Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Any reason not to get a gray market 360?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Any reason not to get a gray market 360?

I can get a 2000 gray market 360 modena with 7500 miles for $100K.

It is an F1 and was imported / modded by G&K here in california. Other than potential resale problems, is there any reason not to get this kind of car?

Old 01-02-2006, 08:05 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
basically euro models will sell for less money and take longer to move. resell is pretty much your enemy.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
wow.... i would take one for that price.....any others out there like this?

Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Ferrari dealers don't want to deal with gray market cars that's the bottom line. Besides that that sounds like a sweet deal.

raja

Old 01-03-2006, 04:15 PM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
I thought the US vs Euro models were essentially equal except for some fascia, bumpers and emissions ( which would be modified to epa standards)

Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Yes, they are pretty much the exact same car. The difference is that Euro models have to be imported and "modified" to meet U.S. DOT standards. The only concern I have is resale...gray market cars are about $15K-$25K less valuable than a comparable U.S. car.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
ajf1 is infamous around these parts
yeah but you also pay 15-20k less on the front end so in the end its all equal. Since the car you are looking at is a 2000 it is virtually identical to a us car bucause both are out of warranty.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Panayiotis is infamous around these partsPanayiotis is infamous around these parts
Speak to a Ferrari dealer and get the low down, obviously they will tell you you shouldnt but ask them if they would be willing to service it. It will make it easier to sell later on if it has been serviced by Ferrari since it has been in the US.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Arnie is infamous around these parts
I think about a year ago Ferrari was petitoning the govt to prevent the importation of EU cars because they claimed there were over 500 differences between the US and foreign models and that it was impossible to meet US stds. One of the grey market importers fought the petition and won I thought. But as a result no Ferrari dealer is allowed to work on grey market cars. I think my facts are correct on this issue. You could probably get the info under the freedom of Information act.

Arnie

Old 01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
That's a killer deal and my only initial concern would be warranty- which as someone mentioned above, is moot since it is out of warranty.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Arnie
I think about a year ago Ferrari was petitoning the govt to prevent the importation of EU cars because they claimed there were over 500 differences between the US and foreign models and that it was impossible to meet US stds. One of the grey market importers fought the petition and won I thought. But as a result no Ferrari dealer is allowed to work on grey market cars. I think my facts are correct on this issue. You could probably get the info under the freedom of Information act.

Arnie
is it they are not allowed to work on the car at all? or not allowed to accept warranty claims even if the car falls within the mileage/ time frame as a US car?

Old 01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I called Beverly Hills Ferrari. They do not honor Euro warranties, but they WILL service the cars.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by trojanman
I called Beverly Hills Ferrari. They do not honor Euro warranties, but they WILL service the cars.
sounds like a good move goin with the euro car at 100k, since a US 2000 model would be out of warranty anyhow.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Saw this car on ebay Troj - one thought, how can you confirm actual mileage, since it was originally outside the US?? Just lookin out for ya.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:33 AM
electronic speedos are relatively hard to tamper with. Of course, anything is possible...

I would of course get a PPI by a reputable shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any reason not to get a gray market 360?