Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari waiting list now 24 to 36 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 AM
GDautosport is infamous around these partsGDautosport is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Well what you said used to be the case, but now everything has changed. Ferrari no longer mandates you have to sell new cars at MSRP, so all the people who bought used 430s and 360 for retarded prices are screwed. A lot of dealers are just saying tough ****, its 80k over or more and if you don't like sue me, but don't forget we don't have a contract. There is no certainty with ferraris these days and I would be very carefull with buying used cars over market value. Honestly if you can't buy one at msrp from the dealer I would either pay the market price for a new car, or not do anything at all. The whole "you are a customer if you buy a used car" thing is pretty much extinct.

Everything at Ferrari is changing just be careful guys.
i'm not sure when selling new over msrp by ferrari is being implemented. Do you have any thoughts on how soon that would happen?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
My though had always been MSRP the "suggested" means the dealer will try to sell it for as much as they can get

Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GDautosport
i'm not sure when selling new over msrp by ferrari is being implemented. Do you have any thoughts on how soon that would happen?
It happened a few weeks ago.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE
That's strange. I just bought an 04 575 from Boardwalk and they were very competitive on my price. I was happy with the transaction. I could maybe understand if it was a Spider but that's kinda strange for a 360 Coupe?

Edit: That's one of the best looking 360 coupes I've seen. It looks like it has some great options. Maybe that justfied their price?
Were talking about something completely different. If you just buy a used car then the prices are normal. If you are buying a used car to get the oppertunity to order a new one, that's when they are jacking the prices up. It really only works for 430s and late model 360s.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM
GDautosport is infamous around these partsGDautosport is infamous around these parts
It happened a few weeks ago.
I was questioning it, because I was just at two different dealers, both of which agreed that it will be happening soon, though not that soon.

Also a lot of people will have their deposit slips and many of them even have contracts for future delivery at msrp. On mine it says as per msrp on delivery date.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by GDautosport
I was questioning it, because I was just at two different dealers, both of which agreed that it will be happening soon, though not that soon.

Also a lot of people will have their deposit slips and many of them even have contracts for future delivery at msrp. On mine it says as per msrp on delivery date.
Yeah but until you have a VIN or a Serial that doesn't mean jack. They can order whatever cars they want and just keep telling you your spot in line isn't up yet, there is no way to know exactly which car is yours. I was just saying be careful, I don't know who your dealer is or what they will do. My dealer was awsome, they even called FNA to try and get the mandatory 599 price increase removed even though they knew they could sell at whatever price they wanted. Everything depends on your dealer.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah but until you have a VIN or a Serial that doesn't mean jack. They can order whatever cars they want and just keep telling you your spot in line isn't up yet, there is no way to know exactly which car is yours. I was just saying be careful, I don't know who your dealer is or what they will do. My dealer was awsome, they even called FNA to try and get the mandatory 599 price increase removed even though they knew they could sell at whatever price they wanted. Everything depends on your dealer.
agree, def depends on the dealer and the customer.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Your dealer, or your dads?

Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
Your dealer, or your dads?
Mine*...

Old 05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Hehe, I'm just messin' with ya.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned
chbak014 is a jewel in the roughchbak014 is a jewel in the roughchbak014 is a jewel in the roughchbak014 is a jewel in the rough
yeah i have a client who wants a 599 now, but the prices are crazy!!!!
btw, anyone here have a lead to a black on black 599????
obviously its going to be over MSRP, but my client still wants one.
Please PM me. i've been looking, lowest i found was 180 over sticker up to 205 over sticker...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:55 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
The way I see it.... "F-Ferrari"

Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE
That's strange. I just bought an 04 575 from Boardwalk and they were very competitive on my price. I was happy with the transaction. I could maybe understand if it was a Spider but that's kinda strange for a 360 Coupe?

Edit: That's one of the best looking 360 coupes I've seen. It looks like it has some great options. Maybe that justfied their price?
The price may have been justified but it was a bit high for me. I am just stating that I got the "you buy a used from us before you can get on the waiting list" comment.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:23 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
i ordered my 2007 430 spyder last week and speced it out exactly the way i wanted.

i have never bought a ferrari before

i have an actual build date with my name on the actual car ... coming in 2-3 months

i paid a lot over sticker ... but still less than what 2006 cars are being sold for

but i do know that it is extremely difficult ... i have been trying to get on the list for 2 years ... i think he just got sick of me coming in to the dealership

Old 05-13-2007, 11:47 PM
vishnus11 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OKHJOON190
i ordered my 2007 430 spyder last week and speced it out exactly the way i wanted.

i have never bought a ferrari before

i have an actual build date with my name on the actual car ... coming in 2-3 months

i paid a lot over sticker ... but still less than what 2006 cars are being sold for

but i do know that it is extremely difficult ... i have been trying to get on the list for 2 years ... i think he just got sick of me coming in to the dealership
wow! you must have REALLY bugged your dealer

It'll be interesting to see how Ferrari deals with this surge in demand and pricing issues. Its going to be hard for them to maintain their exclusitivity without pissing off potential clients who find themselves having to wait for over 2 years to acquire their new Ferrari.

I guess you gotta "pay to play".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.