Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Can YOU afford a Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Can YOU afford a Ferrari?

NO, as I continue to prove every day . . .

Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
NO, as I continue to prove every day . . .
Psh. You have not yet begun to prove it.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:21 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Simba
Psh. You have not yet begun to prove it.
away from me, Satan!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
moral of the story: dont keep a ferrari for more than 2 years

Old 02-08-2007, 07:17 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Exactly. Hell, the first service on the MB SLR (1-3k), they pull the motor and replace the spark plugs.
Damn...is that real??

Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pilone
Damn...is that real??
Yes, you are supposed to, but I have had a customer decide he would hold off for a couple more thousand miles.

Hell, a 4 wheel brake job costs over $45K.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:01 AM
acbimmer is infamous around these parts
lol that guy had the wheels redone like 6 times

Old 02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah, and he went through, like, 48 tires in a couple of weeks. No wonder the car needed service all the time, 'cause he musta been drivin' the dog**** out of it . . .

Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
My friend just had a cam seal leak fixed and the belt service done on his F355. The bill came to $12,800. To me that is nonsense. I love the looks of the 355 over my 911 any day, but c'mon. That's the price of a low end civic. I guess I am too cheap to be a Ferrari owner.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Bike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the roughBike is a jewel in the rough
I havent spend a single dime yet and already own my F355 for 9 months now (5k miles driven). So sofar it's cheap but I know my engine-out service (belts) have to be done in april/may 07 So I'm looking at approx. 5k$ (wanna add some other stuff aswell at the same time).

I don't think (most) F owners care about service costs....it's all part of ownership in my opinion.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
While I agree prices for repairs may be exorbinate, the frequency isn't that bad if you compare it to other precision made vehicles. (ie - racecars) The lower the tolerances, the higher the performance. But sometimes parts also wear faster that way. Try servicing a 997 Cup car. When engine life is meassured in hours, and shocks need to be rebuilt every couple races...

Old 02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
That is such a bull**** article. There's more jealousy being spewed in there over actual facts. A lot of the things mentioned were from the owner being careless or adding mods. The rest aren't out of line with repairing a Porsche out of warranty.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Romancer is infamous around these parts
away from me, Satan!
hahah

Old 02-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Romancer
hahah
You have no idea. He is much worse than I am describing. If you like your car, don't EVER let him get started on what it could / should be, and how he can help you get there . . .

Old 02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
You have no idea. He is much worse than I am describing. If you like your car, don't EVER let him get started on what it could / should be, and how he can help you get there . . .
You're getting off easy. We could be talking forced induction as well, y'know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can YOU afford a Ferrari?