the same thing if i was the officer.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
I can not believe anyone is on the side of the cop. A public servant tried to stop the car with his foot and then purposefully damaged the car. Bully......nothing more. cop was picking a fight.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM
v21
v21 is infamous around these parts
Whoa - whoa - whoa, wait a minute! Why is the moron LEO *****-footing and lodging his foot twice! under the tire? Trusting the driver that he would not drive on it? What did he expect? That his foot was going to stop the 570hp engine?

The right way of doing it would have been to stand a couple of feet in front of the car. Also, he never ordered him to shut down the engine or informed him clearly that he is not free to leave with the car. Not to mention, from the driver's seating position, there is no way to know that his foot is under the tire. Also the driver could probably not hear what the cop was saying outside the car. That passive-aggressive attitude tells me the cop wanted to take that guy down for his arrogance and disregard of the law (no registration/ inspections stickers + no front plate, $280K car in front of the Mercer Hotel in Soho), the "injury" (I have seen NBA players faking it better) is the proof he needed for the charge. Too bad, young kid, didn't think just reacted. He fell for it.

He should not have moved the car an inch after the doppey cop positioned himself in the left front corner. I just think the mediocre cop wanted a payed leave/ disability pension and that was his lucky day/ way out of writing traffic tickets and the as.sholes' way at the precinct. What's up with punching the driver's window like that? From an individual with a gun. What would have happened if he had cut himself had the glass shattered? Popped 8 rounds in the kid's skull/ chest?

Man why are NJ and NY still hell-bent on having a front plate and (NY) putting ugly stickers on the windshields. It just mars the look of the car.

Bonus: watch how the dirtbag is resting on the car, pretending/ acting while damaging the car with his belt/ crap some more.

This video is really upsetting to anyone who likes cars. Take your hands off the car!

Last edited by v21; 08-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 AM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I wonder what NY cops do to J-walkers? Meter maids in New Orleans aren't allowed to key your car for being illegally parked, or standing in front of a valet; and they aren't dumb enough to jump in front of a moving car. That cop disgraces other cops, and gives New York city another black eye.

A tale of two idiots.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 AM
v21
v21 is infamous around these parts
Agreed. A disgrace.

And the NYPD cannot be caught siding against one of its own. So they back him up even though they prob. think the same we did: what a moron!
This does not help the public image of the force.

That car did NOT roll over the cop's foot.
The video is all over the web and the masses have actually bought the story/ headline, even after watching the video!
Most do not realize the cop wanted that guy to give him a reason to take him down.

See how the cop is putting his foot under the tire and then tries to stop the car by holding on to the side mirror? Yeah.. that'll do it.

Also he is gesticulating, forming a gun with his hand while saying stop.
That is not how you order someone to stop: the hand gesture is a raised palm.
What if the suspect cannot hear or doesn't hear what the cop is saying from inside the car?

Doesn't matter what car the guy is driving. I would have been equally mad if they had vandalized his brand-new Rav4.
To him, that's his car. His own. The fruit of his labor/ work/ risk taking. That's one of the rewards. No one has to right to even touch it.
If even LEOs show a total disrespect for private property like that, where is this headed?

Last edited by v21; 08-08-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
+1 no doubt