Runway event - 2 miles long - February 22nd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
Runway event - 2 miles long - February 22nd

If anyone here is interested, we're renting a 2 mile long runway about an hour from Miami on February 22nd.

We'll have a tent set up, serve breakfast/lunch and have beverages and snacks available throughout the day as the runway is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Good news though is that it's 2 miles long, smooth and if your car reach 200MPH you'll definitely be able to do it, and it'll be in a safe environment without having to worry about other cars or a nasty ticket...

We already have a bunch of cars signed up for the event including:
TT Gallardos
TT Ford GTs
Diablo 6.0 Twin SC
Enzo
LP640s
Carrera GT
GT2
LP560-4s
Gallardo SL
Gallardo Spyders
Ferrari 360/430
Nissan GTR
Saleen S7

and more...

Possible appearances by Veyron and MC12.

This event is part of our SoBe Getaway Weekend trip, but we have opened this for everyone and you don't have to be signed up for the whole weekend to take part in the Runway portion of the Weekend.

Pm for details and signup...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-11-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: remove commercial link
Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Banned
GlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of light
I was at the Airport Runway yesterday and all I can say is HOLY SH*T !!!

It is going to be an insane day. There is PLENTY of room to do about 100 mph into the turn and then plant your floor for the full run of about 1 1/2 miles, easily hit 200 mph or better!

The drive there was even a blast, when you enter the airport - the road that leads up to the runway entrance is a huge straight-a-way.

I can't think of another event that ended with a day such as this, its going to be historic!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Miami M3 is infamous around these parts
how much
i would like to hit my gov 155 mph in the M3, but with that line-up of cars, man im intimidated

Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned
GlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalLambo is a glorious beacon of light
NO need to be intimidated, come on down and enjoy the fun, there are plenty of times you can go for, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile etc... Plenty of cars that dont do 200mph will be there...

Cost is $350.00 / car w/2 people

Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
wish i could go!!!

someone please make sure to get some pics of the event, especially the twin s/c diablo !!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 PM
AKR8 is infamous around these parts
hey i was trying to send u a PM but im not allowed since I haven't met the Post criteria lol.

I was just looking for some info on the event, like time, and location.
btw, are u affiliated with euroSunday?

thank you

Old 02-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Carb0n Fiber is infamous around these partsCarb0n Fiber is infamous around these parts
great event put on by Exotics Rally, thanks Hovik and Seth!!

full pics here: http://www.flickr.com/brandonperdeck

Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
So, Anyone hit 200+?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
is this the twin s/c diablo? i wish there were some engine bay pics of it!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Miami M3 is infamous around these parts
Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Lasombra52 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by got_hp?
is this the twin s/c diablo? i wish there were some engine bay pics of it!

Yep, that's my friend Neil's car. (Not sure if his has the twin S/C are not to be honest though.) He hit 201 on GPS before he ran out of room. He said it was a blast and an awesome event. Some great cars showed up.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Man had I seen this earlier I would have been there for SURE... Guess I'll catch the next one...
Evan

Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I wish there would have been more lead time advertising about the event.
Was this at the Dade-Collier airstrip? I believe it is the only one around that is 2 miles.

I had looked into this last year. I would love to set up such an event with sponsors, to include tuners, gas distrib. and food services. I can imagine it could be done every 3 months.

Would you guys think such a plan is viable?

Cheers
Ranger

Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
335_II is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Was this at the Dade-Collier airstrip? I believe it is the only one around that is 2 miles.

I had looked into this last year. I would love to set up such an event with sponsors, to include tuners, gas distrib. and food services. I can imagine it could be done every 3 months.

Cheers
Ranger
Im up for it

Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger

Cheers
Ranger
HIGHLY.

A group of us had discussed this at the event itself. I KNOW the Florida car nuts would eat this up. I talked to someone at the runway event who drove down in their S65 from Washington. Getting people to attend from Florida should be a breeze.

It was an awesome time with awesome people and under a controlled environment.

If you are interested, I am highly motivated to start a board committee and get things rolling. I have a group of friends that I attended the event with and we have already made a list of things to look into if we set this up.

My buddy has a group of friends from Ohio who had already said they would love to attend this. It's affordable, safe, exciting, great environment to meet new individuals, and it gives them a location to run their 206mph - 6 second Supras in the 1/4 at an even safer location than a track. The runway is massive.

Last edited by Chris G; 02-27-2009 at 08:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Runway event - 2 miles long - February 22nd