Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Glickenhaus modifies his Ferrari P4/5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Glickenhaus modifies his Ferrari P4/5

New:

Original:

For anyone unfamiliar with the Ferrari P4/5, a quick history lesson is in order. The car is the pride and joy of movie producer turned Wall Street fund manager James Glickenhaus, who commissioned Italian coachbuilder Pininfarina to convert a brand new Enzo supercar into a modern iteration of the P3/4 racers from the 1960s.

Still not content with the car after taking delivery of it last year, Glickenhaus has since had a new pair of triangular shaped exhaust tips installed in place of the previous circular units. When asked whether the change was merely cosmetic or practical, Glickenhaus explained that it was a bit of both. Exhaust gases are said to flow better with the new shape as well as air flow leading to the rear wing.

The new set-up also allows the driver to avoid using the muffler during track days by simply flipping a switch in the cockpit. This also has the added benefit of giving a louder exhaust note, which is described by Glickenhaus as being "pretty wild."

From http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/24/g...-ferrari-p4-5/

Old 09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
sick sick sick

Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
As if that car couldn't become any more ridiculous! Awesome.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
WOW - that is just crazy! For a second I thought the spoiler was different but I guess it is at a different angle in the 2nd pic.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
As crazy as the car is, the owner is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Jim is a quality person, and the consummate enthusiast.

Love the new exhaust tips.

I had always thought that the flush contoured F1 exhaust tips that do not protrude above body panels would look phenomenal...but apparently there are heating and safety issues in public.

Gem of a car....needless to say !

Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I met Jim at the Million Aire event last year here in Monterey, along with the car's designer. Gentleman indeed.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Just amazing!

Old 09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
dm_n_stuff is infamous around these parts
Jim is a good guy. He has a bit of PT Barnum in him, but he certainly is passionate about his cars. Lots of self promotion, but also lots of great cars.

You have to admire a guy who makes street legal all his race cars. He's got a P3/4 (some would call that car a recreation) and a P4 that are streetable, along with a GT40 I believe and a number of other cars.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
the new tips looks sick

Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RufMD
As crazy as the car is, the owner is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Jim is a quality person, and the consummate enthusiast.

Love the new exhaust tips.

I had always thought that the flush contoured F1 exhaust tips that do not protrude above body panels would look phenomenal...but apparently there are heating and safety issues in public.

Gem of a car....needless to say !
I can attest to that, he sure is!!! That car is unbelievable in person!! BTW Jas I never was "confirmed" can you see what's up??