Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari waiting list now 24 to 36 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Glad you're going into it with that mentality!!! You'll definitely enjoy it.

Also, if such a bubble burst ever exists where a Ferrari can be bought slightly used for .50 on the dollar, we'll have bigger things to worry about that our car's depreciation.

Last edited by WyattH; 05-15-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
squid is infamous around these parts
Over 2 years on the wait list, not a peep. My "spot" will never come up, I think it's naive to believe otherwise. Ferraris are amazing, but there are other cars out there. If I wanted to spend 250k I could get a 612 easy, so no way I'll spend that for a 430.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
ok ... I got the full low-down from an inside source ... If I want a F-430 spec'd out "MAYBE" to my liking ... I have to walk into the dealership and buy a 430 off the floor at full premium market price ... Then I get to order a car and I can't order the car in any weird colors like "white", they won't let you ... When my spec'd out car comes in, the dealer will buy back the first 430 back from me at msrp ... The new 430 is mine and I'm not allowed to sell it privately or to anyone else except to the dealer at list ... I think I remember mileage restrictions but not sure about that part.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Sounds like the communist party is still alive and all working for Ferrari. This post has dampened my dreams of owning one. What happened to the days when spending $200K on a car also bought you certain privileges & respect that set these exotics apart? I feel sorry for those who put aside their principles to get bent over hard!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
then i guess you feel sorry for everyone who drives a new ferrari

Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
ok ... I got the full low-down from an inside source ... If I want a F-430 spec'd out "MAYBE" to my liking ... I have to walk into the dealership and buy a 430 off the floor at full premium market price ... Then I get to order a car and I can't order the car in any weird colors like "white", they won't let you ... When my spec'd out car comes in, the dealer will buy back the first 430 back from me at msrp ... The new 430 is mine and I'm not allowed to sell it privately or to anyone else except to the dealer at list ... I think I remember mileage restrictions but not sure about that part.
That's the low-down I got.

How do they restrict you from selling the car? And how do they restrict mileage? That sounds stupid--it's personal property, I don't see how they could restrict your use of it legally.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
1. How do they restrict you from selling the car?
they cannot restrict you ... but they will never sell you another car ... blackballed from ferrari

2. And how do they restrict mileage?
since they are setting the price that they will buy it back from you ... they will take a discount if it goes above the miles they allow

3. legally they cant restrict you ... basically they can do anything they want ... you are stuck in the contract while they can get out any way they want

Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OKHJOON190
then i guess you feel sorry for everyone who drives a new ferrari
Actually, NOW I do...but it's a still a free country and it's not my hard earned money either. Alot of us have the means to go buy a new Ferrari, but to be restricted and lowballed just to drive one seems foolish.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Sounds like gray market is the way to go. China is getting tons now I hear.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Hmm I love the cars but hate the politics behind the scenes. Seems brutal for first time buyers - - yuppies who are now making money that didn't grow up with much. And that's extremely unfortunate.

Squid - Are you implying getting one shipped in from China??

Old 05-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
isn't this whole debacle one of the reasons Mr. Lambo went out and start his own F-car competitor?

Old 05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I love the F430 spyder but paying anywhere near 300 k is way too much in my book I will take a slightly used Carrera GT for 350 any day of the week before I dropped 300 k on the FCar.

As fas as the economy did you miss the Retail Sales report that just came out showing the worst sales drop since 1970?

Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
Squid - Are you implying getting one shipped in from China??
There are gray market ones around, and they tend to be a bit cheaper. I don't have a clue about importation, but I know Ferrari has been relying on China for their growth as of late (so as to preserve exclusivity in other markets) so I'd guess there are plenty of cars to be had there. All speculation.

As to getting blackballed by Ferrari...they refuse to sell me a car NOW (been on the wait list for 3 years) so their refusal to sell me a car later is not a threat.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Hmmm... I donno if someone is ready to drop $300K on any car they'd be affected by the daily economic trends that bother us "normal" people

Old 05-16-2007, 01:26 PM
at the end of the day ... buy whatever makes you happy

its all a personal choice

im sure someone would not buy a 150k - 300k car if they were living paycheck to paycheck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.