M5 Leather Car Seat Repair Recommendation Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 PM
hyboost is infamous around these parts
M5 Leather Car Seat Repair Recommendation Needed

Has anyone had any experience with places that can fix leather seats in S. Florida? I had someone sit down in my passenger seat of the M5, and they put a huge 6" gash in the leather of the seat with their jeans. Its not ripped, but on the black seat, it looks like a white scratch going down the center part of the back rest.

Any help, advice or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
A friend of mine had positive experience with National Tops and Glass on US-1 re-upholstered the seats in his 300Z a few years ago. He tells me they did a good job. But of course, definitely check for other references, as workers may have changed since then.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
We have a great shop we work with that can fix that seat ill almost guarantee without seeing it.. They redid a customer of ours Porsche that looked like the seat was sitting in his backyard for 2 years.. it looks PERFECT when finished.. All thru conditioning his leather not a reupholster job..

Mike

Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
We have a great shop we work with that can fix that seat ill almost guarantee without seeing it.. They redid a customer of ours Porsche that looked like the seat was sitting in his backyard for 2 years.. it looks PERFECT when finished.. All thru conditioning his leather not a reupholster job..

Mike
Mike, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will swing by your shop next week sometime to discuss in detail. (This is Rob with the silver M5 by the way. My old man owns MR Auto Clinic a few doors down from you. We had our e30 m3 race car on your dyno a few times)

Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hyboost
Mike, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will swing by your shop next week sometime to discuss in detail. (This is Rob with the silver M5 by the way. My old man owns MR Auto Clinic a few doors down from you. We had our e30 m3 race car on your dyno a few times)
Ok funny, I thought that was your Pops but Eduardo said you were his customer.. We were just talking about you last week at a PCA DE in Sebring.. Wondering how your E30 is running now dry sumped and all..

We are located at 11530 Wiles Rd now in a much larger shop.. Stop by and we can chat and maybe figure out the next track day we can attend.. We are much more focused on Road racing for 2010 so hopefully we can have some fun along side the Monster E30..

Mike

Old 12-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, its been our little shop project car for a couple years now. We've gone through a lot with the original s14 motor build and now the s50b32 euro motor swap, but its running great finally. The dry sump setup solved all our starvation issues and the car has been reliable for a few track weekends now. We did Sebring a few times and most recently Roebling back in November. We will be back out at Sebring in January with PBOC for Winterfest. Any plans to make it out there? Its their biggest weekend of the year, with cars from all over the country coming down (mostly Porsche's and some BMW's).

Did you run your new GT3 at Sebring with PCA? What laptimes were you guys seeing?

I'll swing by the new shop this week some time...

Old 12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by hyboost
Yeah, its been our little shop project car for a couple years now. We've gone through a lot with the original s14 motor build and now the s50b32 euro motor swap, but its running great finally. The dry sump setup solved all our starvation issues and the car has been reliable for a few track weekends now. We did Sebring a few times and most recently Roebling back in November. We will be back out at Sebring in January with PBOC for Winterfest. Any plans to make it out there? Its their biggest weekend of the year, with cars from all over the country coming down (mostly Porsche's and some BMW's).

Did you run your new GT3 at Sebring with PCA? What laptimes were you guys seeing?

I'll swing by the new shop this week some time...
We will be at winterfest of course.. We havent run the Gt3 yet @ sebring only the 2 subarus.. We turned 2:44 or so with them.. They are both full weight street cars with minor mods..

Please swing by sometime this week if you have time so we can talk.. I am sure Eddie would like to talk to you as well..

Mike