Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Another 1 bites the dust - Supercar OUCH!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
saw that guy on Fith Gear via Joost. he seems like a really fun guy.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jox
Jokes aside - it says it wasn't even Mr. Mountain driving - says it was his mechanic. (Dietrich?)
No idea why he chose to do that, but that's what i read too.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
StealthAuto997 is infamous around these parts
Ouch!! I'd be suing for more than 300,000 pounds..

Old 06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
Driving a limited run Ferrari or Maserati on the street especial in the snow is disrespectful to the engineers, designers, and workers who put so much effort into making something so amazing. EAF would never want any of his cars in the hands of such people. Has anyone even scene the episode of 5th gear where the same guy thrashes his MC12. He is a typical 1%er with enough money to buy everything auto related other then driving skill, knowledge and common sense.

If the bus company was smart and the driver hadn’t admitted fault I would go straight to the video of the frank running a 600hp exotic with summer tires in the snow into a wall. Some poor guy in Italy put hours of work into that paint job and probably has arthritis from wet sanding all day. It just seems like such a shameful waste to me. Ferrari is all about heart and soul of driving not money. They make enough cars to financially take care of their F1 department so they can keep racing, that’s what the company was founded on. If they wanted to make as much money as possible they would probably assimilate Porsche, the most profitable automaker. Its just too bad most go to people who don’t know what the car is for.

I drive all of my cars hard, some even sit outside (despite the badge or cost), but if I am driving along and some rocks gets kicked up and spray my front end and windshield I would be pist. Yes it can be fixed, but it’s my car and I value it. Frank has enough money he doesn’t value his belongings. If you ever put in the hours working on a car, exotic or otherwise, you will learn to respect it. Not knowing how to fill his washer fluid bottle and breaking it in the process, are you serious?

Italian sports car manufactures need to come out with the F.Mountain edition made of reinforced plate armor with crush proof panels sprayed with line-x instead of paint. When you can’t tell the difference between something so impressive as an MC12 and a snowmobile you should trade in the Enzo to someone more deserving and get a personal short bus. If your defending people disrespecting these engineering monuments, and moving works of art you need to join frank on his little bus. The title of this thread is a sad truth.
Its comments like these that make internet forums suck these days. You clearly have no concept of what enzo ferrari was about whatsoever. First off he didn't give a **** about his customers or the cars he sold them as long as it paid the bills for F1. Second Enzo was a racer, not some whiny little girl like you who loves to keep the cars in the garage all year.

This guy takes his cars out drives them and appreciates them, if he totals the enzo more power to him for driving hard. He is rich, who cares if the car gets wrecked, he will buy another one. You think he gets Enzos and MC12s because the italians hate him so much? Learn a little bit more about ferrari and their politics before you start spewing your nonesense next time.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
hahaha i just read more of this thread and it makes me laugh even harder. I didn't know Frank was F1 cliente, that's awsome! Talk about a dream come true. I tell you what, I would so much rather sit in the office and make enough money to own a Ferrari F1 car and pay them to fix the damn thing than be able to work on any car in the world. If you want to work on cars be a mechanic, if you want race them you probably need a job that pays a little better.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
If you pay for it, you dam better be able to do whatever your heart desires with it. Its funny when people think everything is black or white and since they think it should be a certain way everyone needs to think the same way or they are wrong. Dammm that pisses me off... Some people like to drive it, some like to put it in their garage and look at it, and some just want to stroke it....

Old 06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RAW-MEAN
If you pay for it, you dam better be able to do whatever your heart desires with it. Its funny when people think everything is black or white and since they think it should be a certain way everyone needs to think the same way or they are wrong. Dammm that pisses me off... Some people like to drive it, some like to put it in their garage and look at it, and some just want to stroke it....
Mr.Kid has hinted your a stroker unlike him. Is this true?....j/k

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-16-2007, 08:01 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i nver really like enzo's looks but with shred marks, knowing the guy hammers it, i can live with them. guy's a true F man

Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
I didnt read all the b/s but all I have to say is

1) damn that sucks another Enzo got hurt
2) WAY TO GO to the owner for actually getting out and driving it and not making it a trailer queen or a garage ornament

Old 06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
This is pure comedy...

Old 06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Driving a limited run Ferrari or Maserati on the street especial in the snow is disrespectful to the engineers, designers, and workers who put so much effort into making something so amazing. EAF would never want any of his cars in the hands of such people. Has anyone even scene the episode of 5th gear where the same guy thrashes his MC12. He is a typical 1%er with enough money to buy everything auto related other then driving skill, knowledge and common sense.

Are you kidding? First of all, I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that when you buy a car you in turn OWE THE FACTORY something. No, I didn't think it worked like that. If anything, it's disrespectful and discourteous of you to expect him to not enjoy his expensive investment.

He wouldn't want his cars in the hands of people who use them what they were meant for...? Hmmm, interesting.

Some poor guy in Italy put hours of work into that paint job and probably has arthritis from wet sanding all day. It just seems like such a shameful waste to me. Ferrari is all about heart and soul of driving not money. They make enough cars to financially take care of their F1 department so they can keep racing, that’s what the company was founded on. If they wanted to make as much money as possible they would probably assimilate Porsche, the most profitable automaker. Its just too bad most go to people who don’t know what the car is for.
LOL, if thats the case, you better get rid of your cars right now to spare yourself a hypocrisy label. Oh, I guess you didn't know that virtually every piece of leather and stitching in your car is done by those poor workers in third world countries?

Every dust particle and piece of wear you put on those seats is more time of theirs wasted. Why are you wasting their hard work? Stop putting wear on your seats and upholstery!

