Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Can YOU afford a Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:37 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Personally, regardless of this issue, I think Keith Martin is full of it and a totally self promoting slimeballer.

In regards to this report specifically, I have owned 6 Fcars, none bought new, and have had very few problems and very little expense other than maintanance. If you have a good independant(Hi Brian Crall) who is fair, service costs are about 1/2 the big dealer prices.
In fact, over the last say 3 years, I have had more mechanical issues with my porsches than the ferraris. This may not be fair as the pcars are modified more, but the scare tactic of KM is just a way to sell himself imo.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Article is BS.
Yes Older Ferraris are more expensive to maintain than the ones made from 1999 (F360) and up but that article is def. bs. $125 to replace license plate thingy? Outtttttaaaa here!
My monkey could do the same job for a $.10 cents banana.

Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Yes, you are supposed to, but I have had a customer decide he would hold off for a couple more thousand miles.

Hell, a 4 wheel brake job costs over $45K.
damn u just broke my heart. My favorite car is this expensive to maintain?

Old 04-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
You guys ever price out a clutch job on a carrera GT...

Old 04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
NVG DRIVER is infamous around these parts
Humm...

I'm still picking one up (550) in Nov, I talked to my Future Ferrari Tech.
and the price of call for service was 1/2 the cost of the dealer. Nope
the article did NOT change my mind! "Go Forth With Great Vigor"

ed

Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NVG DRIVER
Humm...

I'm still picking one up (550) in Nov, I talked to my Future Ferrari Tech.
and the price of call for service was 1/2 the cost of the dealer. Nope
the article did NOT change my mind! "Go Forth With Great Vigor"

ed
It's really not bad at all. The Major service minus belts at an authorized dealer for our 550 was ~800 (changed ALL fluids). With belts and EVERYTHING else it MIGHT be 3k.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
chains = the ****

Old 04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
chains = the ****
Belts = $$$