Standing mile miami 10.11.09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
I sooooooooooooooo can't wait for this!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Sounds badass. I stopped at Doug Levin's shop today, which is right down the street. He mentioned the last event, and how he was told to go WOT till the speed trap, then hit the brakes, he said he went off road, because it wasn't enough room for that. I don't know if that had something to do with making the event a one mile only.

Sounds like a blast though,...motivates me to hustle and get my car there.

Doug didn't confirm that he would be there but I gave him the site info. I also am promitting this thing to multiple sites,... I wanna see a good group of cars. They say they are limited to 130 cars or soo.

Should be dope
Interesting stuff, Doug Levin makes some serious cars. Just met a guy here in Naples a few weeks back who had multiple Vipers and one of them was done up by Doug's shop. Good stuff.

Would love to see Doug out as well. I just spoke to Shawn from "Boost Shop" out of Miami who is bringing out their Carrera GT and 900hp Supra. I love it!

Hopefully your car will be finished up. How sweet would that be to run your beast at an event like that right when it gets finished?!

Either way, a mile is still no joke. More than enough room to play!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TMAC
I sooooooooooooooo can't wait for this!!!
For sure!!!

Which car(s) are you bring out buddy?

Mmmm.... the Porsche or the Audi, tough decision! lol

Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Chris G
For sure!!!

Which car(s) are you bring out buddy?

Mmmm.... the Porsche or the Audi, tough decision! lol
Right now it looks like I may be riding in a Million Dollar Bus down there. We want to cuise in style and since I won't be running my cars it only makes sense to cruise down in the "party" bus!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by TMAC
Right now it looks like I may be riding in a Million Dollar Bus down there. We want to cuise in style and since I won't be running my cars it only makes sense to cruise down in the "party" bus!!!
I'm so jealous right now.

Party and a full day of beautiful cars. What more could you want?

Almost tempting to take the bus on a full out run on the runway!

Last edited by Chris G; 08-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^^^^^^Saw some pictures of the previous event in another site, awesome work my friend !

Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Do you know what the rule will be about spectators? I know a few people that would love to come along and check out the event. Is there an admission fee? Requirements or rules for spectators? Thanks!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Do you know what the rule will be about spectators? I know a few people that would love to come along and check out the event. Is there an admission fee? Requirements or rules for spectators? Thanks!
According to their website:

Admission is $5 for spectators which is CHEAP!!!! $5 for viewing awesome cars run from 7am-5pm? Count me in.

To run your cars is $150 for early registration, $195 the day of the event which is still CHEAP.

It's a beautiful runway too. Well kept, it's still used for airliner practice / landings / take offs.

As for passengers, that's the only thing I don't know of yet. Will get back to you if / when I find out.

Last edited by Chris G; 08-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Out of curiosity, what cars do you think you'll be bringing out?

I think a lot of spots will fill up ridiculously quick when the event starts nearing. Already some awesome toys on the registration list.

Those videos posted above make me look forward to it even more!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Out of curiosity, what cars do you think you'll be bringing out?

I think a lot of spots will fill up ridiculously quick when the event starts nearing. Already some awesome toys on the registration list.

Those videos posted above make me look forward to it even more!
Not 100% sure yet. Hopefully we'll have a EVT750 997 Turbo out there, but there's a few variables in the equation that we still need to iron out.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:25 AM
jriggs is infamous around these parts
pretty sure one of the local tampa shops is taking a nasty HPF car down to have fun with!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I will need to touch base with them on if we can get a bus in. We plan to drive down on Saturday afternoon and sleep in the bus over night as close to the strip as possible. Then we will have the bus at the strip all day for a cool place to hang out and have food.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:21 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Interesting stuff, Doug Levin makes some serious cars. Just met a guy here in Naples a few weeks back who had multiple Vipers and one of them was done up by Doug's shop. Good stuff.

Would love to see Doug out as well. I just spoke to Shawn from "Boost Shop" out of Miami who is bringing out their Carrera GT and 900hp Supra. I love it!

Hopefully your car will be finished up. How sweet would that be to run your beast at an event like that right when it gets finished?!

Either way, a mile is still no joke. More than enough room to play!

Some things would really have to work out for me to get my car there. I would ove to make it more then anything.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Will get back to everyone regarding passengers once I know all of the specifics.

Last edited by Chris G; 08-14-2009 at 11:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Standing mile miami 10.11.09