Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari waiting list now 24 to 36 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by buddyg

As fas as the economy did you miss the Retail Sales report that just came out showing the worst sales drop since 1970?
Does it include the affulent luxury market?

Old 05-16-2007, 04:51 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Paul N
Does it include the affulent luxury market?
Not really, in fact Saks posted a 11.7% gain and other luxury brands did okay as well, however, medium to upper end stores such as Gap, American Eagle also posted poor results. A lot of factors contributed to a poor showing in retail. High gas prices, March stealing sales from April due to Easter, weather....blah, blah, blah. It will be interesting to see what May brings and if April was just a confluence of events as many are saying.

Personally, I would love to see savings rates go up and credit utilization go down. Snowballs chance that will happen.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Tony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of light
Man, after reading through this entire thread I certainly know what fine automobile isn't in my future any time soon, or AT ALL for that matter.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Booost This is infamous around these parts
I don't see myself ever spending more than $225k for a ferrari and $300k for a lambo. If I was to spend over $300k for a car, I would step to the Pagani platform.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
You said it brother! Difference for me is if I'm even considering a car in the $200-300K range, I would buy a GT3 RS and blow the rest on hookers...

I mean... respectable lady friends.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Pagani is 2X+ the price of your $300K tag.

What about LP (coupe or roadster) that sell for MSRP but are over $300k?

Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM
aston martin is infamous around these parts
ferrari does all that, while aston martin almost begs for people to buy its cars
get treated poorly by ferrari and feel small
or
buy an aston where youll be treated how someone whos dropping that kind of money should be treated

Old 05-17-2007, 05:51 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aston martin
ferrari does all that, while aston martin almost begs for people to buy its cars
get treated poorly by ferrari and feel small
or
buy an aston where youll be treated how someone whos dropping that kind of money should be treated
the reason they beg is because their cars break down so much

i would rather spend more money and drive a more reliable car then have to spend half my time driving a rental

astons also depreciate right off the lot

Old 05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
aston martin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OKHJOON190
the reason they beg is because their cars break down so much

i would rather spend more money and drive a more reliable car then have to spend half my time driving a rental

astons also depreciate right off the lot
agreed. I meant to say it from aston martins point of view, but failed at wording it correctly. Basicly, I wanted to say ferrari can put its customers through that hastle before selling them the car, While companies like aston are on their knees.

Last edited by aston martin; 05-17-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
agreed. I meant to say it from aston martins point of view, but failed at wording it correctly. Basicly, I wanted to say ferrari can put its customers through that hastle before selling them the car, While companies like aston are on their knees.
Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I saw a 2 year "used" Aston Martin Vanquish selling for almost less than 50% of new MSRP... I was just in shock. I mean, there are plenty of cars with crappy reliability but I just don't understand why with Astons they drop so much.... is it just cause they're in a whole different market?

Old 05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
call me crazy, but if i was in charge of a company in a similar situation as Ferrari i would be grateful of my current popularity and would use it to bank up customer loyality via quality service and products.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
wch
wch is infamous around these parts
Tommy, despite what you may read online, Ferrari has many very loyal customers and its recent products have been remarkably reliable, given the very low build quantities.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wch
Tommy, despite what you may read online, Ferrari has many very loyal customers and its recent products have been remarkably reliable, given the very low build quantities.
i understand that they have good products and loyal customers...now, what i am saying is from all of these horror stories they seem to have let success go to there head.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
the only horror story i see is that there is too much demand for their supply ... i havent heard anything bad about their actual products' reliability or problems with their service in regards to their warranty.

let me ask anyone here a question

if you owned a business that sold a product with limited supply ... wouldn't you maximize profits as much as you could?

yes i understand that they shouldnt treat potential customers like this ... but can you blame them for milking their product as much as they do?

look to me like the only issue with ferrari occurs while a potential new buyer purchases a new car

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned
Well, like I said before, seems like Ferrari has been doing it since the beginning... I think that's how they pissed Mr. Lambo off and he went off to start his own company.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.