Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

shelton ferrari service is a sham!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:22 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
shelton ferrari service is a sham!

Shelton SERVICE, is a "sham"
Between my Dad and I, we have spent thousands at Shelton Ferrari in the past, with these boneheads. No, did not buy my car from them.

I very cordially scheduled a service appointment, recieved a date of 5-25 (today), which was about 5 weeks out from the time of scheduling.

Get there, Bruce Varon tells my business associate that "Sorry, some Ferrari Race Guys messed up the schedule, and two guys are out, and I can't take in your car." I have no place for you to leave it, I can't look at your car for a while."

I get on the phone and ask, well then when can you take me, I get a vague answer of "I am two weeks out."

NOT, I am sorry, I can't take you today, sorry I didn't call you, sorry you drove 23.9 miles here at 8:30 AM, but I can take you in on (insert date here).

Total disregard, total unprofessionalism, and I frustrated with his excuse filled tone.

Now, we all make mistakes, we all mess up, we are all put in very comprimising positions due to "the schedule", no matter what line of work you are in, but it is "HOW YOU RESPOND TO A MISTAKE."

Bruce Varon, you're on BLAST, and you dropped the ball BIG TIME. There are no two ways about it.

Last edited by JPanamera; 05-26-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I see why you are angry, although I've never had that happen with my P car. Did have a similar situation happen a few years ago with a pin striper for my wife's Lexus. Scheduled me a month in advance. When I got to his shop @ 8:00am he said he was overbooked and couldn't take me for another month. No apology.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:31 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
he bumped u for another customer without apology? i would have offered u a discount with an immediate reschedule. has your prior experience been good? if not, take it somewhere else.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Bottom line is that we are talking about Ferrari service here. How many Ferrari ADs are there in FL? How much does your "average" service ticket run? Do you honestly think they care? If they are booked that far in advance, they obviously have no shortage of customers. Pretty much they are the only game in town and know it. Unfortunately, most situations like this do not promote customer service and goodwill gestures.

Just like that "Soup ****" episode from Seinfeld. When there is a line out the door and everybody wants what you have, you can treat people like crap and get away with it all day long.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
When there is a line out the door and everybody wants what you have, you can treat people like crap and get away with it all day long.
I disagree... You can definately choose to treat people like crap, or not to, but in the long run, you WON'T get away with it! I believe there's a need for a service oriented shop that treats it's customers the way they deserve to be treated. Not many of those from what I've seen down here....

Old 05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I thought Shelton Ferrari was the best? Since they had many F40's coming in for service and for sale; Also their Adv on Dupont Registry seems very proffesional filled with Ferrari's ranging from Street cars such as 355's , 360's and Race cars !

They wont get away with it!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:22 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Since the post the GM has responded.

This was a big time F'up on the dealerships part.

I will uodate after service has been completed.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, The service sucks because the dealership is tiny. They leave all the cars outside which sucks too. Champions service bay is at least 10 times the size.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Why do you waste your time with Shelton, You should call Patrick in Miami. Everyone uses Patrick.

The owner of the collection would only have Patrick work on his Enzo, if you want his info just PM me and I will forward to you.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
i would prefer to stay with someone local, in palm beach county.

i have a few good recomedations, but thanks, orli.

they flat bedded the 360 today, will update once all work has been done (and i am broke).