Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

I got my F430 today!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned
Msoltanian is infamous around these parts
congratulations
my
friend

Old 07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
a few more pics...

thanks all...

Chuck

Attached Images    
Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chucksweet
thanks all...

Chuck
How are you liking it, compared to other Ferrari's you have driven, Porsche's or within your own car collection?!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by iLLM3
How are you liking it, compared to other Ferrari's you have driven, Porsche's or within your own car collection?!
The only other Ferrari I had driven were old pieces of junk..no power, hard to shift etc. ...stuff from the 80s. The F430 is simply amazing. It has a fair amount of power/torque and could be driven every day, just like my 996TT.

On the other hand, I drove my CGT last night and there is no comparison... it feels like a wild cat...raw, and alive and you really feel connected to the road...I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear in the GT. It has way more power, really tight, fun steering. Additionally, it has a much better stereo (for whatever that is worth). It just feels like a race car designed for the street. The F430 is easier to get into, but also much more tame. Also the auto shifting F1 transmission is cool, but after awhile it feels jerky or abrupt...I like that "I" control the Carrera GT instead of it controlling me.

The F430 is a great sports car...the Carrera GT is truly an exotic car.
I don't know, they are both amazing...would you prefer chocolate or vanilla? <gr>

Chuck

Last edited by chucksweet; 07-10-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
tdf360 is infamous around these parts
the auto shifting F1 transmission is cool, but after awhile it feels jerky or abrupt...I like that "I" control the Carrera GT instead of it controlling me.
I'm sure you know a conventional 6-spd is available in the 430.

Gary

Old 07-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by tdf360
I'm sure you know a conventional 6-spd is available in the 430.

Gary
Yes, I did...but I thought you were "supposed" to get the F1 in the Ferrari. <gr>

Chuck

Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
tdf360 is infamous around these parts
Yes, I did...but I thought you were "supposed" to get the F1 in the Ferrari. <gr>

Chuck
You're right, there is tremendous pressure to go the F1 route...being a cantankerous old fart I just dug in my heels and ignored it.

Gary

Old 07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
The only other Ferrari I had driven were old pieces of junk..no power, hard to shift etc. ...stuff from the 80s. The F430 is simply amazing. It has a fair amount of power/torque and could be driven every day, just like my 996TT.

On the other hand, I drove my CGT last night and there is no comparison... it feels like a wild cat...raw, and alive and you really feel connected to the road...I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear in the GT. It has way more power, really tight, fun steering. Additionally, it has a much better stereo (for whatever that is worth). It just feels like a race car designed for the street. The F430 is easier to get into, but also much more tame. Also the auto shifting F1 transmission is cool, but after awhile it feels jerky or abrupt...I like that "I" control the Carrera GT instead of it controlling me.

The F430 is a great sports car...the Carrera GT is truly an exotic car.
I don't know, they are both amazing...would you prefer chocolate or vanilla? <gr>

Chuck
Hey Chuck, that is probably how i would feel about the 2 also, you seem to view cars how i do. I feel all of the newer Ferrari's and cars are just getting less appealing in the "drivers car" category, they just arent raw and fun anymore.

For me, im not a fan of F1 shifters, obviously in a car like an Enzo where its fully optimized i can cope with it, even an F430 seems great with its F1 tranny but 6 speed for me all the way.

If it were me and chocolate = f430 and vanilla = cgt, need i say more

You still have a stunning car though, and i bet its still alot more raw then a 996tt, although mine lightened up and RWD has no complaints from me anymore!

Martin

Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Congratulations Chuck

Your car looks just like my friends F430 Coupe. The F430 cars and Ferrari are on a totally different level. Just incredible.

You asked about modifications for the F430. Check out my website as I manufacture several performance parts for the F355, F360 and F430 cars. Your car sounds great right from the factory. However the factory quad tips are terrible and there is alot more power and even better F1 sounding sports car sound that is easily liberated by installing a set of fabspeed MAXFLO race sport catalytic converters.

FYI the F430 is a much much easier car to install exhaust parts as compared to F355/360 and Gallardos. Just drop the rear diffusier and undertray on a F430 and it is super easy...........compared to pulling the entire rear bumper assembly.

Check out the Videos on my website. You can really wake up the F430. I also stock BMC F1 airfilters and I have carbon fiber airbox coverlids for $1600/set too.

If you come by Fabspeed shop we can install too.

best regards
Joe Fabiani
www.fabspeed.com
info@fabspeed.com
215-646-4945
215-646-9828fax

Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I keep them in 1 big garage (but I am running out of room)
Again ! Congratz

Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on your new car... It's beautiful!

I just noticed that you have a 1997 993TT S in one of your garage pictures and then I saw it in your sig... That's one of my all time favorite cars!! What color is yours? Can you post some pictures of that beauty please... Thanks in advance.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:18 PM
tCarbon is infamous around these parts
Nice! Now you just need some CF .

Old 07-15-2006, 04:29 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Really happy for you...congratulations for the mighty example of " cavallino rampante "!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations

Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
bmwracer3 is infamous around these parts
nicely done...and I love your garage setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got my F430 today!!!