1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Isaac Gray is infamous around these parts
just finished the last things on the GT and with our New Turbos lets just say the car is wicked fast dynoed 1?24 HP we should see you all at the mile look forward to meeting everyone

Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
if anyone has a Go Pro camera that we could use for the day that will be great

Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 AM
nogelgee64 is infamous around these parts
any update on the event

Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Car count, I say around 40-50 Cars in attendance, I made 4 passes but I saw cars making 10+ passes, everyone gathered at the starting line, in there, one of the officials was calling the speed of the car that just ran, it was very nice to see the car and few minutes later know what the car ran, I said average speed was mids 160mph, lots in the 170s mph and about 5-6 cars in the 180s mph.

Cars in attendance:

Vipers
Lambo TT
Vettes
Porsches
GTR'S
Camaro
Benz's
Mustangs
Mustangs GT
Ferrari F40
Maserati

The event was scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m. At 9:03 we were making our first safety pass, after that you were free to line up. 3 lanes were set up, DJ was on, small stand with food with two tents with tables and chairs, they even had fans on, it was nice to sit down to eat something and watch the cars, once you make your run you had to stop at a check point and the guy would tell you your speed.

Lots of on board cameras so I suspect many videos will pop up, the guys from Billet Design had a remote control Helicopter and the video guys installed some on it, pretty cool, it was a more mature crowd, everyone was out to have a great time and we did lots of friendly people, I will defiantly attend this event again at least for me I had zero aggravation.

From my side I ran

149mph
166mph
174mph
178.5mph

All of them with a cracked exhaust manifold, a lot of very nice people in attendance,weather was fantastic

Last edited by Tito; 11-15-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
FEAR is infamous around these partsFEAR is infamous around these parts
i met one of the organizers the week before at the Lamborghini keys run, i knew it was going to be a well run event and i really wanted to go but i had to work. glad it went well, i'm gonna make the next one for sure

Old 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM
SGC
SGC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tito
Car count, I say around 40-50 Cars in attendance, I made 4 passes but I saw cars making 10+ passes, everyone gathered at the starting line, in there, one of the officials was calling the speed of the car that just ran, it was very nice to see the car and few minutes later know what the car ran, I said average speed was mids 160mph, lots in the 170s mph and about 5-6 cars in the 180s mph.

Cars in attendance:

Vipers
Lambo TT
Vettes
Porsches
GTR'S
Camaro
Benz's
Mustangs
Mustangs GT
Ferrari F40
Maserati

The event was scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m. At 9:03 we were making our first safety pass, after that you were free to line up. 3 lanes were set up, DJ was on, small stand with food with two tents with tables and chairs, they even had fans on, it was nice to sit down to eat something and watch the cars, once you make your run you had to stop at a check point and the guy would tell you your speed.

Lots of on board cameras so I suspect many videos will pop up, the guys from Billet Design had a remote control Helicopter and the video guys installed some on it, pretty cool, it was a more mature crowd, everyone was out to have a great time and we did lots of friendly people, I will defiantly attend this event again at least for me I had zero aggravation.

From my side I ran

149mph
166mph
174mph
178.5mph

All of them with a cracked exhaust manifold, a lot of very nice people in attendance,weather was fantastic

Tito,

I was out there as well.

I agree the weather was amazing except for a little bit of a cross/head wind.

I was driving Renntech's Silver C63 and my Silver CL65 Mercedes. I got there around 11 am and made about 8 passes or more with the C63 and
3 passes with the CL65. It was a good day.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I was just telling my friend about this two sick Benz's, Holly Batman talk about a sleeper! I saw you guys were in the 180s! time after time, hope to meet you guys next time

Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
SGC
I was just telling my friend about this two sick Benz's, Holly Batman talk about a sleeper! I saw you guys were in the 180s! time after time, hope to meet you guys next time

Thanks Tito. Look forward to meeting you as well.

We were very surprised with both cars, especially since CL weighs 4800 lbs without me in it.

C63 with Renntech bolt ons (headers, mid pipe, airbox, ECU tune) went best of 176.

CL65 went nearly 184 (183.7) on first two runs, and 185 on last run.

I was told that VP Race Fuels was going to be there, so arrived with pump gas. Then found out VP not there, so made all runs on pump gas. CL has Renntech ECU, TCU and Airbox. Stock turbos and exhaust. Tried methanol injection in front of turbos. Made no difference. Runs were same with and without methanol.

Look forward to next time.

Last edited by SGC; 11-15-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Cool, VP Fuels was there for a few hours, I was with Bello and Joe Rodriguez with the old school skyline, he drove from Sarasota and on the first pass the charge pipe came off it was a pita to put it back together so for the next event he should be good to go.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
SGC
Cool, VP Fuels was there for a few hours, I was with Bello and Joe Rodriguez with the old school skyline, he drove from Sarasota and on the first pass the charge pipe came off it was a pita to put it back together so for the next event he should be good to go.

I guess I got there too late for VP. Next time I know to come a little earlier.

I didn't realize you were with those guys. I spoke to Joe when I was leaving. I felt bad that he was having issues with the charge pipe. I know he was dying to make a pass.

Tell Joe, Eddie and Steve I said hello.

Steve

Old 11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
What did Eddies car run?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
183 he had some issues

Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
Man it was really nice, the weather was perfect.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
and..................The Lambo is SICK!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Did anybody go over 200?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI