Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Another 1 bites the dust - Supercar OUCH!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Another 1 bites the dust - Supercar OUCH!!

Dec 2004

Has it been fixed / sold ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&ito=newsnow

Last edited by SRW; 05-25-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
Is destroying Enzo's the new trendy thing to do?

Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Doesn't look that bad at all, definately repairable.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:31 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
And that’s what you get for driving one of those in the wrong place. They deserve to be driven by very competent, great drivers mostly at track. I don’t think they should be on the same pavement as normal cars mixed together with busses and trucks. If you can afford the car get a trailer. They only made so many. Even if all the bodywork gets repaired, with all the really light, and many carbon components, there are sure to be some issues and stress fractures that even the factory cant fix or find completely. You crash one of those its pretty much totaled in my eyes.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:46 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
They deserve to be driven by very competent, great drivers mostly at track.
This car was Frank Mountain's. He's a property development tycoon and does a lot of race car driving as a hobby (I guess that makes him a "great driver"). It should also be noted that this crash occured on his way to a race track.

He also has a Maserati MC12 and was featured on Top Gear or Fifth Gear... can't remember which, but I remember him racing the MC12 on a snowy track and wound up scraping it on a guardrail.

The car has since been repaired, the reason this crash was brought up again is because he is now suing the bus company for 300,000 pounds for repairs, loss of value, and loss of income during the time he spent away from work to deal with the repair.

The crash was apparently not his fault.. the bus driver took a corner way too fast and crossed into his lane.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:42 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
why are so many of those crashed...ive seen at least 10 just done

Old 05-26-2007, 03:52 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
he'll prob win the sue

Old 05-26-2007, 07:56 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
So many of them crash because they go to some stupid wealthy people. I thought that name sounded familiar. Some one who drives a rare MC12 in the snow, that really shows you this guy isn’t playing with a full deck. I respect the attitude that they were made to be driven, just not like that. If I were lucky enough to own one there would be very few occasions it would ever touch public roads, maybe a gathering or something. But other then that you trailer it to and from the track. Even if you are a safe competent driver (not in this Enzo’s case) its always the other guy. You have to drive that car as if no one sees you, even though they are all staring. Driving an Enzo in the city is like riding a duc in the city. There are way too many things, telephone poles, potholes, people opening doors and creeping out too far into the intersection. Just not smart. At least this incident isn’t as blatantly dumb and obvious as the others, but still.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 AM
I guess you're one of those people who would buy an exotic car to turn it into a garage queen?

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don't see him as not having a "full deck" for driving an MC12 on a snowy race track. He wanted to enjoy the car, so I think that should be respected. He may have overestimated his abilities slightly, but I don't think it was outrageous to think he would have been able to handle it (it's not like he was flying through the track at 200 mph).

There will always be situations where the "other guy" will do something stupid, but that's just part of life I guess? You can't expect all Enzo owners to close down a race track every time they wanted to drive their car. It's life. **** just happens.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Driving a limited run Ferrari or Maserati on the street especial in the snow is disrespectful to the engineers, designers, and workers who put so much effort into making something so amazing. EAF would never want any of his cars in the hands of such people. Has anyone even scene the episode of 5th gear where the same guy thrashes his MC12. He is a typical 1%er with enough money to buy everything auto related other then driving skill, knowledge and common sense.

If the bus company was smart and the driver hadn’t admitted fault I would go straight to the video of the frank running a 600hp exotic with summer tires in the snow into a wall. Some poor guy in Italy put hours of work into that paint job and probably has arthritis from wet sanding all day. It just seems like such a shameful waste to me. Ferrari is all about heart and soul of driving not money. They make enough cars to financially take care of their F1 department so they can keep racing, that’s what the company was founded on. If they wanted to make as much money as possible they would probably assimilate Porsche, the most profitable automaker. Its just too bad most go to people who don’t know what the car is for.

