Car Meet / Photoshoot / BBQ in SWFL! (Friday - Jan. 4)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Zach is infamous around these parts
It was nice to meet some fellow 6speeders. Gotta love this site. We have some insane pictures on the way. Besim, after you left we took out the helicopter and took a ton of aerial shots.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Always good to see old friends and make new ones. Great time today guys, glad this all came together. Keep the pictures coming.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Just got home. Talk about a long day! Glad everyone had a great time. Was awesome to meet and re-meet some people from the 6 again!

I have to go sort through some 170+ photos from today. I'm very happy with how everything turned out and the helicopter definitely made for some TopGear type action with the aerial photography.

I will have many many pictures to post in the near future. Jim and his parents were absolutely ecstatic about the event and loved everyone that made it out. They have a few ticked off neighbors with the high speed runs down the runway (liability issues) so we will have to be more cautious next time out but nothing to lose any sleep over.

I will definitely have to set this up again in the future though since I have a feeling a few of you might want to come out again.

For the edit - I'll be making my own photo thread just because I have a ridiculous amount of pictures from today. So be on the lookout for that!

Teaser picture of Mike's SICK ride:

Last edited by Chris G; 01-06-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Turbo Mike is infamous around these parts
What a good time

It sure was a pleaser meeting fellow 6speeders in person, (nice to put a face to a avatar) There were some beautiful cars there and the hospitality of the host's, Jim and his parents, was unbelievable (what nice people). I want to thank Chris, Sean, Zach & Besim for taking pictures, I can't wait for the aerial shots, Then again I can't wait for the next time.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turbo Mike
It sure was a pleaser meeting fellow 6speeders in person, (nice to put a face to a avatar) There were some beautiful cars there and the hospitality of the host's, Jim and his parents, was unbelievable (what nice people). I want to thank Chris, Sean, Zach & Besim for taking pictures, I can't wait for the aerial shots, Then again I can't wait for the next time.

We all had a great time...kinda sucked that we had to leave early(long drive ahead)...But it was still a lot of fun.

So did anybody OPEN IT UP on the run way???

Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Turbo Mike is infamous around these parts
It might have been me, i took it up to 125mph

Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots!!! Lets hear about the runway runs..... That has always been a dream of mine. Everytime I am at an airport I think about how fun it would be to play around out there with no planes.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turbo Mike
It might have been me, i took it up to 125mph
You lucky son of a B****

I should of opened it up when I had a chance,,,to bad the old man was in there car.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
That was one of the most unique events I have ever been to. Big thanks to Chris and Jim (and his parents as well) for putting this all together. It was good seeing some fellow, as well as future 6speeders . I still can't believe they let us out on the runway for pics. It was a long drive, but well worth it. The V1 came in handy on more than a couple occasions on the way home. I rewarded myself with a few vodka sodas when I got home for making it there and back with no incidents

P7TT: How did you take this shot? Were you standing on my hood?

Last edited by deputydog95; 01-06-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Here's my contribution of photos.

Mike's Turbo

Behind the house

Our aerial tripod

Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Looks like a scene out of a movie

The caravan to the meet spot

Dep' Dog keeping it real

Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Old 01-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Awesome pictures. ^^^

I am just wrapping up my last few pictures now! Many hours later (7+ hours haha) they are finally ready.

I will be getting about 10 or so pictures developed today. Many of them have already been accounted for but I will happily blow up any picture anyone wants up to 12x18 in dimension for $20 a piece. (Shipping included) Should be great for home decor, offices, work, etc. All of the profits will most likely back into my photography equipment fund. (Or a great kick start to start saving up to buy Mike's Turbo whenever he sells it! lol If Zach doesn't beat me to it anyway. )

I think a lot of you guys saw some of my work at the meet yesterday of my buddy's 997 Turbo. The pictures when blown up are gorgeous. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on my work!

I will be making a thread within the next hour.

Last edited by Chris G; 01-06-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Nice work there Zach.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
great pictures...looks like a good time...Question...little help with what type of car this is...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Meet / Photoshoot / BBQ in SWFL! (Friday - Jan. 4)