South Tampa C&C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 PM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation South Tampa C&C

i would like to do a C&C in south tampa in the near future. i have a bunch of friends already down for it and just waiting on a date. Let me know if your interested i think it would be alot of fun. after, there are some great roads around the area for some driving espessialy the new elevated express crosstown which is pretty much empty at the right time. We have a few HD video cameras to do some great filming as-well. I know we could have a blast if you guys are interested.
- Eric

Old 06-23-2009, 04:01 AM
craigm1841 is infamous around these parts
count me in...

Old 06-23-2009, 04:56 AM
jriggs is infamous around these parts
if you can make it not conflict with orlando, dupont (st pete area), and the new tampa CnC i think you could get a strong turn out.

have you scouted a location yet? if so lets here the options

Last edited by jriggs; 06-23-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by jriggs
if you can make it not conflict with orlando, dupont (st pete area), and the new tampa CnC i think you could get a strong turn out.

i think finding a non-gravel parking lot in south tampa big enough for something like this will be the hardest part. I am still fairly new to tampa, but there may be some lots big enough downtown near the forum open on the weekends, however, the event would have to be deconflicted with forum events if this is planned for the evening. that area also has very easy access to the crosstown express lanes.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
TrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the roughTrackAddict997 is a jewel in the rough

Right i agree. Im out of town for the next couple of days but i have been looking into a (cement) lot in south tampa right next to channelside. Its got plenty of room and its real close to the crosstown. I live right on harbour island so i go pass there everyday and i have see that lot empty plenty of times. There is a starbucks and one other coffee shop right there aswell. what do u think? also what do u guys think about parking garages? there is one right at channelside also and the top floor never sees 1 car and its massive. u could get over 100 cars up there easy and its only like $1 or so to get in. Its got some bad *** views from up there that are great for pics, i have used it b4.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 AM
what do u think about what i wrote to jriggs?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Very cool, I love Channelside.

There should be quite a few members over in your direction. I'm located pretty close to the Tampa USF campus.

I have no doubt people would be willing to travel for this though!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM
2NDSHIFT is infamous around these parts
south tampa meet

Hmm...South Tampa Meet with P-car's and cross-town car ****??

Im' in...let me know where and when.

Anyone in the Hyde Park area??

Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Parking garage is a great idea. 1 dollar for a million dollar view sounds like a deal to me

Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chris G
Very cool, I love Channelside.

There should be quite a few members over in your direction. I'm located pretty close to the Tampa USF campus.

I have no doubt people would be willing to travel for this though!
awsome! ill let everyone know when i have date

Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 2NDSHIFT
Hmm...South Tampa Meet with P-car's and cross-town car ****??

Im' in...let me know where and when.

Anyone in the Hyde Park area??
forr sureee. ill let u know when i have the date. i live like 2 miles from hyde park. im out of town for a couple more days then ill be able to set this in stone with the location. its gunna happen though and its gunna be insane !!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
jriggs is infamous around these parts
The parking garage sounds like a good idea, if it's going to be a smaller meet.

But, the problem with using one for a meet is they do not like people hanging out in them. Now that being said, if you contact whoever the operator of the garage is and tell them what your wanting to do they might agree to "rope off" the top floor and charge a flat rate instead of per car. Now this leads you to where you would have to front the money to rent it to start and hope people pay you back. Not saying it wouldn't work just pointing out some opportunities which might arise.

The forum parking lot might be another option, once again someone needs to contact the operators of said lot to find out what the require for use of their property.

Everything being said, I like the idea of a Channelside location.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 AM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
This is a great idea. I organized the 2nd Saturday Tampa Cars & Coffee meet. As it was stated above I think this would have a great showing.
Channelside is also a location I agree with as well.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM
The parking garage sounds like a good idea, if it's going to be a smaller meet.

But, the problem with using one for a meet is they do not like people hanging out in them. Now that being said, if you contact whoever the operator of the garage is and tell them what your wanting to do they might agree to "rope off" the top floor and charge a flat rate instead of per car. Now this leads you to where you would have to front the money to rent it to start and hope people pay you back. Not saying it wouldn't work just pointing out some opportunities which might arise.

The forum parking lot might be another option, once again someone needs to contact the operators of said lot to find out what the require for use of their property.

Everything being said, I like the idea of a Channelside location.
yeah im going to talk to the parking garage people and the people who run the lot as soon as i get back because either one of those ideas i think will work i think. even if i had to front some $ im sure if the outcome is good i could somehow make it even. ill talk to everryone and let u guys know what i come up with!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by TMAC
This is a great idea. I organized the 2nd Saturday Tampa Cars & Coffee meet. As it was stated above I think this would have a great showing.
Channelside is also a location I agree with as well.
Yeah i think this is going to work out pretty well and be tons of fun. Im very inspired by all the response im getting on the idea! will get it done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: South Tampa C&C