I drive all of my cars hard, some even sit outside (despite the badge or cost), but if I am driving along and some rocks gets kicked up and spray my front end and windshield I would be pist. Yes it can be fixed, but it’s my car and I value it. Frank has enough money he doesn’t value his belongings. If you ever put in the hours working on a car, exotic or otherwise, you will learn to respect it. Not knowing how to fill his washer fluid bottle and breaking it in the process, are you serious?

Italian sports car manufactures need to come out with the F.Mountain edition made of reinforced plate armor with crush proof panels sprayed with line-x instead of paint. When you can’t tell the difference between something so impressive as an MC12 and a snowmobile you should trade in the Enzo to someone more deserving and get a personal short bus. If your defending people disrespecting these engineering monuments, and moving works of art you need to join frank on his little bus. The title of this thread is a sad truth.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
If you ever put in the hours working on a car, exotic or otherwise, you will learn to respect it. Not knowing how to fill his washer fluid bottle and breaking it in the process, are you serious?
I think you're exagerating a little bit. Yes, he didn't know how to fill the washer fluid properly, and yes, as you say, if he had "hours of working" on the car, he should've known better. But the fact is, he had litterally (according to the episode) only just taken delivery of the car. Toss me the keys of an MC12, and as much as I love cars, I'd have no idea how to fill up the washer fluid bottle either.

Ferrari is all about driving... and that's what he did, he drove it, as opposed to keeping it as a garage queen. It's the same reason why I respect LV Eric's idea of daily driving his Enzo much more than I respect the Sultan of Brunei's massive car collection.

Keep in mind that Frank Mountain is probably respected to a decent degree by Ferrari, considering they sold him an F1 car. I really don't think he's just an egghead with too much money. He has a racing history and decent driving capabilities, unlike, say, that Russian gangster / Gizmondo dude... I forget his name now, who crashed his Enzo and blamed it on Dietrich.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Driving a limited run Ferrari or Maserati on the street especial in the snow is disrespectful to the engineers, designers, and workers who put so much effort into making something so amazing. EAF would never want any of his cars in the hands of such people.
Whatever. What a bunch of crap. These are street cars, not track cars. Buy an FXX if you want a track-only car. The old cars in Enzo's day were made to be raced over the paved and unpaved mountain roads of Mexico. The engineers, designers and workers who build these cars would be thrilled to know they are being driven at 10/10ths on the road in rain and snow, even at the risk of losing a few.

What in the world are you talking about? How freaking great is it to see people drive these cars? I have a close friend who owns 18 Ferraris. He has visited the factory on many occasions, met Enzo, owns an FXX, an Enzo, an F50, an F40, a 288gto, etc. etc. He drives the dog**** out of them, I see him flying through town weaving in an out of Hyundais and Honda vans.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Of course wealthy people own these cars. They are the only ones who can afford them. But it's all too rare that they get actually driven, let alone driven in anger on the road, as they were designed to.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 AM
thx for chiming in MexicoBlue. I forgive you for kicking my *** in front of your daughter I was beginning to worry when it seemed like I was the only one who respected the man for driving his Enzo.

btw, 19000rpm... if you keep waiting for your track days, be careful... your car may just end up like this https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=84537

Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone know where I can get the cheat sheet for the test? Trying to get my experienced certificate. The ratios of exotics crashed is in line with the non exotics so I guess experience is not the only answer. The only way to save a so called exotic car is to make her a garage queen which in my book so plain stupid and worse for the car. The body may be fine but the engine and electronics are getting messed up.

Just my cents.

Aloha

Byron

Old 05-28-2007, 02:24 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LittleJohny
thx for chiming in MexicoBlue. I forgive you for kicking my *** in front of your daughter
But still, that was a pretty stupid facking place to park!

Jokes aside - it says it wasn't even Mr. Mountain driving - says it was his mechanic. (Dietrich?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 1 bites the dust - Supercar OUCH!!