Palm Beach Supercars & Cavallino Classic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 AM
NWS Alpine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by got_hp?
hes posting pictures of 2 different events in the same thread.

Yeah some are from Supercarweekend and the others from Cavallino that was held at the breakers hotel the same day/time. That event was like $50 from what I heard.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Carb0n Fiber is infamous around these partsCarb0n Fiber is infamous around these parts
right, the majority of my pictures are from cavallino over at the breakers, the event I believe is $60, I went over there after supercar weekend.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
ouch, 60 is very steep for a car show, unless it included food or was a benefit for a cause

Old 01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Damn, the pricing for these events is insane. I guess I'm fortunate not having to ever pay for entry as a trade off for my photography work. Otherwise, I'd never pay that much to attend a car show, that's absurd.

The only way to get me into the doors is:

1) If I'm getting paid to work and can justify the time and money spent to attend and travel

2) The event is just THAT extraordinary which is far and few between. I can count the extraordinary events on one hand that I've attended and or worked and I've done A LOT of car shows in the state.

3) I know a lot of my friends from the forums will be there so it will be a great reason to catch up with everyone.

4) It's going towards a charity event much like Rob's - Cars for the Cure.

The funny part is I can hands down say that Supercar Weekend was EASILY the most ridiculous and astounding car show event I EVER attended. (Last year)

I'm sad that not everyone could have experienced that event. It was truly that epic and to see it go to this in one year is astronomical.

Last edited by Chris G; 01-26-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
last year the cavallino was $75 at the door. so $60 is an improvement!
i don't necessarily agree that the stiff entry fee is so bad. particularly for the cavallino's case. lets face it, the cavallino is intended to be a antique car show first and foremost. not a bling-fest. the high cost of entrance keeps the crowd manageable and, in particular, discourages children from attending.

the supercar show, otoh, shame on them for high entrance fee and double shame on them for putting on a crappy 2nd year show. this show should be way more kid friendly since it touts things like celebrity appearances, famous cars, and bling.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
NWS Alpine is infamous around these parts
If I owned a supercar I would not put it in the Supercarweekend show. After seeing these little kids bang on the cars and stratch the **** out of them. One kid was going to every car and trying to open the door. When it wouldn't open he would almost rip the door handle off. Most of the owners were nowhere near the cars to prevent stuff like this. At one point I think I saw one kid picking his nose and whipping it in one of the cars.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Carb0n Fiber is infamous around these partsCarb0n Fiber is infamous around these parts
kids were sitting ON the cars, and my friend Eric stopped a few kids from sitting IN the cars...no respect at all!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
i remember that the cavallino classic had the supercar show happening in its valet parking area!
so you went to the classic car show and got the bonus of everything else to look at. and again, the crowds were never a problem.

i believe the supercar show got created partially because the snobbery of the cavallino organizers made it impossible for the owners to show off all their cars. you would go and see their transporters with priceless exotics which only got used on the moroso event and the mar-a-lago sunday. two years ago i took this pictures of the transporters stocked with more cars that never got included into the cavallino. it was ridiculous.

here's a p4/5 in the transporter, it was refused entry into the cavallino so it never left the transporter.

here's a (i think) a 512bb gtu in the transporter, again not allowed into the cavallino.

Attached Images   

Last edited by bruceinmiami; 01-26-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Zach is infamous around these parts
Ranger, that's unfortunate that you did not have a good time. I did not realize you were going, I would have liked to say hi to you and your kids. Maybe we'll see eachother at Cars for the Cure. Here are the pictures I took:
Supercar Weekend Pictures & Video

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
FLA-Vyk is infamous around these parts
Really great photos. That is a group of beautiful cars.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Unbelieveable that I keep responding.
I am truly viscerally pissed about that POS Saturday.
As I read on in this thread I see the illetous attitude.
My kids were respectful and did not commit the offenses stated.

I know I am not as prestigious as those involved with this fiasco.

To the guy who kept telling me, "well didn't you know the price".
Well buddy I did not count on a rip-off cash only scam.

I will be a cancer for this sham of a show!!!

Ranger God damit I'm ****.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Unbelieveable that I keep responding.
yeah, its hard to believe......youve ranted quite a bit, but still havent said much of anything that i can see that would give you a valid reason to be upset, other than being upset at yourself for not using some common sense.

My kids were respectful and did not commit the offenses stated.
no one said your kids did, the person was commenting that he wouldnt bring his own car to a show like that due to what he saw.

To the guy who kept telling me, "well didn't you know the price".
Well buddy I did not count on a rip-off cash only scam.
what? what does the payment method have to do with the fact that you should know the price before going?
you knew it was $30 per person, and its an outdoor event, its obvious that it would be cash at the gate.....were they going to plug credit card machines into the palm trees?

Ranger God damit I'm ****.
youre "****" ?
no offense man, but you stated in your previous post that you are a physician and that seriously scares me.