Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Guy who ran NYPD cops foot over with his 458 Italia is being sued by cop for $10M!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Nahh... cops don't do these things. After I had successfully fought a "large" speeding ticket driving my DeTomasso Pantera while being followed by a Peugeot 404 Cop Car who ticketed me for a 170km speed in a 100 km zone where the judge happened to be a car guy and where I could "prove" that the cop had no idea how fast I was going as he was trying to keep up with me at full launch. That very same cop ( who knew me because he lived and worked in the local town) decided to "walk around my car" and dish out some tickets just because it was revenge time one day after the court day. I then walked in the police HQ, demanded to see the Police chief and had a discussion with him. Suffices to say the tickets somehow did not make it into the system. Somehow this cop never liked me thereafter :-) This happened in Belgium... just to show a%%shol##es are everywhere.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
This happened while on duty, meaning any damages to the officer should be covered by L&I, and if he gets rewarded from the court, the $$$ should be recharged back to NYPD budget IMO.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by thackl
Have to watch for haters everywhere. Even the cops. He singled out that car for what it was rather than where it was. Most of us in cars in the 6fig range have dealt with this a time or two including me in a few small west tx cities. When my vw broke down 2 yrs ago and I drove my 997tt to theVA for a week and it was ticketed for parking violations every single day it was there. The vw never did and none of the other docs cars did... Had a talk with the chief of va surgery who spoke with the va chief of police to stop the harassment. Had another follow me all over at way too close following distance then pull me over after a light turned yellow as I went under it... kept me and wife (who is also a physician) pulled over for 30 min with extra cruisers in for the fun and harassment . Had my attorney pull the cops video immediately... That stop didn't go we'll for the cop.

Wow,,, not so sure whether this is the case in WA state. Seems like I get more respect from the traffic officers with my Porsche than Honda days. I used to get pulled over right & left with my rocket ricer Honda, versus Porsche has been very pleasant driving around in WA, especially in Seattle areas.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
firefisher is infamous around these parts
The cop will most likely get nothing unless the injury causes him to have the foot operated on and as a result he has to retire. If that is the case, he could get a lot of money. But the process would take years. If he sustains minor injuries he will have to go back to work in a few weeks, full time and fit for duty or the Police Department could fire him. That is the most probable scenario. Because he will be getting paid during medical leave and the fact that he must return to work( can't risk his pension), he will be getting enough money to buy a used Toyota Prius.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 PM
firefisher is infamous around these parts
The cop Felix Recio was arrested for DWI in November. NYPD probably has issues with him and trying to fire his ***. Here is the article: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...driving-drunk/

Last edited by firefisher; 01-01-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: link was not coming up
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
OldTownNews is infamous around these parts
The cop tried to prevent the driver from driving off by putting his foot in front of the supercar.... instead of talking the driver out of the car. I think both parties have fault for the accident

Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
So far i ve been stopped once by Police driving my 360, while preparing making a U turn. The officer stop me and told me " After you turn, floor it, so i can hear it a bit!"...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM
f0ster is infamous around these parts
seems like the insurance carrier would stick up for him and say 'no'

Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM
tandelaw is infamous around these parts
Yes, the guy in the Ferrari was an a$$hole, but $10 million is ridiculous.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
yohanthestud is infamous around these parts
I think the cop wants to buy a ferrari

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
twenzel is infamous around these parts
morons on both sides!