Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

What to look for with a F430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
What to look for with a F430

Specifically, this one:

http://www.audinorthscottsdale.com/u...70b0d4492f.htm

Seems to be fairly priced - so what am I missing? Or is it just the high mileage?

What I saw:
There is a small crinkle in the paint at the very front of the bumper, looks like the plastic bumper got bent a bit and cracked the paint. There is significant wear on the driver's seat bolster. A few scratches in the plastic door and center console trim. Service is supposedly up to date. The brake rotors look OK to me. Clutch wear reported at 75% I believe.

Any specific things to check?

Also, a stupid question - neither the salesman or I could figure out how to adjust the steering wheel. Does the wheel adjust up and down and in and out?

Thanks for any advise.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Seems fairly aggressively priced for an 05 with 24k miles. How many owners?
I'd certainly get a PPI, include compression and leak down - with that many miles, I would want to make sure it was serviced regularly.
Did they replace clutch? brakes and tire wear?
Also investigate the paint - was it in an accident? resprayed?
This will all effect resale as well.
If you're ok with the wear in the interior, then it may be a good "deal."

Personally, I wouldn't buy the cheapest 430 on the market. For $10k more you can get a lower mileage 430 with less wear and good service records.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
I'm always suspect when I see cheapo replacement tires installed on a Ferrari.

One thing I learned buying an F430 is you get what you pay for. Definitely get a PPI - $109K is bottom of the market for F430s.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
i think it's fairly priced too as long as it has good records. i paid $ 129K nov '11 for a 7K '06 well optioned/modded 430.

i'd find out if the exhaust manifolds have been replaced--

Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 AM
jaxxonR8 is infamous around these parts
I'm quite just @ 28K it's close to needing a major service -I forget the miles when it's critical, but I'd look it up before buying it. And see if it's been done.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 AM
elmfd3s is infamous around these parts
That Audi dealer is part of the Penske group which also has a Ferrari dealership in Scottsdale. I would wonder why its not being sold on their lot.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:52 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Sad when a 250K car in considered to have high millage at 20K miles. They should build better Ferraris

Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
Sad when a 250K car in considered to have high millage at 20K miles. They should build better Ferraris
I actually think 24k miles is fine on a 430 as long as an accurate detailed history of service is available. The 430 in and of itself is very reliable.
Just see if the major is/has been done and check clutch wear.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Mhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
Really???? These cars are very reliable and it's not Ferrari's fault their owners don't drive them!!! I suggest doing your research before making ignorant comments.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Dambrosiov is infamous around these parts
24 k a mile would be a better option i think you have paid more than enough money for it

Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
The Iceman is infamous around these parts
"Sad when a 250K car in considered to have high millage at 20K miles. They should build better Ferraris"

I dont think it's an ignorant statement at all ..it's true . Sure they are great cars that none compare to .But $250k for a car that will never make it to 100k miles .And owners know it ...thats why 20k is called "HIGH MILES "

Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Mhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Iceman
"Sad when a 250K car in considered to have high millage at 20K miles. They should build better Ferraris"

I dont think it's an ignorant statement at all ..it's true . Sure they are great cars that none compare to .But $250k for a car that will never make it to 100k miles .And owners know it ...thats why 20k is called "HIGH MILES "
20k is high miles because that is what is perceived, never make it to 100k miles? Go to Fchat and and other real Ferrari forums and make this comment. Lastly, how many older Ferrari's are now worth millions? Can't say that about any other exotic car MFG, period.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Iceman

You can stand in the ignorant line as well.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
The Ferrari owner wont drive their cars because the buyer wont buy high miles car. Most Ferrari buyers wants to only buy garage queen so they can save it for the next owner who only demands garage queen.
Where as most Porsche owner drives their car so the next owner can drive it even harder.
Has nothing to do with the cars reliability.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vincentdds
The Ferrari owner wont drive their cars because the buyer wont buy high miles car. Most Ferrari buyers wants to only buy garage queen so they can save it for the next owner who only demands garage queen.
Where as most Porsche owner drives their car so the next owner can drive it even harder.
Has nothing to do with the cars reliability.
Thats the way I look at it. Its an unfortunate reality, but its the reason why I almost bought a 2013 911S. I can actually drive the Porsche 7500 miles a year without having to worry about dumping the car for pennies on the dollar. If I pick up a 430 it will probably be driven 1500 miles a year, it is about resale for me for sure, not about reliability. I wouldn't want to buy 2006 430 with 12k, drive it 7500 miles/year, and sell it in 2015 with 27k and lose $50k in depreciation. Thats a bit rich for my blood.

With that said theres plenty of 430s out there with 50k+ miles, which shows that they are being DD'd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to look for with a F430