Runway event - 2 miles long - February 22nd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Glad to see my photography work and article collaboration with Malcolm is making its rounds!

Thanks for posting!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I have a runway event everyday to and from work. Granted my ride is not as worthy but still a buck thirty-two is exciting and legal.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Rockfreak 300 it sounds like this can be made into a reality and as I've wanted an event we can run every 3 months.
I know I can get sponsorship from wheels Botique and ASR Engineering here in Miami. ASR told me that VP race fuel will also come onboard. They can be on presence with available fuel.

Now I have not had anyone answer my question. Was this event held at the Dade-Collier airfield?
To my knowledge there is no other airstrip in So. Florida that is 2 miles.
Please PM me to discuss more details. I can get plenty of sponsors to financially support the events.

Ranger

Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it was held at the old jetport project near the Collier/Miami-Dade county line.

They had 31 cars paying $350 each and spectators were charged $50 for drinks and lunch but didn't make money for the day. They said it was over $20k for the rental, medical,and other related costs. Maybe their other events in Miami that weekend did okay.

The World Class Driving guys went there before too but their cars were used for the run and it cost way more for a full day of driving the cars they brought before going for the 200 mph.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
mburns813 is infamous around these partsmburns813 is infamous around these parts
If I would have known I would have tried to go. Looks like a lot of fun.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
Yes, it was held at the old jetport project near the Collier/Miami-Dade county line.

They had 31 cars paying $350 each and spectators were charged $50 for drinks and lunch but didn't make money for the day. They said it was over $20k for the rental, medical,and other related costs. Maybe their other events in Miami that weekend did okay.

The World Class Driving guys went there before too but their cars were used for the run and it cost way more for a full day of driving the cars they brought before going for the 200 mph.

ouch 20k! lol, did you atleast get the runway all day?

i bet you could get 50-75 cars out there if it was planned well in advance and posted on all the car forums a couple months ahead of time. drop the price to $250 per car and 80 cars will cover the $20k, and any spectator fees on top of that would be icing on the cake, not to mention whatever money a few select sponsors would throw in.......maybe they would bring the food/beverages or something. you wouldnt want too many sponsors, just a small handful.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I would love to start the Florida Mile just like the Texas Mile event.
Standing start run to measure the maximum achieved mph in a one mile distance.

Despite the rental fee of $20K for the runway that can easily be covered with sponsors (of which I can easily obtain) and food services and sales.

Need good advertizing. An event as this sells itself.
I have serious interests in getting this off the ground. Anyone else contact me.

Ranger

Old 03-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I would love to start the Florida Mile just like the Texas Mile event.
Standing start run to measure the maximum achieved mph in a one mile distance.

Despite the rental fee of $20K for the runway that can easily be covered with sponsors (of which I can easily obtain) and food services and sales.

Need good advertizing. An event as this sells itself.
I have serious interests in getting this off the ground. Anyone else contact me.

Ranger
Will be contacting you in the upcoming days. I've been swamped with photography work as of late but I am still highly determined to get this rolling.

I know of a pretty hefty amount of people who would pick this up. (Magazines / websites / blogs etc.)

It helps I've done quite a bit of work in the automotive field and marketing this would be a piece of cake with the right connections.

Plus, I have access to helicopters via my best friend and I know they would be in on this 110% for photography and video footage.

The potential for this event is astronomical. I'm not even interested in making this some kind of grand scheme with massive payouts. Nor am I out to try to steal anyone's thunder. I would just really like to get this event going. I didn't have the chance to run my own car at this particular event but I would love to even if it isn't a half a million dollar car. I know the amount of people that would be on this in a second.

Hell, the runway photo shoot I set up last year that gained masssiveeee amounts of attention, I set it up within a two day period. Imagine the potential with planning an event like this 6 months out. It would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Chris G; 03-07-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
With more planning you could definitely get more people. We had 2-3 guys from our shop alone that wanted to go, but finding out Tuesday about an event that is happening on Saturday 350 miles away is a bit tough, especially given the level of prep I would like for a car going over 200 miles. I'm down for future events with ab it more planning.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Talked to your guys at Lake Mary; they were great even though I've yet to follow up. I'd bet you could get several hundred cars at an event like this with better advance notice through the various clubs and associations and tuners.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I am quite interested and have no doubt with a solid board of people running this and putting in the time to host this event for all of us Florida car nuts, it could be an epic success.

Anyone else interested in potentially helping out? Sponsors / cars / advice etc. Please, feel free to shoot me a message.

I am still highly interested in getting this rolling!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned
This topic is going nowhere. No individual has contacted me.
If it will have any future I will do it myself with personal friends who will be sponsors.

Ranger

Old 04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
GT3Ranger,

Sorry I have not checked this thread after initially starting it. Just randomly run into it again looking for something else...

The event was an absolute blast and due to high demand we planned it again for April 19th. I know it's just another short notice date, but posting about this on multiple forums last time proved to be useless as you get more people without cars wanting to come and watch than actual owners who want to run their cars and participate in the event. Hence we limited the amount of forums we posted about the event and only sent it to our email database, select tuner shops, dealerships and other companies.

I'm flying down to Miami on Friday to prepare for the event, will be at the runway all day and leaving back to NY Monday evening. Please PM or email me for contact info and if time/schedules allow meet to discuss - hovik at exoticsrally.com.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
AKR8 is infamous around these parts
crap... i'll be in tampa for greek easter... when you guys do it again, it'll be awesome to get a week or two in advance, so i can cancel on those plans

Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
jriggs is infamous around these parts
Hovik, how did event number two go?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Runway event - 2 miles long - February 22nd