Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Quattroporte questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:53 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
The Quattroporte never did a bad job!
The newer models with the new Transmission is definetely better...
It looks more exotic and luxurious than the S8...( which seems quite like a standard S8 to me ). Beleive Italy when speaking about cars...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
so Duo tranny is F1 with the "button" for auto...
Auto tranny is just Auto with manual mode(?)

well, putting the depreciation aside, how is the cost of service/maintenance for this compare to audi/bmw...etc?

am i asking too many questions...?
i dont feel "safe" when i ask salesperson about any questions about cars hahaha...

Last edited by Enilder; 02-01-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
My dad has a quattroporte and we love it. The car is beautiful and everyone stares. Atleast here in miami everyones got an A8, 7 series or S class, but the quattroporte, even though there are a few, is still exotic and is definately a head turner. The transmission is jerky but i'd take it over an automatic because it's funner to drive fast. By the way i read in a mag a while ago a comparisson between an M5 and quattroporte and the quattroporte was faster than it on the track, and ours has never had a problem, but we also use it pretty much only on weekends

Old 02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
My dad has a quattroporte and we love it. The car is beautiful and everyone stares. Atleast here in miami everyones got an A8, 7 series or S class, but the quattroporte, even though there are a few, is still exotic and is definately a head turner. The transmission is jerky but i'd take it over an automatic because it's funner to drive fast. By the way i read in a mag a while ago a comparisson between an M5 and quattroporte and the quattroporte was faster than it on the track, and ours has never had a problem, but we also use it pretty much only on weekends
yeah it will be his weekender. he has 5 cars now but nothing too great.
he loves his porsche but he wants a sedan.
thanks for the comment!

Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
I know that the QP has paddle shifters but what's so bad about that?

Anyone knows the time delay for shifting or compare to F1 gearbox from actual Ferrari models?

If I remember correctly, it has a button to change from paddleshifting to regular automatic, am I correct on that one?
never said they were bad. people in this thread were just *****ing about its transmission, which to me - has nothing wrong with it. unless of course you drive it in drive mode, your better of getting a damn 7 series

Old 02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nico
never said they were bad. people in this thread were just *****ing about its transmission, which to me - has nothing wrong with it. unless of course you drive it in drive mode, your better of getting a damn 7 series
sounds like a fun/luxurious track car

Old 02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, went to maserati dealer with my dad and sat in it.
He liked everything except the space in the car.
Then, we went to BMW, which was right next to it. He liked it...lol
BMW is indeed nice car but my dad probably won't getting it.

He likes the manual factor of the car but in this case, it seems like he has to choose one or the other hahaha

Well, I saw F430 Challenge in showroom and that made my day!!!

We will be testdriving maserati in about a month and who knows, he might change his mind(?)

Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 AM
keep us updated!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
yeap! i will be asking lots of questions but dont ban me
i will try to search

Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
The S8 and qporte are for two different purposes...I feel the qporte has a sort of exotic flair that the S8 doesnt really have and is most likely more fun to drive(I have only driven a qporte, not the new S8)...that being said, the Audi will make for a much more reliable machine and will have more outright power...either way, you really cant go wrong...

Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 AM
commendatore is infamous around these parts
And exactly how did you come to the conclusion that Audi is more reliable ?
Also there are a lot of Qporte users (check Fchat) who use the car as daily driver and they didn`t encounter any problem whatsoever.

You`re drawing your conclusion on reliability based on misconception.

I remebember the guys from M5board, they made the same comparos between M5 and Qporte, and of course their "beast" was more reliable, now go and take a look on M5 board and tell me what 5 or 10% didn`t had problems with their BMW.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by commendatore
And exactly how did you come to the conclusion that Audi is more reliable ?
Also there are a lot of Qporte users (check Fchat) who use the car as daily driver and they didn`t encounter any problem whatsoever.

You`re drawing your conclusion on reliability based on misconception.

I remebember the guys from M5board, they made the same comparos between M5 and Qporte, and of course their "beast" was more reliable, now go and take a look on M5 board and tell me what 5 or 10% didn`t had problems with their BMW.
so you are saying that audi isnt "more" reliable than masearti quattroporte?
do you have any experience with either or even BMW?
in 3 weeks, we will be going for testdrive.
i want to have a good idea of what to expect.

also, what's the market like for quattroporte and A8 or S8?
quattroporte seems to be on the exotic side yet not too expensive from S8/BMW 7series.
i know that it will be easy for me to negotiate the price for audi/BMW

thank you guys!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 AM
commendatore is infamous around these parts
read my reply again I didn`t say that Qporte is more reliable than the S8, i pointed out that you based your judgement on a misconception.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:05 PM
all cars have their maintenance issues.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
squid is infamous around these parts
I have the coupe, not the 4-porte. The engine is the same, and what a motor it is...maintenance isn't horrible but the only issue is if it breaks you have to take it to a Ferrari dealer, which there aren't too many of. The duoselect is pretty decent as far as flappy paddle shifters go but I went with the manual anyways. It's better than the BMW one I drove several years ago by a wide margin. The auto has a wet sump oil system so you can go anywhere for oil changes, the duoselect has a dry sump system.

It's the only mid-engined 4-door on the planet as far as I know, so the handling is supposed to be amazing. The Skyhook system is excellent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroporte questions.