Hell, for that matter, better throw away your clothes which are made by the same people, and if I ever catch you spilling something on them or taking them on your lawn I will be sure to send you a complaint and remind you of those poor kids.

Ferrari is all about heart and soul of driving, yet you are censuring this guy .. for.. driving. That's not a contradiction at all.

I drive all of my cars hard, some even sit outside (despite the badge or cost), but if I am driving along and some rocks gets kicked up and spray my front end and windshield I would be pist. Yes it can be fixed, but it’s my car and I value it. Frank has enough money he doesn’t value his belongings. If you ever put in the hours working on a car, exotic or otherwise, you will learn to respect it. Not knowing how to fill his washer fluid bottle and breaking it in the process, are you serious?

Ok, because I'm sure if we had as much money as him, we would value every $100 repair and get pissed at every small expense. Come on now... Let's try to keep it real...

You don't even know him to judge. Be fair about it.

Last edited by bavariamotorist; 06-19-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Btw my current favorite car I reupholstered the dash, door panels, seats, and carpet to a different color. I do know how to sew, I do know how to paint, I do know how to take care of my own belongings, and yes I do have enough money to pay someone else to do it and not care about it if I pleased. No one values their belongings anymore was the point I was trying to make. Most owners respect these cars but majorities ruin them by doing stupid things. That’s why we end up with websites like wreckedexotics. Stupid people buy these expensive exotic cars and think they will make up for their poor driving ability or make them invincible just to end up wrecking. Stefan Eriksson is another great example, He had two Enzo’s and never should have owned one. You don’t have to know frank very well to realize he’s not very bright when it comes to cars he would probably give up at getting the undertray off to do an oil change. Most car owners take little time to understand the car let alone how to drive them and it just pisses me off. A Ferrari especial because it is a driver’s car.

A great example of this is Lewis Hamilton. Ron Dennis helped sculpt him into what he is now. Before he was given the opportunity to drive the car Ron made sure he understood every aspect of it mechanically so he could push it that much faster. Does a driver need to know as much as an engineer to be a good driver? No, but look at what happens when one does.

The majority of people who drive Ferrari’s drive them just because it’s a status symbol to them and a means to attention. They cannot be appreciated for what they are on the street. Unless you are condoning reckless driving and speeding? I have enough tickets thanks to fast red cars to understand this now. There are vary few people who genuinely love to drive their car on public roads, and even if they are only going the speed limit, they respect what they are in and it creates an experience that only a hand built Ferrari can deliver.

Why don’t you grow up and quit coming into posts and picking apart and misconstruing things that people say. This isn’t a high school debate, and it’s just my opinion you don’t have to agree.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Btw my current favorite car I reupholstered the dash, door panels, seats, and carpet to a different color. I do know how to sew, I do know how to paint, I do know how to take care of my own belongings, and yes I do have enough money to pay someone else to do it and not care about it if I pleased. No one values their belongings anymore was the point I was trying to make. Most owners respect these cars but majorities ruin them by doing stupid things. That’s why we end up with websites like wreckedexotics. Stupid people buy these expensive exotic cars and think they will make up for their poor driving ability or make them invincible just to end up wrecking. Stefan Eriksson is another great example, He had two Enzo’s and never should have owned one. You don’t have to know frank very well to realize he’s not very bright when it comes to cars he would probably give up at getting the undertray off to do an oil change. Most car owners take little time to understand the car let alone how to drive them and it just pisses me off. A Ferrari especial because it is a driver’s car.

A great example of this is Lewis Hamilton. Ron Dennis helped sculpt him into what he is now. Before he was given the opportunity to drive the car Ron made sure he understood every aspect of it mechanically so he could push it that much faster. Does a driver need to know as much as an engineer to be a good driver? No, but look at what happens when one does.

The majority of people who drive Ferrari’s drive them just because it’s a status symbol to them and a means to attention. They cannot be appreciated for what they are on the street. Unless you are condoning reckless driving and speeding? I have enough tickets thanks to fast red cars to understand this now. There are vary few people who genuinely love to drive their car on public roads, and even if they are only going the speed limit, they respect what they are in and it creates an experience that only a hand built Ferrari can deliver.

Why don’t you grow up and quit coming into posts and picking apart and misconstruing things that people say. This isn’t a high school debate, and it’s just my opinion you don’t have to agree.
First off I don't think anyone was critisizing you for working on your cars. I admire that actually, I wish I could do more and work on the cars we have but technology is going to be the death of owners working on their cars. In fact I had a long conversation with the service manager at the Ferrari dealer about how people can't work on the cars anymore and how sad that is.

As far as understanding cars I have to disagree. I don't understand F1-trac, or exactly how the suspension is designed let alone the details of working on an electromagnetic suspension as in the 599, but I challenge you to find anyone who enjoys driving that car more then me. As far as Hamilton and racing is concerned, yes understanding the fundementals of a race car is an incredible asset in racing. In F1 we see time and time again where an understanding of the cars and the technology, and more importantly how to tune that technology to extract max performance, is a true edge in competition. Hence guys like Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton and so on can dominate guys like Kimi even though Kimis speed is incredible.

You are most certainly correct a lot of people buy ferraris for the status, but that's not true for everyone. You don't need to understand how a Ferrari works to appreciate it, you just need to drive one back to back with any other car out there and it becomes obvious.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I agree about how enjoyable they are to drive. I think I just hate that dumb Brit because he has more fun toys then me. I’ll try to catch up more after I get my new home trading platform up and working. I think he’s got more years on me though, probably double. Kimi fan?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
a little italin wax will get that right out, send it to joey....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 1 bites the dust - Supercar OUCH!!