1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI

Copy paste in case some of you are interested

On Saturday, November 14, join other Exotic Car Enthusiasts for the 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event, that will be held at the Dade Collier Air Strip located about 25 miles west of Miami.

This event is like NO OTHER. You will have 1 Mile to accelerate as fast as you can, and to achieve the fastest MPH in this distance. There are only a few other places in the US you can do this safely, and without fear of earning any speeding tickets. This is in our backyard, so be sure to come out and have a great time.

There will be 3 beautiful trophies awarded to the top 3 places.

Regular price is $225 per driver, $275 day of event. For all paid VCA Members, it is $200. To register, please print out the Tech form, fill out and include a check payable to Top Gun Run. Send the check to Viper Club, P.O. Box 415179, Miami Beach, FL 33141-5179. They must get your check by Friday November 6 in order to get that price. Don't delay; space is extremely limited! Once it sells out, it's done.

FYI, I am working on getting a Buggati Veyron out to play that day, but rest assured, there will be many exotics out that day. Come and represent the Viper and show them that we've got what it takes to go the full mile and to put down some serious MPH and take home that trophie.

This is where Big Dogs Play. Yes, the 1/8 Mile is fun; 1/4 Mile is exciting. The Standing Mile? Well let's just say that there aren't many who will have what it takes to go the distance.

Also... On Saturday, November 7, there is an Open Class Top Gun Run where anything modern runs, including motorcycles. If you're interested in coming out, please don't hesitate to do so. The record so far in the Standing Mile is 261 by a Toyota Turbo Supra, and 265 by a Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo.

Visit topgunrun.com for further details.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-12-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: embedded link
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Another one, nice!

$10 to spectate, not bad.

I hope it's a bit more organized than the one yesterday (I'm aware this was not a topgunrun spnsored event) and it's not a 1 mile walk to see the cars run.

Also try to get some food/beverage vendors out there!

I'll be there!

Last edited by RFFG; 10-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
sweet, looks like they are going to be hosting these pretty damn often!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Great to see another mile run event BUT please be more organized than that CF we experienced yesterday.
All day out there to get 3 runs!
Don't want to have to keep pissing in the Everglades in front of everyone.

Ranger

Old 10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LTHL SVT
who went 261 in a supra?
^^^^^
this...

the fastest 1 mile supra is SW's IIRC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xr58Fq9fwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mOkWuaAC0

Old 10-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Isaac Gray is infamous around these parts
we are going to try and make it out there then just wondering what are you guys going to radar the equipment.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
I'll try and make it out again, no cameras with me this time around though.

Hope to finally officially meet a ton of you this time around.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Apparently there's an open friendly challenge to anyone that wants to run Bello in a one mile race

Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Isaac Gray is infamous around these parts
That would be kind of cool haha im going to give him a call tomorow

Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
please do let us know the outcome

Old 10-29-2009, 01:31 AM
PS-Photos is infamous around these parts
Damn, Sat event! Maybe I can get off.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in.... they are going to real timing equipment, no more radar guns...

the last event had my ACR at 143 MPH on a 170+ MPH run.... you can hear me go by the camera at the 3/4 mile mark shifting into 5th which is 165 MPH...

Old 10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FikseGTS
I'm in.... they are going to real timing equipment, no more radar guns...

the last event had my ACR at 143 MPH on a 170+ MPH run.... you can hear me go by the camera at the 3/4 mile mark shifting into 5th which is 165 MPH...
lmfao.......yeah i heard some whack readings like that.

BTW, for 2 cars, that is a pretty badass combination, good choices!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
About the Jet Port... better make the most of it before we lose it.

Miami-Dade looks to cash in on old jetport

"Besides drilling, ranked as option No. 1, there are other possibilities: rock mining, a park for off-road vehicles (ATV), selling the land or charging by the chunk for its use as a "mitigation bank'' to offset wetlands damage elsewhere. "

Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
We will be there!!!...we are going to display and run a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Corvette Z06 with FORZA FORGED wheels. It should be a nice event

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI