Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari 612 P4/5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 PM
srika is infamous around these partssrika is infamous around these parts
Ferrari 612 P4/5

damn, this would be quite a comeback.....

From Autoexpress.co.uk...

Ferrari's light fantastic

Could it be the world's ultimate supercar? Combining the skills of legendary design house Pininfarina with the pace of an Enzo, Ferrari's latest coupé is set to turn the performance car class on its head when it is unveiled this summer.

Auto Express was granted exclusive access to the futuristic-looking machine, which was inspired by the famous P4 racer of the Sixties. Called the 612 P4/5, the two-seater has the Enzo's V12 engine and is based on a modified version of that car's carbon chassis.

It will make its world debut on 20 August at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California, and is estimated to have cost at least £2.6million to produce.

Officially, the car is a one-off, but our Pininfarina source admitted that it's much more than simply a concept, as it has been cre-ated to explore the wilder side of the design firm's creativity, as well as Ferrari's future. To do that properly, it was essential to ensure the machine would be road legal.

The P4/5 was sketched out by a team led by Ken Okuyama - the man behind last year's stunning Maserati Birdcage show car and Ferrari's upcoming 599 GTB Fiorano.

An Enzo chassis is wrapped in the carbon bodywork, which incorporates a full roll cage. From behind the wheel, the windscreen, roof and rear of the cabin are all see-through. As a result, there's incredible visibility, and a fantastic sense of space.

The nose is shorter and more aggressive than the Enzo's, while echoes of the classic P4 racer run from nose to tail. At the rear, underbody aerodynamics are clearly visible, and are designed to maintain stability at the predicted top speed of more than 220mph.

Inside, the two-seater has been custom fitted to accommodate even the most demanding owners' needs, and there will be an assortment of hi-tech in-car entertainment for the passenger to play with. Power is kept at the V12 Enzo's original 660bhp, and the six-speed F1-style gearbox also remains unchanged.

Because the curvy new body is said to perform better than the Enzo's in the wind tunnel, the P4/5's acceleration is claimed to be an improvement. What's more, the prototype weighs less than the Enzo's 1,365kg, so the custom-built machine is set to be one of the fastest cars on the planet.

Getting to this point hasn't been easy, though. The first challenge was to find a donor vehicle. Only 399 Enzos were ever built, and a worldwide search turned up an unregistered 2003 model in Beverly Hills with an £800,000 price tag.

Only once it had been bought could the designers start to create the P4/5's shape. The next phase has cost £1.8million so far, and it's still not finished... However, the car is due to hit the road shortly - and is sure to stop traffic when it does!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
This car is being made by a guy on Fchat, He gave his Enzo to Ferrari to build this one of one car for him.
Thread can be viewed here:
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92754

Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 PM
srika is infamous around these partssrika is infamous around these parts
damn, is it really **that** car?? wow.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
I dont beleive it will look anything like that.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
how do u even get qualified for that sort of thing??

Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 PM
ajf1 is infamous around these parts
the only qualification you need is the big checkbook.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by ajf1
the only qualification you need is the big checkbook.
umm I'm sure it takes more than that...

of the millions of rich ppl in the world, 399 were chosen, not 399 chose, to buy one.

Then of the 400 existing Enzoes (#400 auctioned off for tsunami relief funds), ONE was selected to convert to this one off car...

Old 03-27-2006, 12:22 PM
ajf1 is infamous around these parts
Go over to ferrarichat and read the whole thread, he wasnt selected, he approached pininfarina with this project and they said yes. Although he could have gotten an enzo for sticker, he didnt, he had to find the car like any other normal person two years after the fact. He said Pininfarina is looking to get back to doing special one of's and all you need is the idea and the money and they will make it happen.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
I just couldnt get past this...
I will say this. Over the weekend a friend of mine who has 3 Zonda's 2 Enzos, an FXX, 4 430's, 8 360's, a 333 SP, several F40's including a GTE, a MC12... (You get the picture) was shown some early photo's of what I'm talking about and his respone was:

"Jim people say I'm crazy but you're the one who's really crazy."

NUTS!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:44 PM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
It looks pretty crappy, like it was designed 15 years ago.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sheynk
I will say this. Over the weekend a friend of mine who has 3 Zonda's 2 Enzos, an FXX, 4 430's, 8 360's, a 333 SP, several F40's including a GTE, a MC12... (You get the picture) was shown some early photo's of what I'm talking about and his respone was:

NUTS!
Yea that guy is Benny Caiola in New York.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stephan
Yea that guy is Benny Caiola in New York.
****....isnt he seventy-something....damn ...sure gets the blood goin

Old 03-27-2006, 04:45 PM
****....isnt he seventy-something....damn ...sure gets the blood goin
yea im pretty sure hes late 60's- early 70s. He was going to buy a 3rd Enzo in Black so he could have one in each color, but he never ended up purchasing it.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by ajf1
Go over to ferrarichat and read the whole thread, he wasnt selected, he approached pininfarina with this project and they said yes. Although he could have gotten an enzo for sticker, he didnt, he had to find the car like any other normal person two years after the fact. He said Pininfarina is looking to get back to doing special one of's and all you need is the idea and the money and they will make it happen.
ah, ic... thx for the clear up... obviously I was too lazy to read all that

NUTS!
umm yeah... how many Zondas exist?
And what on earth do u need 4 430s and 8 360s for???

Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LittleJohny
ah, ic... thx for the clear up... obviously I was too lazy to read all that

umm yeah... how many Zondas exist?
And what on earth do u need 4 430s and 8 360s for???
If you want all the colors I suppose. Check here:

http://www.robbreportcollection.com/...Enzo-Mania.asp

"I love beautiful things"

Well he sure does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari 612 P4/5