Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

How do you buy a new Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:16 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
/\/\/\

agreed. you can feel relatively safe buying a ferrari as you can probably sell it for near what you bought it for.

Buy a Lambo, and you'd be hosed.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:21 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbomx5

agreed. you can feel relatively safe buying a ferrari as you can probably sell it for near what you bought it for.

Buy a Lambo, and you'd be hosed.
Well I still feel has one of the worst cars for resale. My turbo got hosed in resale, and I don't think that there is any way a Lambo can get hit as bad as Porsches in resale. The turbo S's MSRP was approx 150k, I was lucky that I got 110k for it, so it dropped 40k in less than 2 years. My bro's 06 Carrera S w/ aerokit was approx 110k MSRP, when he went to get rid of it the Porsche sealer wouldn't even take it. They said they had 3 brand new ones they couldn't sell. so he got about 70k for it and it's not even a year old!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
we went to Europe to buy our 360 Spyder...kept the car for two years and sold it for about the same price we bought it for over the lake.

I guess you could just make a trip out of it if you've got the time.

Just a thought.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
This is good reading, thanks for the info.

Gary

Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jwa
That's why I love Lamborghini. You can walk in, see the car, drive it home.
There is a reason why.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
squid is infamous around these parts
You can buy secondhand cars that are still really new pretty readily. Go to a Ferrari dealership and you'll see 430s marked up to a good $250k+. Buy one of those from them and you'll have an "in", and the next time they start taking orders you'll get a chance to put a deposit with a place in line close enough to actually get a car.

I'm currently 400th on the waitlist for a 430 in LA, I'm not holding my breath.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Not all of the dealers and salesmen are asses, but there has been a lot of turnover the past 10-15 years. Some places for the better (i.e. Dallas - HUGE improvement), many places for the worse. I rarely get treated badly even at dealerships where I am a complete stranger, but the recption varies quite a bit from dealership to dealership.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:13 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
You don't buy Ferraris...Ferrari allows you to buy one!

Old 01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Mike S is infamous around these partsMike S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jwa
Well I still feel has one of the worst cars for resale. My turbo got hosed in resale, and I don't think that there is any way a Lambo can get hit as bad as Porsches in resale. The turbo S's MSRP was approx 150k, I was lucky that I got 110k for it, so it dropped 40k in less than 2 years. My bro's 06 Carrera S w/ aerokit was approx 110k MSRP, when he went to get rid of it the Porsche sealer wouldn't even take it. They said they had 3 brand new ones they couldn't sell. so he got about 70k for it and it's not even a year old!
lol you think resales are bad in the states thank god you don't live here

I bought my SL65 for 320k(with premium) and got $220 7 months later with 2,800 miles on the odo

The Turbo's go for around 310k, 3 years down the line with 15,000 miles you will be lucky to get 180k....

Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Mike S is infamous around these partsMike S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Black05GT
say you ordered an f430 spider now any idea how long the wait is? do you even know what model year you may get?

Thanks for the input.... these are just merely curiousity questions
That's the million dollar questions I put my deposit down 2 years ago and I'm still waiting. I eventually found a brand new 430 coupe and bought it for premium...

Old 01-28-2007, 12:42 AM
jamheg1101 is infamous around these parts
The ferrari dealer by me in bryn mar, PA has some new ferraris on the floor along with a jag xj220 and a F40. They have some great cars on the floor.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Mike S - Where abouts do you reside??

Old 01-28-2007, 02:16 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
I wonder what the PA dealer with new Ferraris on the floor is asking for them? If it was close to MSRP they would be gone in an instant.

FWIW, if you don't have an appointment, they charge $10 at the Ferrari dealership in Las Vegas just to come in to walk around. This is the Penske-Wynn dealership inside the Wynn hotel. They waive the fee if you are a guest in the hotel or a current F car owner.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jwa
That's why I love Lamborghini. You can walk in, see the car, drive it home.
Yeah, but there is only one Ferrari. Sorry Lamborghini isnt it!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SLA
I wonder what the PA dealer with new Ferraris on the floor is asking for them? If it was close to MSRP they would be gone in an instant.
I was in Algar picking up a car from being serviced this week. The "new" Ferrari is a 430 spider and it's nowhere close to sticker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you buy a new Ferrari?