Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Quattroporte questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Quattroporte questions.

Hello.
My dad is currently looking for a luxury vehicle and he narrowed it down to Audi S/A8 and 760Li.
Well, there was another thread about this (made by someone else) in other forum and people were saying Quattroporte.
I totally forgot about it and I thought it was really expensive and out of price range but it seems like it's about low 100,000.

Well, just curious if anyone had/has experience with Quattroporte models. (I think there are 3 different models)

One of guys said there are quite few problems with the vehicle especially transmission.

Anybody can suggest any car with opinions?

Thank you.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
So nobody had any experience/comments about it?
This car must suck lol

Old 01-30-2007, 06:22 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
Not to intrude on your question, but my dad's in the same predicament as yours. He's currently got a MB S430 and is looking for either the new S550 or a quattroporte, just regular not the sport or executive, anyone have anything to say about either car?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
I love the a8l so confy in the back.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
For a daily driver, if you don't need the Quattro, I'd buy a QP over a 760Li anyday. They just released a full automatic version, which eliminates the biggest gripe about the car. It's a beautiful car, make sure you get one with the OE 19".

With that being said, I'd take an S8 over anything for a DD right now.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would get the S8 also, More relieable and slightly faster than the Quattroporte.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Muju is infamous around these parts
the quattroporte is a heap of ****!

thank you

Old 01-31-2007, 02:57 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Muju
the quattroporte is a heap of ****!

thank you
it's not bad, at least the new and improved transmission on the sport gt isn't. you might want to tell your dad to take a look at the newer quattroportes with the new automatic transmission. i've haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but i still love the F1 cambiocorsa transmission on my sport GT
(drive mode on the F1 gearbox is horrible though, but thats what the newer quattroportes are for an actual AUTOMATIC gearbox)

Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 AM
commendatore is infamous around these parts
Quattroporte reviews

http://www.autocarmagazine.com/CarRe...T-Auto/223819/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_d...page=1&sid=402

http://www.channel4.com/4car/di/mase...roporte/6974/5

The car is just amazing, the old problem with the tranny was resolved.
Also in Europe the depreciation was insignifiant, the Quattroporte has the best handling in it`s class by far - check EVO`s track tests, and it`s a spectacular car.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
For a daily driver, if you don't need the Quattro, I'd buy a QP over a 760Li anyday. They just released a full automatic version, which eliminates the biggest gripe about the car. It's a beautiful car, make sure you get one with the OE 19".

With that being said, I'd take an S8 over anything for a DD right now.
I agree with this 100%...

Not to mention the S8 can be had loaded for less than a mildly optioned QP. The 760Li is a non-starter...

Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM
oneflystud is infamous around these parts
the porte is classy, far more classy than the audi or the bmw, no doubt the most beautiful saloon out of the trio and handles the best.
Get the maserati.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey! finally some comments! Really appreciate it.

So, what was the actual problem from the tranny that held back customers to get one?

Maybe, I should've made a poll...darn it!

But what so far, S8 > QP according to people from here and other forums.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nico
it's not bad, at least the new and improved transmission on the sport gt isn't. you might want to tell your dad to take a look at the newer quattroportes with the new automatic transmission. i've haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but i still love the F1 cambiocorsa transmission on my sport GT
(drive mode on the F1 gearbox is horrible though, but thats what the newer quattroportes are for an actual AUTOMATIC gearbox)
I know that the QP has paddle shifters but what's so bad about that?

Anyone knows the time delay for shifting or compare to F1 gearbox from actual Ferrari models?

If I remember correctly, it has a button to change from paddleshifting to regular automatic, am I correct on that one?

Old 01-31-2007, 02:59 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Enlider, yes it does have a button but it's not as smooth as a regular Auto tranny. It's a bit jerky with the shifts and to enjoy driving it, pressing the Sport button makes a big difference. I like the Quatroporte, it's beautiful but not without problems. The new S8 is as solid as they come and that engine is a peach. If you're feeling adventerous, get the Quatroporte, it's certainly different than the others but like anything beautiful, it's flawed as well.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I really appreciate the response.
So, I guess Quattroporte is more on the sports side than luxurious side like S8(?) because of jerky tranny.
Yet, S8 outperforms Quattroporte.

Maybe he should wait for new Porsche Panamera. hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroporte questions.