Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Mad Respect to Continental Ferrari Service guys....F40 story inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RufMD
Has she seen or sat in one ? She needs to be introduced to one at a meet or something...once she sees the passion that it evokes, she will understand.

It reminds me of what my wife said to me early on in our marriage...we went to a car meet, and she said "there really are a lot of crazy people like you out there..." It was a revelation to her, and she has become a car nut herself. There is hope my friend, stay the course and she will realize how much it means to you. Fake depression, do whatever you have to do...
I think if I tried that I would be *** out in the gutter.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Great story Jas, thanks for sharing. We see a lot of that at the races, all of my fellow Porsche guys always go the extra mile to help out a fellow racer. Great to hear the Ferrari gang is in the same boat.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Well I agree with you, but I think the difference comes from the volume of cars Porsche sells. Car enthusiasts makeup a much smaller portion of Porsche owners in my opinion than Ferrari owners. Most people who own used Ferraris in my experience love Ferraris. There are so many more porsches out there that there is just more arrogant owners. For the most part I think aside from flashy people, you have to be pretty serious about cars to spend Ferrari money on a car. Porsches are I think mostly bought as daily drivers, where Ferraris tend to be garage queens, and people who buy a car to look at it tend to care about it more than those who drive them every day like they are nothing. I could be wrong, and I wasn't trying to state fact, it's just my experiences. Keep in mind Porsches were my first love, and I thought Ferraris were pansy cars for the rich for years. One of my best friends in the world, who is more of a brother from another mother so to speak, was met through Porsches and actually through this very forum!

Jas you live in kentucky right? How far away are you from say cinci?
i'm in Lexington, its about an hour.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
"Fake Depression"

That a good one. Honey I'm depressed and the doctor prescribed a Ferrari.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
That is one hell of a story and one hell of a big break for your pocket!!! That would have been quite an expensive repair at the local dealer. Must have been an amazing sight to see those master techs working like mad to get the car fixed. That is F1 pit stuff right there!!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
husk is infamous around these parts
Ruf I enjoyed your story...I have the same problem with my F40 where is this relay located? I have the inside engine cover off and I can see some relays mounted upside down right where the engine cover comes off are these the relays that they cleaned up? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by husk
Ruf I enjoyed your story...I have the same problem with my F40 where is this relay located? I have the inside engine cover off and I can see some relays mounted upside down right where the engine cover comes off are these the relays that they cleaned up? Any help would be appreciated.

Husk, the relays are behind the fuse panel on the dash. check those first. The connector to the fuel pump sits at the back of the engine. If you have an owners manual, the wiring diagram shows it. Alternatively, for a more detailed explanation, call Tod Ruoti/Scott Wallace at Continental ferrari in chicago.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi Ruf,

Are you referring to the fuel pump connector at the fuel pump next to the ECU and FICM? or is there another connector you are referring to, I am going to check the dash relays right now thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
great story.

glad this thread went better than the one over at ferrarichat....

Old 09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
great story.

glad this thread went better than the one over at ferrarichat....
hahaha, thats the difference between 6speed and fchat !!!!

Sometimes you have to stand up for a friend....no one ever looks good in an internet war.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 PM
BINGO works great, I cleaned the contacts on the fuel pump which was right in front of the oil filter. Seems to have worked well, car doesn't miss or stutter anymore THANKS you saved me some $$$

Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Jas awesome story man, brought a warm feeling upon me LOL. I always get that at Porsche and Ferrari events (other marques too with such a pure history of racing and passion) ...

Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by husk
BINGO works great, I cleaned the contacts on the fuel pump which was right in front of the oil filter. Seems to have worked well, car doesn't miss or stutter anymore THANKS you saved me some $$$

Glad it worked man...I couldn't localize it very well for you, but you found it spot on.

Car runs like a beast now eh ?

Old 09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by RufMD
Glad it worked man...I couldn't localize it very well for you, but you found it spot on.

Car runs like a beast now eh ?

Yes I didn't have a chance to test it out much but could tell the difference right when I started it up. I was thinking about taking out the screws that held the contacts to the pump but ended up just cleaning the contacts on the pump, you can see how water can get trapped down there. I had a similar problem before and the dealer did all sorts of stuff and they said they bypassed some sensor which made my "slow down" light never come on again. I have a feeling it was a similar problem. I can't wait to take it out tommorow, for the past couple weeks or so I have been scared to take it out because I thought it would die on me, now it feels pretty strong and ready to go. I had a similar problem on my 512bbi fresh out of service I bet it was a the same corroded contact problem(they told me they had to change out the fuel pump) this was coming out of an "engine out service", and kevlar clutch installation.

Your story was not only heartwarming but also a great benefit to those of us who have faced similar problems and gotten stuck with a stiff bill for something so simple to fix. Thank you once again.

Last edited by husk; 09-08-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
e36mmm is infamous around these parts
jas im quite new on the forum and as i see your very respected on the forum and you have quite a collection. i respect you for that. one day maybe i will have a collection like yours too. im studying architecture and have 3 years to go. how old are you and how long did it take you to afford cars like those? did you ever finance them or did you always prefer to buy them with your own money? sorry im asking silly questions but i really want to know what its like to live with those
Buri

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mad Respect to Continental Ferrari Service guys....F40 story inside