Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Quattroporte questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by commendatore
And exactly how did you come to the conclusion that Audi is more reliable ?
Also there are a lot of Qporte users (check Fchat) who use the car as daily driver and they didn`t encounter any problem whatsoever.

You`re drawing your conclusion on reliability based on misconception.

I remebember the guys from M5board, they made the same comparos between M5 and Qporte, and of course their "beast" was more reliable, now go and take a look on M5 board and tell me what 5 or 10% didn`t had problems with their BMW.

The quattroporte that I was driving had a series of problems which the dealership still cant figure out whats wrong with...

Even though that is a specific case...the Italian built car WILL simply be less reliable and way harder to fix on any given day...

Old 02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sechsgang
the Italian built car WILL simply be less reliable and way harder to fix on any given day...
less reliable? harder to fix?

did you mean more expensive to fix?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
The quattroporte that I was driving had a series of problems which the dealership still cant figure out whats wrong with...
was it a pre-06 model by any chance?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:18 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
yes, it was a 2005 made built in 2004.

I am aware the 06+ are significently better built then the ones before it...and in fact, I have an appointement to drive the automatic sport GT this Friday.

As for the expense, oh hell ya these babies can get expensive to fix...BUT if you are under warrentee...your fine...but when your not, you just have to remember that you are buying ferrari parts...and themz is spensive!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
yes, it was a 2005 made built in 2004.

I am aware the 06+ are significently better built then the ones before it...and in fact, I have an appointement to drive the automatic sport GT this Friday.

As for the expense, oh hell ya these babies can get expensive to fix...BUT if you are under warrentee...your fine...but when your not, you just have to remember that you are buying ferrari parts...and themz is spensive!
and the warranty expires in 2 years right?
drive 2 years and return it i guess?

Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
they're making automatic sport gt's? i wasnt aware of that; although i suggest you try out a F1 sport gt before the automatic since the shift times are 35% faster then a regular quattroporte

Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nico
they're making automatic sport gt's? i wasnt aware of that; although i suggest you try out a F1 sport gt before the automatic since the shift times are 35% faster then a regular quattroporte
Are the faster shifts only in the Sport GT or in the base model too? And is the auto trans only in the sport as well and does the auto cost extra?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by sal
Are the faster shifts only in the Sport GT or in the base model too? And is the auto trans only in the sport as well and does the auto cost extra?
as far as i know..according to seriouswheels.com and other car sources; this is supposed to be one of the features of the Sport GT, along with a special carbon fiber interior trim, 20 inch wheels, and a blacked out front grill. i'm not sure if this is the same with the regular quattroporte or executive gt quattroporte...

the automatic transmission to my knowledge, is available on the regular quattroporte ('07-). however, i wasn't aware that it IS or would be available on the sport GT since it would seem useless for it. Though, i wouldn't be surprised if it were available on the executive GT. I havent been informed about the cost on the auto transmission..

Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah Sport GT has some "sports" features such as rims, CF trim.
Executive GT has "better" leather and etc.
I think Auto is for regular quattroporte and Sport GT and Executive GT have the paddle shifter. (I saw both of them with Paddle shifter but not sure if it's option)

Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
You can get the Quattroporte with a regular, old-fashioned automatic transmission. Personally, I like the Quattroporte. It's fun to drive and something that few folks have. I borrowed a friends car in New York a few weeks ago. Drove it to an event at a club. Was the only Quattroporte and the car that everyone noticed. (Not just because I was there with 3 women, I assure you).

Also, sequentials shouldn't be compared to autos. They're not intended to be autos. They're sequentials with a convenience feature. Which is different.

My wife drove an A8L in the Bullrun last summer. We picked up a year-old 2005 with 2k miles for $52,000. Original MSRP was $78-ish. Sold the car a week later with 7k miles for $47,000. Was a great car to drive. Lots of room for luggage. Pretty stealth on the road.

If I were picking up a luxo-car for to transport me and friends in the post-meridian hours, I'd go Quattroporte all day. If I were looking for a fun daily that was faster than it should be to provide fun while commuting... I'd get a Twin Turbo. (Or an S8 if I needed a back seat).

Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by emilgh
You can get the Quattroporte with a regular, old-fashioned automatic transmission. Personally, I like the Quattroporte. It's fun to drive and something that few folks have. I borrowed a friends car in New York a few weeks ago. Drove it to an event at a club. Was the only Quattroporte and the car that everyone noticed. (Not just because I was there with 3 women, I assure you).

Also, sequentials shouldn't be compared to autos. They're not intended to be autos. They're sequentials with a convenience feature. Which is different.

My wife drove an A8L in the Bullrun last summer. We picked up a year-old 2005 with 2k miles for $52,000. Original MSRP was $78-ish. Sold the car a week later with 7k miles for $47,000. Was a great car to drive. Lots of room for luggage. Pretty stealth on the road.

If I were picking up a luxo-car for to transport me and friends in the post-meridian hours, I'd go Quattroporte all day. If I were looking for a fun daily that was faster than it should be to provide fun while commuting... I'd get a Twin Turbo. (Or an S8 if I needed a back seat).
Twin Turbo...?

Old 02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
Twin Turbo...?
997TT. :-)

Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
they have a "sport GT" auto at Algar. However, its not like the "SPORT GT" model that has the sequential...its like, they call it more of a sports package on an auto car...thats what the salesman and the sticker lead me to believe...

I personally love the Sport GT, but I am test driving this car for a $100 gift certificate to Flemmings Stake house....

I just got an RS6 anyway, not in the mood for a new car...yet...

Old 02-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by emilgh
997TT. :-)
I thought you meant TT quattroporte, so i was like

they have a "sport GT" auto at Algar. However, its not like the "SPORT GT" model that has the sequential...its like, they call it more of a sports package on an auto car...thats what the salesman and the sticker lead me to believe...

I personally love the Sport GT, but I am test driving this car for a $100 gift certificate to Flemmings Stake house....

I just got an RS6 anyway, not in the mood for a new car...yet...
Yeah, I think Sport GT is the way to go, unless you want more luxury.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:08 AM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
Sport GT is available in auto or F1 paddles, and carbon fiber trim is an exclusive option to this model, but you can still get wood (but wood rimmed steering wheel is NOT an option). Simply put, the F1 duo select is for the sporty-type driver who likes to be "involved" with the driving, whereas the automatic is a no-brainer, put-into-drive-and-go 4 door Ferrari. I'll take the automatic, thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroporte questions.